• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One God

agorman

Premium Member
Why only One God?

Well it simplifies things. You would only dedicate yourself to worshipping one divine person. And maybe you wouldn't even need to maintain an altar and give offerings, since God has it all. Just ask, be open to receive and say thanks.

I tried that with the Tao, but I got few results. Maybe I have a conflict with Chinese culture.

I don't understand.

"The Tao that can be told of is not the eternal Tao". Read the Tao-Te-Ching by Lao Tzu. God is incomprehensible; that is, even if you manage to establish a good relationship with the Supreme Source of Everything, you won't be able to understand all of it as a simple human or even if you are a minor god. That's why those who affirm the Tao is impersonal are not saying the whole truth.

Life or energy seems connected and possessing an origin.

That would be the ultimate Source; the Tao or Brahman, etc.

It has to be just very complicated Solitaire.”
There is only one ocean but the drops think of themselves as separate from the ocean.

I don't like that way of thinking because it removes real love. Love occurs between two or more people. If I love a girlfriend for example, just because she is another manifestation of myself... I'm just loving myself, not a girlfriend; not another person! I think that philosophy is just a cheap way of inspiring empathy in people. So no Sir, I am a drop and you're a separate drop from me, the Source is separated from us drops and it's fine for me. I find playing cosmic solitaire as pathetic.

Except for the eternal damnation part, I like the following very much, the 5 differences: Dvaita Vedanta - Wikipedia

What is the most prevalent thing in all of existence ? The one thing that stands out in any and every known and unknown realm (reality) ?

Yin and Yang man! It's EVERYWHERE! Male-female, hot-cold, light-dark, decent people-politicians, etc.

"male" and "female" are PRINCIPLES......SPIRITUAL principles

Yes, that's close to what I was going to comment about yin-yang.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
In Orthodox Christianity, God is a trinity, so he isn't exactly one.
BUT in a few religions, God is absolute One. How is that possible? What are the characteristics of only One God? Why only One God?
You are talking of three being one. In Hinduism a thousand Gods are one, and a thousand Goddesses are one Goddess. God's characteristics depend on the devotee. Because as Lukethethird says, one God for every believer.

Ebionite

God is everything and not separate from anything. It has been said that He's "one without a second" because only God is real.

ye shall be holy; for I am holy
Leviticus 11:44

The word "holy" is a translation of qodesh, which means set apart. A being can't be set apart from others if he is the only being of that type (i.e immortal divine beings).

syo

... what? I mean, I get that some contemporary Pagans will Christianize aspects of Pagan theology (in part because it's difficult not to when you are raised in that cultural environment), but... what?
What?

The Ocean comes from Ocean-God.

syo

Where would be the fun in that? All-knowing, All-present, All-powerful I'd suspect would get to be pretty boring.

Why? Entertainment. One hugh virtuality reality simulation. Not that I know that but I can't imagine it'd be very entertaining as God. All of the drama, all of the struggle, all of the suffering. You don't get to partake in any of that as God.
Big Brother watching you? Haha!

One God. Period.

BUT in a few religions, God is absolute One. How is that possible? What are the characteristics of only One God? Why only One God?
Quran:

Surah Al-Ikhlas verse: 1-4

Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One,
Allah, the Eternal Refuge.
He neither begets nor is born,
Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

One God. Period.

You'll find the answers on your questions in de Quran if you read the following verses.
Surah Al-Maidah: verse 12-19

Again... I find it quite easy to understand.

Man is a trinity... spirit, soul and body - each with a different materiality and a different purpose but still one man. God is also a trinity but just one God.

Why just one? Maybe because only one could have started the process?
Please read the Quran starting from here;
Surah Al-Maidah: verse 73-...

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member

rational experiences

Veteran Member
One God

O Earth is one God angel....of the many multi God O angels that fell in the spatial cosmos, from out of the original body eternal...when no space existed.

They were sung up as a God O angel body, a self language, a self owned angel, a self owned entity ONE. Each O ancient God body O one body.

We live on O one planet of stone, one sealed dead entombed angel of God body.

Our God. O Earth, stone.

Stone owned no beginning for God O was not stone in its origin, it was an eternal angel....who died. And became stone.

If you want to destroy the angel of God O it is to remove its HOLY STONE body...that is entombed as the planet.

How we were taught this spiritual history.....and we are of the living God...as the spirits who came out of eternal only after the gas mass atmosphere had been put back into space....where the eternal had been removed and burnt.

So it returned as a lower body of spirits...and contacted the real eternal body.

And nature and animals and humans, all the embodied angel in the eternal, were sent out as cause and effect for changing the eternal body. So we became the inherited Nature angel who can claim, I am living my spiritual karma for having changed the eternal body.

How we explained our self presence as the Nature body who has endured the changes to spirit.

So we preach the ONE GOD O planet theme.....as our angel....our One O planet God angel. And spiritually humans have always taught in Natural life that God O the angel is our ancestor......lost to spirit history of burning. And became their own tomb. When released from the mass, you can see the images of those angel selves.

We know our angel is different from the other angels in space. O God the Earth.

We know some of those angels completely were destroyed, and their images in space prove that they were angels O held inside the body of mass.

nasa star images - Bing images

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One God. Period.

IF you want an omnipotent God THEN [he] must be unique.

Think about it. Not even an omnipotent God can occupy the same universe as another omnipotent God.

Of course, if the job application doesn't require omnipotence, you can have as many gods as you wish ─ something people tend to do, as a quick look at the world will confirm.

Reactions: syo

Ebionite

IF you want an omnipotent God THEN [he] must be unique.

Omnipotent?

And YHWH was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
Judges 1:19