• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One God: TheAlmighty Father, maker of all things

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I'll have to ignore your blindness about Jesus and all things having been created through, by means of Him.
In the last line of what you said:
Jesus is CREATING A PLACE for his subjects JUST AS the Father created a place for HIS.
It sounds like you are saying that Jesus became a god (probably by inheritance) and has subjects who worship Him just as the Father has subjects who worship Him. Is that sort of right?
I'm just trying to piece together your theology since you seem to want to keep it secret.
No!

JESUS said that he was going away to prepare a place for his disciples/apostles.

You read that and know the verse yourself. Trying to side-swerve isn’t a good look for you - and you do it so badly!

I gave you the reference verse and you decided that since you cannot refute it you would just ignore it…. Same old…, same old!!

God is spirit in a spirit realm. God created the world, which is completely limited environment governed by laws which we call physics. Our bodies as they are can only operate within the laws of such physics at this time and for good reason.

God desired to appoint a human Being who greatly emphasises His Godly ways in as perfect s way as is possible given the limitations of the flesh and the spirit which drives the flesh within such humans: to wit: a physical governor and ruled for a physical world: Again: Jesus ruling as king over this world … just as his Father rules over the spirit world…

Well, you did (or didn’t?) want to know that did (or didn’t) you?

Yes, Jesus will rule just as hd sees his Father ruling.

And note: Jesus’ ETERNAL rule is a future event in which he judges humanity and angels and decides which he wants in his kingdom… whence he WILL GIVE THEM EVERLASTING LIFE to those who satisfy his judgement.

Oh, there it is again: Jesus will give life … just as his Father gives life….

Hmmm… there’s a pattern merging here… do you see it?

Oh, here’s another: because Jesus will GIVE LIFE to his followers, Jesus SHALL BE CALLED “EVERLASTING FATHER”….!

Yeh! He will be the Head over all humanity. Guess what ‘Father’ means:
  • ‘He who gives life to…’
  • ‘He who brings into being…’
  • ‘He who is the Head of…’
Man was born to die: ‘For out of the ground you came and to it you will return: ashes for ashes - dust got dust’.

But the life Jesus will give will be EVERLASTING!!

Why? Because the life given to these raised up to eternal life will be SPIRIT BORN!! And spirit cannot DIE!

Wow! I feel like I’m giving a sermon to students - yet you are not a student!!!

Brian2

Veteran Member
JESUS said that he was going away to prepare a place for his disciples/apostles.

I presume this place being prepared would be New Jerusalem which comes down from heaven and in which God and the Lamb live and God is with His people.

I gave you the reference verse and you decided that since you cannot refute it you would just ignore it…. Same old…, same old!!

I could not see that anything needed refuting.

God desired to appoint a human Being who greatly emphasises His Godly ways in as perfect s way as is possible given the limitations of the flesh and the spirit which drives the flesh within such humans: to wit: a physical governor and ruled for a physical world: Again: Jesus ruling as king over this world … just as his Father rules over the spirit world…

God appointed His Son to be firstborn (Psalm 89:27) This means firstborn of creation (Col 1:15) and that means firstborn over the physical and spiritual realm, all things that have been created,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Jesus is ruler of all of it as Rev 3:14 tells us.
Jesus is after all the image of the invisible God. He is exactly like His Father. Actually He is good like His Father (and Jesus said that nobody is good except God-------so that means,,,,,,,,,,,)
Actually the OT tells us that nobody is like YHWH that we should compare them (Psalm 40:5 etc) But Jesus is exactly like His Father. Is that a contradiction or does it mean something else?

And note: Jesus’ ETERNAL rule is a future event in which he judges humanity and angels and decides which he wants in his kingdom… whence he WILL GIVE THEM EVERLASTING LIFE to those who satisfy his judgement.

I see that Jesus rules now since He said that all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Him (Matt 28:18,19) and since the one like a son of man who came with the clouds of heaven to the Ancient of Days was given an everlasting Kingdom and dominion. (Daniel 7:13,14)
Jesus IS Lord of all and rules God's Kingdom.

Oh, there it is again: Jesus will give life … just as his Father gives life….

Hmmm… there’s a pattern merging here… do you see it?

Yes, all things that the Father does the Son does and does it when He has been given the authority from the Father, and that is when He see the Father do it.
Jesus gives eternal life to a person when He knows the Father's will is to forgive a person.
Jesus created light when He saw it is was the Father's will to create it. etc

The whole of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit are involved in all of what God does.
The OT tells us that YHWH is coming to judge the earth (Ps 96:13 etc) and the NT tells us that only the Son is going to do the judging. (John 5)
The OT tells us that YHWH alone spread out the heavens (Isa 44:24) and the NT tells us that the heavens are the work of the Son (Heb 1:10)
The OT tells us that YHWH is our only saviour and the NT tells us that Jesus is our only saviour.
Either we have all these contradictions or the Son is also YHWH.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus Christ WILL raise the dead and give eternal life to those he deems worthy for his kingdom - At the end of time at the judgement seat.Jesus was granted to have life in him just as the Father does. Remember: first The Father does, then the son does… in that order!
So, it cannot be that the Father first created and then the Son created… there is no scripture that states that Jesus created at all...................
I never heard anyone think or say the Father created first, then the Son created, that is Not in the Bible.
The Creator (Revelation 4:11) created through His pre-human heavenly Son - Let " US " ........ - Genesis 1:26
KJV - Colossians 1:16; Ephesians 3:9. - Proverbs 8:30, 22 personification of pre-human Christ Jesus.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I presume this place being prepared would be New Jerusalem which comes down from heaven and in which God and the Lamb live and God is with His people.

I could not see that anything needed refuting.
God appointed His Son to be firstborn (Psalm 89:27) This means firstborn of creation (Col 1:15) and that means firstborn over the physical and spiritual realm, all things that have been created,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Jesus is ruler of all of it as Rev 3:14 tells us.
Jesus is after all the image of the invisible God. He is exactly like His Father. Actually He is good like His Father (and Jesus said that nobody is good except God-------so that means,,,,,,,,,,,)
Actually the OT tells us that nobody is like YHWH that we should compare them (Psalm 40:5 etc) But Jesus is exactly like His Father. Is that a contradiction or does it mean something else?
I see that Jesus rules now since He said that all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Him (Matt 28:18,19) and since the one like a son of man who came with the clouds of heaven to the Ancient of Days was given an everlasting Kingdom and dominion. (Daniel 7:13,14)
Jesus IS Lord of all and rules God's Kingdom.
Yes, all things that the Father does the Son does and does it when He has been given the authority from the Father, and that is when He see the Father do it.
Jesus gives eternal life to a person when He knows the Father's will is to forgive a person.
Jesus created light when He saw it is was the Father's will to create it. etc
The whole of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit are involved in all of what God does.
The OT tells us that YHWH is coming to judge the earth (Ps 96:13 etc) and the NT tells us that only the Son is going to do the judging. (John 5)
The OT tells us that YHWH alone spread out the heavens (Isa 44:24) and the NT tells us that the heavens are the work of the Son (Heb 1:10)
The OT tells us that YHWH is our only saviour and the NT tells us that Jesus is our only saviour.
Either we have all these contradictions or the Son is also YHWH.

It might be a good idea to keep in mind the GREAT SIZE of New Jerusalem which measures KJV 12,000 furlongs around (Revelation 21:16) thus its sides would be about 350 miles high extending into space.
New Jerusalem's has 'Jesus as its Chief Corner Stone' according to Ephesians 2:20.
So, Jesus nor his apostles (<-the 12 foundation stones) are a city, so they stand for a symbolic city.- Revelation 21:14
Thus, the 'city' comes down in the sense of giving attention to Earth for both physical and spiritual healing.- Revelation 22:1-2

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So are you saying that the Spirit of Truth did not live in the disciples of Jesus as John 14:17 tells us, and that the living water promised by Jesus (John 4:10) is not really living?
The spirit of truth comes from Jesus who believed that Scripture is religious truth - John 17:17; 1 John 2:27
The spirit of the world contradicts the spirit that is from God - 1 Corinthians 2:12
John 14:16-17 that another comforter(kjv) is: a helper. Gods' spirit "it" helps us - Psalms 104:30
It can create in us the spirit of biblical truth to help us - Matthew 10:19-20.
For religious truth is the free gift from God - John 4:10 - God's gift - Ephesians 2:8

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
  • The Son is Of God / The Son is From the Father
  • The Holy Spirit is Of God … From the Father
  • The Father is OF God? …
‘Interesting…!’ Very Yes, it is!

Jesus (as pointed out by URAVIP2ME) attributes the creation of all things to God (Rev 4:11).
May I ask what your point is?

Brian2

Veteran Member
It might be a good idea to keep in mind the GREAT SIZE of New Jerusalem which measures KJV 12,000 furlongs around (Revelation 21:16) thus its sides would be about 350 miles high extending into space.
New Jerusalem's has 'Jesus as its Chief Corner Stone' according to Ephesians 2:20.
So, Jesus nor his apostles (<-the 12 foundation stones) are a city, so they stand for a symbolic city.- Revelation 21:14
Thus, the 'city' comes down in the sense of giving attention to Earth for both physical and spiritual healing.- Revelation 22:1-2

I can see the New Jerusalem being symbolic for the Church but when it says the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven, I don't see why that would be symbolic.
There is nothing in the Bible about the Church spending eternity in heaven. That is a JW idea based on another JW idea that the 144000 is a literal number and that they are all invisible spirits who live in heaven for ever.
These are JW theories but the Bible does not tell us that. If you think it does, then where does it say that?
Psalm 132:13 For the LORD has chosen Zion; He has desired it for His home: 14 This is My resting place forever and ever; here I will dwell, for I have desired this home.
God will be in Jerusalem on earth forever.

Eph 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22 In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.

God will dwell in the Church.

Hebrews 11:9 By faith he dwelt in the promised land as a stranger in a foreign country. He lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

Abraham will be in this city on earth.

Luke 13:28There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves are thrown out.
Matthew 8:11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west to share the banquet with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

Heb 12:22 Instead, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to myriads of angels 23 in joyful assembly, to the congregation of the firstborn, enrolled in heaven. You have come to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

The "spirits of the righteous made perfect" includes Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
(not to mention that it is their spirits that are made perfect)
They are enrolled in heaven, that is where the enrolment book is, it does not mean they are going to live there forever.
BUT they do come down out of heaven (Rev 3:12 etc)

Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Brian2

Veteran Member
The spirit of truth comes from Jesus who believed that Scripture is religious truth - John 17:17; 1 John 2:27
The spirit of the world contradicts the spirit that is from God - 1 Corinthians 2:12
John 14:16-17 that another comforter(kjv) is: a helper. Gods' spirit "it" helps us - Psalms 104:30
It can create in us the spirit of biblical truth to help us - Matthew 10:19-20.
For religious truth is the free gift from God - John 4:10 - God's gift - Ephesians 2:8

And the Spirit of Truth, the Comforter, the Holy Spirit lived in Jesus disciples (John 14:17) and the living water (Holy Spirit) that Jesus gives is living. (John 10:4)
Do you believe those things?

Soapy

May I ask what your point is?
Understanding is not your strong point, is it?

Or are you genuinely asking for clarification?

I like people asking questions (if they are relatable to what has been stated!)

Jesus told parables and many heaters were amused or lacklustre in interest. Those that truly knew there was much deeper meaning to these parable came to Jesus afterwards and asked for clarification. Jesus spoke this way to show up who had understand (and desired fuller knowledge) and those who were not worth dealing with (Matthew 17:19 & 13:10-11)

Soapy

I never heard anyone think or say the Father created first, then the Son created, that is Not in the Bible.
The Creator (Revelation 4:11) created through His pre-human heavenly Son - Let " US " ........ - Genesis 1:26
KJV - Colossians 1:16; Ephesians 3:9. - Proverbs 8:30, 22 personification of pre-human Christ Jesus.
You want to talk to Brian2 about that. It’s what he says. Check back the posts he set out earlier in the thread.

My response was that Jesus will ‘create the lace got his elect’: ‘I am going away, and if I go away I will prepare a place for you!’.

Brian2

Veteran Member
You want to talk to Brian2 about that. It’s what he says. Check back the posts he set out earlier in the thread.

My response was that Jesus will ‘create the lace got his elect’: ‘I am going away, and if I go away I will prepare a place for you!’.

John 14:1“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe in Me as well. 2In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am.…

Jesus just went to decorate some rooms, not to build the whole house.

Soapy

John 14:1“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe in Me as well. 2In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am.…

Now you have stooped to facetiousness.

Such ways are due to desperation. Belittling the work of the son of God to try to uphold the non-upholdable: Sad.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.......My response was that Jesus will ‘create the lace got his elect’: ‘I am going away, and if I go away I will prepare a place for you!’.

I find the 'you' Jesus was speaking about are those who have that first or earlier resurrection - Revelation 20:6.
They will govern with Jesus for a thousand years over Earth, earthly subjects of God's Kingdom - Revelation 5:9-10.
When Jesus has earthly subjects, earthly citizens from one end of earth to the other end - Psalms 72:8,12-14.
Earthly people, the humble meek who will inherit (Not Heaven) but inherit the Earth - Psalms 37:9-11; Matt. 5:5.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I find the 'you' Jesus was speaking about are those who have that first or earlier resurrection - Revelation 20:6.
They will govern with Jesus for a thousand years over Earth, earthly subjects of God's Kingdom - Revelation 5:9-10.
When Jesus has earthly subjects, earthly citizens from one end of earth to the other end - Psalms 72:8,12-14.
Earthly people, the humble meek who will inherit (Not Heaven) but inherit the Earth - Psalms 37:9-11; Matt. 5:5.

Who is living on the earth in the 1000 years if the 2nd resurrection does not happen till after the 1000 years?
How are those raised after the 1000 years supposed to show righteousness or not and so be judged for their works that they do after their resurrection?

Soapy

I don’t disagree here.

The difference between ‘Heaven’ and ‘Paradise’ is lost in the vast majority of Christendom. This is why Christendom believe things like ‘Pets go to Heaven’ and teach their children in circumstances of solace that, for instance, ‘Granny is sleeping in Heaven’…

When I ask why they use such fruitless and crass words of ‘comfort’ towards the innocents, I get abused !!

No! I would dad rather teach the innocent the truth. As it is, these innocents are being persuaded in the ways of devildom dressed up as sympathy and comfort! This leads to beliefs in such things as ‘Seances, Ghosts, oujie boards, palmistry, spiritism, etc’ (liaising and conversing with the dead!) All devilry!

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And the Spirit of Truth, the Comforter, the Holy Spirit lived in Jesus disciples (John 14:17) and the living water (Holy Spirit) that Jesus gives is living. (John 10:4) Do you believe those things?

God's spirit (Psalms 104:30) is the helper that God sends forth.
I find often in the Bible that personification does Not have to mean or prove to be a person.
(John 14:16; John 14:26; John 15:26; John 16:7-15 )
Even wisdom is personalized and we know wisdom is Not a person.
Nor is 'personalized sin' a person - Romans 7:8-11
The 'spirit of truth ' (Scripture) since Pentecost is the helper/comforter for the disciples and for us - John 14:14; 16-17.
Jesus taught that Scripture is ' religious truth ' - John 17:17.
Holy spirit gives increased understanding of God's Will, His purpose for mankind.
( Acts 1:4-5; Acts 2:1-11; 1 Corinthians 2:10-16; Colossians 1:9-10; Hebrews 9:8-10 )
God's spirit gives the power to preach - Luke 24:49; Ephesians 3:5-6; Acts of the Apostles 1:8
As we know a person can Not be poured out, but God's spirit was poured out at the time of Acts of the Apostles 2:33

As John 10:4 says Jesus' sheep know his voice thus they listen and follow Jesus' words - John 10:27
And 'yes' living water from Jesus ( John 4:10; John 7:37-38; John 6:35 B; Revelation 22:17; Revelation 22:1-2 )
Jesus gives that ' water ' of life ( eternal life ) - Revelation 7:17.
Some to eternal life in heaven - Revelation 20:6; Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 2:10 - who will serve with Jesus for a thousand years as kings and priests over earthly subjects, earthly citizens - Psalms 72:8; 12-14.
The humble meek people who will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised from Psalms 37:9-11; Matthew 5:5.
A healthy Earth Not only flowing with water but with milk and honey - Isaiah chapter 35.

Soapy

Before a Jewish betrothed man weds his rude-to-be, he first prepares a place for them.

Is it not that that man BUILDS A HOUSE for his bride ON his fathers land:
  • In my fathers kingdom there is much space - I go to prepare a house for you. And if I prepare a place for you I will be back to welcome you into that house so you will be where I am.

Brian2

Veteran Member
God's spirit (Psalms 104:30) is the helper that God sends forth.
I find often in the Bible that personification does Not have to mean or prove to be a person.
(John 14:16; John 14:26; John 15:26; John 16:7-15 )
Even wisdom is personalized and we know wisdom is Not a person.
Nor is 'personalized sin' a person - Romans 7:8-11
The 'spirit of truth ' (Scripture) since Pentecost is the helper/comforter for the disciples and for us - John 14:14; 16-17.
Jesus taught that Scripture is ' religious truth ' - John 17:17.
Holy spirit gives increased understanding of God's Will, His purpose for mankind.
( Acts 1:4-5; Acts 2:1-11; 1 Corinthians 2:10-16; Colossians 1:9-10; Hebrews 9:8-10 )
God's spirit gives the power to preach - Luke 24:49; Ephesians 3:5-6; Acts of the Apostles 1:8
As we know a person can Not be poured out, but God's spirit was poured out at the time of Acts of the Apostles 2:33

As John 10:4 says Jesus' sheep know his voice thus they listen and follow Jesus' words - John 10:27
And 'yes' living water from Jesus ( John 4:10; John 7:37-38; John 6:35 B; Revelation 22:17; Revelation 22:1-2 )
Jesus gives that ' water ' of life ( eternal life ) - Revelation 7:17.
Some to eternal life in heaven - Revelation 20:6; Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 2:10 - who will serve with Jesus for a thousand years as kings and priests over earthly subjects, earthly citizens - Psalms 72:8; 12-14.
The humble meek people who will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised from Psalms 37:9-11; Matthew 5:5.
A healthy Earth Not only flowing with water but with milk and honey - Isaiah chapter 35.

That seems to be a good answer even though it went off track at times.
I still believe that the Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spirit is given to all believers and actually lives in them forever.
John 14:15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Jesus promised to come to believers also and be in them.
John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

The Father also is promised to those who love Him and keep His commandments.
John 14:22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”
23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

So the Father and Son and Holy Spirit come and live in a believer, they make their home in a Christian.
John 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

The Son is in the Father and Christians are in the Son and the Son is in us.
How is the Son in us? By His Spirit, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit who is called the Lord and called God. It is the same way the Father also dwells in us (makes His home in us)
2Cor 3:17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Acts 5:3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and withhold some of the proceeds from the land? 4Did it not belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? How could you conceive such a deed in your heart? You have not lied to men, but to God!”…

As a JW who does not believe he has the Holy Spirit because you are not part of the 144000, you should take note of John 14:23 and the word I have high lighted above.
If you believe that word then you will see that Satan has scammed you.

Soapy

If you believe that word then you will see that Satan has scammed you.
These words are true also to you, Brian2. You have twisted some themes in the text you just presented to URAVIPE2ME.

The spirit of Christ is a REFLECTION of the spirit of God. The spirit of God (the Father) is NOT ‘THE Spirit’ of Christ. There is only one spirit of God … by doing the Will of God, the spirit of the Jesus mirrors the Will of God… and therefore if we do the Will of God then our spirit, too, will mirror the spirit of God… and thus mirror the spirit of Jesus.

But you make it out that the spirit is a single ENTITY spirit which is in both God and Jesus…. And would therefore be in us…. I bet you didn’t think past Jesus to think that if the spirit of God in Jesus and God and is then that would make us God, too… by your false ideology!!

Please check back what you claim and see that this is what you didn’t realise you were saying - All who try to master fakery will put themselves in the position you just did - the position of contradicting yourself and calling God and Jesus ‘false speakers and false promise makers’.

Lying to God IS lying to the SPIRIT of God because The spirit of God IS TRUTH.

Of you lie about a truth then you are most definitely LYING TO GOD.

That is why it is said that you should not GREIVE the spirit of God: Do not GRIEVE THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH because the Spirit of truth is the Spirit of God!

Can you see the word ‘OF’? It is a possessive word. It most certainly does not mean that something that is OF another IS that thing if is possessed from.

The spirit is the property of God. It therefore cannot BE GOD that possesses it.

If a person lies to the FACE (spirit) OF BRIAN2 (God), you would have to say then that Brian2’s (God’s) FACE (spirit) is ANOTHER BRIAN2 (God).
But your FACE is not YOU, it is but a facet (excuse the pun) OF you!!