• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of my favourite bits of Canadiana...

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I grew up near the banks of the Ottawa River, right across from one of the largest pulp and paper mills in the world. Every spring, the whole river was covered with logs that had been floated down from logging camps all over the forests of Ontario and Quebec. See the picture below: the buildings you see on the hill are the Parliament of Canada, just as I saw them.

Anyway, for those who might care to watch and listen, this is a personal favourite, called "The Log Driver's Waltz," about the men who worked on the river actually on top of all those logs, "herding" them to the E.B. Eddy Company just across the river from Parliament.

It's quite delightful, trust me. The Log Driver's Waltz.

ottawalogging_3a0836eb-8b3d-48c0-b3aa-39b074737a01_1024x1024.jpg

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I grew up near the banks of the Ottawa River, right across from one of the largest pulp and paper mills in the world. Every spring, the whole river was covered with logs that had been floated down from logging camps all over the forests of Ontario and Quebec. See the picture below: the buildings you see on the hill are the Parliament of Canada, just as I saw them.

Anyway, for those who might care to watch and listen, this is a personal favourite, called "The Log Driver's Waltz," about the men who worked on the river actually on top of all those logs, "herding" them to the E.B. Eddy Company just across the river from Parliament.

View attachment 47135
unless you are fisher person with no boat....

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

View attachment 47135
My favourite is 'The Sweater' . but this one is great too.

Dave Watchman

View attachment 47135

I trust you.

It's one of my favorites too.

I got hooked on it as a kid.

They played it every day on some Canadian TV station after a program, like a time filler.

It got so I was looking forward to the Log Driver video more than whatever the TV show was.