• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of the fun things about community life

Mark Dohle

One of the fun things about community life

Living in a Monastery can be very interesting. I suppose we all have some sort of community we live in or work from, and yes family is also considered, especially family.

If only my brothers would listen to me, then everything would be just perfect. One day about three years ago, we were having a meeting about our liturgy. So I took the microphone and gave my opinion on how I believe it should be done, etc. So I gave my little contribution to the discussion, and then when I sat down, everyone was quiet for a minute, then they all started laughing. I knew they would. I am a minimalist when it comes to liturgy, not in any way part of the majority. I am thankful for that, not sure I would want the liturgy to be the way I think I would like. It works now, but I was glad that I gave the community something to laugh about.

Better than being laughed at because I had my pants on backward.--Br.MD