• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One God

MyM

Knowledge is knowledge though and that benefits us and of course I believe in it :) it's from Allah but trust me, when Christians say in God's image, they are on an entirely different platform
I am not familiar with their works on it. So I can't comment on that.

It's mainly ignorance about it since it is unknown who wrote the book of Deuteronomy.

They quote this all the time and they are soooo proud of it. It's like they are very proud to resemble God be it spiritually, intellectually, mentally, morally given to them. They are able to communicate to him because of this and it sends a message that they are made in his image. hmmm I'm gonna google this just to see what google says ...just for the heck of it

1. : A theological term, applied uniquely to humans, which denotes the symbolical relation between God and humanity. ... To say that humans are in the image of God is to recognize the special qualities of human nature which allow God to be made manifest in humans.

2. The term has its roots in Genesis 1:27, wherein "God created man in his own image. . ." This scriptural passage does not mean that God is in human form, but rather, that humans are in the image of God in their moral, spiritual, and intellectual nature.

The second one is more less what I was taught.

Whether they mean that they focus on the purpose they are put on earth to do God's work, or be in a state of dignity, I just wish they would not belittle God so much. But that's me. Human beings are in no way comparable in wisdom or spiritual.

I just read suratal Iklas whenever someone says it lol

MyM

It is a type of shorthand.
I had been typing out God, the Most High, and sometimes just God in reply to atheists who were saying god this, or god that, or what god etc.

I know that G-d is understood to be the monotheistic God in the OT, and I don't seem to be told Allah is a different god etc. There is only One god. He has many names :)

G-d is short for "God, the Most High" and is a bit like Allah SWT for me, but in a universal forum.

understood. :) I can relate because sometimes when we talk about God our Creator, they use Jesus as theirs. But writing it in English really makes no difference to me :) It's the Arabic one that is written down on things that one has to be more respectful towards.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just read suratal Iklas whenever someone says it lol

Surah Ikhlas shows God is filled and he misses no beauty or glory and all of it found in him in pure simplicity. As he is filled with all life, he can't be repeated so can't beget or be begotten.

But somehow it also shows we know he is God and is this. How?

The Surah begins with that which other Surahs begins.

By the name of God..say...

The name of God is the station of Mohammad (s) as an intermediate between God and his creation.

We are somehow also connected to the name of God and are supposed to acknowledge God, who he is, and that he is filled with all glory, beauty, and life.

Surah Ikhlas without "say" would not make sense, since God is One, Filled, and can't beget or be begotten regardless of God's Name.

The name is indication we are to know this about him and that he is part of our reality.

The fact God is Filled of all life, shows, our life and no possible life, can exist, but has to originate from him.

So while it shows God doesn't beget, it all shows, no praise in creation exists without him.

muhammad_isa

writing it in English really makes no difference to me :)
Nor me.
Every act is judged by its intention.

I don't think that writing God is wrong, I just like to be more specific and feel respectful when I write posts.
I'm not suggesting that it IS more respectful to write G-d.
Is it more respectful to write Muhammad SAW?

It depends on the intention, I would say.

MyM

Surah Ikhlas shows God is filled and he misses no beauty or glory and all of it found in him in pure simplicity. As he is filled with all life, he can't be repeated so can't beget or be begotten.

But somehow it also shows we know he is God and is this. How?

The Surah begins with that which other Surahs begins.

By the name of God..say...

The name of God is the station of Mohammad (s) as an intermediate between God and his creation.

We are somehow also connected to the name of God and are supposed to acknowledge God, who he is, and that he is filled with all glory, beauty, and life.

Surah Ikhlas without "say" would not make sense, since God is One, Filled, and can't beget or be begotten regardless of God's Name.

The name is indication we are to know this about him and that he is part of our reality.

The fact God is Filled of all life, shows, our life and no possible life, can exist, but has to originate from him.

So while it shows God doesn't beget, it all shows, no praise in creation exists without him.

We know this sura to be equivalent to 1/3 of the Quran. One of the most beautiful chapters in the Quran. Mohammad is indeed the last messenger of Allah. Reality meaning God gave us a brain to use and to think with.
He is the One Who created for you hearing, sight, and intellect. ˹Yet˺ you hardly give any thanks.
Al Mu'minoon 23:78

Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is, over all things, Disposer of affairs. To Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth. And they who disbelieve in the verses of Allah — it is those who are the losers.
Az zumaar 39:62–63

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is two components to seeing God. One is rational eye (God is One, filled, doesn't beget, etc), the other is the eye of love, the eye of love sees the beauty of God.

Taqwa is from the rational eye, while hope in God and drawing close is from the eye of love.

Rational eye advises the eye of love.

When eye of love is intoxicated by falsehood and sorcery of Iblis and chases dunya, it's also the rational eye that tells it to fear God and the fire.

Ultimately, the sword of God which is another phrase for God's Name, is with us. If we hold on to it, we will make it out of the darkness and destroy the shadow murk of Sorcery of Iblis and his forces.

This is why the Surah is then followed by the two Muwathayn (refuge taking chapters).

If a human is intoxicated and denies the fear of God and hell fire as a punishment, then it truly has hated God to the extent there is nothing that can be done for it.

It won't love or see God but make up a God per their desires.

"By the name of God...say I don't worship that which you worship nor do you worship that which I worship".

The name of God is why belief in Prophets is necessary for it is the station of the holy spirit.

Last edited:

MyM

You recited sura Al Kafirun This was one of the very first suras I memorized when I accepted Islam.

Allah has indeed equipped his servants the means to protect themselves from shayton the rejected. There are ithkaar, there is ayaat etc, they are means to help us and keep us on the straight path.

Whooever loves the dunya more than Allah, Allah is his destination.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You recited sura Al Kafirun This was one of the very first suras I memorized when I accepted Islam.

Allah has indeed equipped his servants the means to protect themselves from shayton the rejected. There are ithkaar, there is ayaat etc, they are means to help us and keep us on the straight path.

Whooever loves the dunya more than Allah, Allah is his destination.

We had a good discussion brother. Thank you.

Reactions: MyM

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
NO!!!!!

You start with a FALSE PREMISE and continue to convince your audience throughout afterwards using that false premise.

Your body is NOT another YOU!

Your Spirit is not a SEPARATE YOU!

Your body and spirit are the ONLY YOU!

The BODY OF you is the vehicle through which your SPIRIT engages in the physical world.

Your spirit cannot interact in the physical world except through the physical body that belongs to you/it.

The body cannot function without the spirit enabling it…

Your analogy of the body without an apparent ear is an example of the Spirit being unable to use the aural senses in the body it is in.

It was not ANOTHER SPIRIT of you that was speaking to you. Everyone has doubts and encouragements with themselves. So it is perfectly possible to CONVINCE yourself of something positive (Can do) … or negative (Can’t do). It’s a choice gained from FREE WILL.

And, in any case, you only depicted TWO persons of YOU! Image of God has THREE!

You see, this is how false belief is exposed!

And your false belief is blatantly exposed right here by your own words and thoughts.

So, which of the YOU’s is going to admit to the falseness of your claim?

Hmmmm... no.

I am a spirit that has a soul and lives in a body (which will eventually be a new body) and when John went to the third Heaven, as did Paul, they were "out of the body" IMHO.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
well, Adam wasn't born, he was created. Jesus was miraculously born from the virgin Mary.

Jesus real name is called EESA. we say Jesus here simply for terms of acknowledgement.
But I was askin why leave out the vowels in the name?
Even in the English language we type how it sounds like Allah is exactly how you sound it out in the Arabic language.
But in saying that, if it is indeed the name of Allah in Arabic, we are not to throw it down, put it in the trash, etc. Respect of Allah's name is just that. :)
Where do you get the name ‘Eesa’ from?

Respect of any name is good. Our God gave his name as ‘Yhwh’ which is Hebrew for ‘I am’… which indicates that he is everlasting. It also indicates that he is perfect and does not change: Perfection cannot change!! God Audi said that his name must not be taken or used in vain. This is because the Jews used the name as a way of swearing an oath …. but soon started breaking the oath which resulted in the name of God being brought into ill-repute. Therefore the Jews stopped even speaking the name of God in case they sinned by doing so!

Other than that, I’m not sure what your argument is!

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Hmmmm... no.

I am a spirit that has a soul and lives in a body (which will eventually be a new body) and when John went to the third Heaven, as did Paul, they were "out of the body" IMHO.
Which all goes to show you have no idea. In fact, worse than that - you have the wrong idea and therefore are apt to mislead vulnerable and less knowledgeable ones with your nonsense!

A person (Soul) is a Spirit limited in a body of flesh. That’s it!

MyM

Where do you get the name ‘Eesa’ from?

Respect of any name is good. Our God gave his name as ‘Yhwh’ which is Hebrew for ‘I am’… which indicates that he is everlasting. It also indicates that he is perfect and does not change: Perfection cannot change!! God Audi said that his name must not be taken or used in vain. This is because the Jews used the name as a way of swearing an oath …. but soon started breaking the oath which resulted in the name of God being brought into ill-repute. Therefore the Jews stopped even speaking the name of God in case they sinned by doing so!

Other than that, I’m not sure what your argument is!

Eesa is the name Allah uses for his messenger Jesus.
Allah gave us his name which is Allah. We already know Allah is everlasting.
In Islam, one is not to swear as well using Allah's name. But his name never changes. His name will always be the same and no human being or part of the unseen has any right to say otherwise or change it in any form. If they swear, the sin is on him no one else.

This is not an argument lol

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Eesa is the name Allah uses for his messenger Jesus.
Allah gave us his name which is Allah. We already know Allah is everlasting.
In Islam, one is not to swear as well using Allah's name. But his name never changes. His name will always be the same and no human being or part of the unseen has any right to say otherwise or change it in any form. If they swear, the sin is on him no one else.

This is not an argument lol
Can I ask?

Do you follow the text in Quran and Hadiths word by word and nothing else at all? Not even your own pondering about what verses from the teaching actually means?

MyM

Which all goes to show you have no idea. In fact, worse than that - you have the wrong idea and therefore are apt to mislead vulnerable and less knowledgeable ones with your nonsense!

A person (Soul) is a Spirit limited in a body of flesh. That’s it!

The knowledge about the soul is exclusively for Allah. Allah says in the Quran, "And they ask you [O Muhammad] concerning the rooh [the spirit]. Say: The rooh: it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little.
al-Isra 17:85

MyM

Can I ask?

Do you follow the text in Quran and Hadiths word by word and nothing else at all? Not even your own pondering about what verses from the teaching actually means?

I have direct access to scholars of ahadith and Quran. As for pondering yes I ponder :) But I don't ponder to the extent of giving my own opinions as facts when the knowledge is already there. :) I look at the sky at night, I look in amazement of the beauty of Allah's creation. The sun, the power of the natural forces he uses (tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes etc.) I see the blessings he gives mankind and I see how mankind deals with them. I see that not all good is good and not all bad is bad. I know that sometimes we think something is good for us and could be something in that goodness that is bad for us. I do ponder yes :) all the time.
“(This is) a Book (the Quran) which We have sent down to you, full of blessings, that they may ponder over its Verses, and that men of understanding may remember”
Saad 38:29.

muhammad_isa

Allah gave us his name which is Allah..
Yes, it is Arabic for "the God" as opposed to "a god".

Arab Christians also use the word "Allah" in the same way.
..but I understand what you mean. The Qur'an is revealed in Arabic, and so the Arabic language becomes of great significance.

MyM

Yes, it is Arabic for "the God" as opposed to "a god".

Arab Christians also use the word "Allah" in the same way.
..but I understand what you mean. The Qur'an is revealed in Arabic, and so the Arabic language becomes of great significance.

Allah : the God
la ilaha illa Allah: the only one worthy of worship
ilah: the one that is worshipped
the rub: (the Lord) the one who takes care of

Yes, respected significance

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The knowledge about the soul is exclusively for Allah. Allah says in the Quran, "And they ask you [O Muhammad] concerning the rooh [the spirit]. Say: The rooh: it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little.
al-Isra 17:85

That's not a good translation.

MyM

That's not a good translation.

وَيَسْـَٔلُونَكَ عَنِ ٱلرُّوحِ ۖ قُلِ ٱلرُّوحُ مِنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّى وَمَآ أُوتِيتُم مِّنَ ٱلْعِلْمِ إِلَّا قَلِيلًۭا

pick one, lol they all mean the same as thing :)

And they ask you about the Spirit. Say, "The Spirit is of the Command of my Lord; and in no way have you been brought of knowledge except a little."

— Dr. Ghali

[Prophet], they ask you about the Spirit. Say, ‘The Spirit is part of my Lord’s domain. You have only been given a little knowledge.’

— Abdul Haleem

They are asking thee concerning the Spirit. Say: The Spirit is by command of my Lord, and of knowledge ye have been vouchsafed but little.

— Pickthall

They ask thee concerning the Spirit (of inspiration). Say: "The Spirit (cometh) by command of my Lord: of knowledge it is only a little that is communicated to you, (O men!)"

— Yusuf Ali

(Эй Муҳаммад алайҳис-салоту вас-салом), сиздан руҳ-жон ҳақида сўрайдилар. Айтинг: «Руҳ ёлғиз Парвардигорим биладиган ишлардандир». Сизларга жуда оз илм берилгандир. 1

— Alauddin Mansour

They ask you about "the spirit".1 Say: "The spirit descends by the command of my Lord, but you have been given only a little knowledge."

— Tafheem-ul-Quran - Abul Ala Maududi