• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One God: TheAlmighty Father, maker of all things

Brian2

Veteran Member
Jesus is the word of God.

Yes, Jesus is the word of God… The word God gave to Jesus is what Jesus speaks… so, yes, Jesus speaks God’s word…. Just as a good emissary speaks the words of the king who gave him the words to speak:
  • ‘The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me.” (John 14:10)
‘The words” spoken by Jesus ARE NOT HIS… but those given to him BY GOD…. Just as the a good emissary speaks only the words given to him by his king.

The emissary is not the king but he speaks only the works of the king.

Jesus is not God (who gave him the words) but he speaks the words of God (who gave him the word)

The spirit of Jesus mimics the spirit of God. It is aligned with God’s own spirit and so as mankind we can also align our spirit with that of Jesus…

While Jesus was on earth the disciples basked in the spirit of Jesus which acted as a shield around them.
When Jesus was taken up to Heaven Jesus’ shield was removed until the promise of the Father - the Father!s Holy Spirit - was given to them. That is why Jesus told them:
  • ““And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven.” (Luke 24:29)
The Holy Spirit is from the Father; YHWH; God. God is in Jesus when the spirit of God is in him. And when the spirit of God is in us then both God and Jesus are in us, too… via THEIR spiritS: Jesus’ spirit is shielded in God’s spirit; and the believers spirit is shielded in Jesus’ spirit - which is shielded in God’s spirit.

Going back: The words Jesus speak are shielded in truth. But Jesus says they are not ‘his words’.,, Whose words are they, then?

Jesus did not make up those words, His authority came from His Father, God in heaven.
Nevertheless there is just one Spirit (Eph 4:4) and you want there to be more than one Spirit.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Jesus did not make up those words, His authority came from His Father, God in heaven.
Nevertheless there is just one Spirit (Eph 4:4) and you want there to be more than one Spirit.
Brian2, you are weakening as the truth hits you!!!

Trickster!! There is still much devilry in your words. I did not say, and am not saying, that there are TWO Spirits of God. I said that there is ONE SPIRIT which is God’s Holy Spirit, and there is JESUS’ spirit that ALIGNS WITH God’s Spirit.

That is why JESUS’ spirit faultered on that last night wherein Jesus sweated blood at the full realisation of his coming death - and whether God, indeed, could resurrect him. If Jesus’s and God’s spirit were the ONE SAME spirit then he could not have faultered! And further, at the point of his death, Jesus spoke of surrendering HIS SPIRIT to God:
  • “Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.” (Luke 23:46)
—————————-
Yes, Jesus is EXPRESSES the word of God. Yes, Brian2, that’s exactly what it means to be “Word of God”.

Thos shows that Jesus IS NOT GOD but only(!), like the emissary, speaks the words given to him by the God (by the king). He utters the words IN THE NAME OF HIS GOD AND KING.
  • “For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.” (John 3:34)
Whom did God send - who but Jesus!

To whom did God give his words - who but Jesus!

To whom did God give His Spirit in fullness - who but Jesus!

Before the anointing, Jesus was ‘Jesus’. After the anointing, Jesus is ‘CHRIST Jesus’.

Brian2, what was the purpose of an anointing… anointing with the spirit of God?

Brian2, what is the meaning of the title, ‘Christ’?

How do these two words relate to Jesus?
(Hint:
  • It is the spirit of God that sanctified (set apart) Jesus. God anojnted jesus WITH His holy spirit. And, in doing so, set Jesus apart as His very own:
    • “And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.” (Mark 1:11)
    • “In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.” (Hebrews 5:5)

• “Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.” (Acts 2:36)
  • “You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached—how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.“ (Acts 10:37-38)
  • “what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?” (John 10:36)

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member
Brian2, you are weakening as the truth hits you!!!

Trickster!! There is still much devilry in your words. I did not say, and am not saying, that there are TWO Spirits of God. I said that there is ONE SPIRIT which is God’s Holy Spirit, and there is JESUS’ spirit that ALIGNS WITH God’s Spirit.

There is one Spirit (Eph 4:4) which we receive and that is the Spirit of God, which is also the Spirit of Christ.

That is why JESUS’ spirit faultered on that last night wherein Jesus sweated blood at the full realisation of his coming death - and whether God, indeed, could resurrect him. If Jesus’s and God’s spirit were the ONE SAME spirit then he could not have faultered! And further, at the point of his death, Jesus spoke of surrendering HIS SPIRIT to God:
  • “Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.” (Luke 23:46)
Jesus did not falter in Gethsemane, He was a man being confronted with the prospect of torture and asking God to go a different path is possible.
Also as a man He has a human Spirit which He committed to His Father at His death. That Spirit is imo, what came down from heaven to become a man.
—————————-
Yes, Jesus is EXPRESSES the word of God. Yes, Brian2, that’s exactly what it means to be “Word of God”.

Thos shows that Jesus IS NOT GOD but only(!), like the emissary, speaks the words given to him by the God (by the king). He utters the words IN THE NAME OF HIS GOD AND KING.
  • “For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.” (John 3:34)
Whom did God send - who but Jesus!

To whom did God give his words - who but Jesus!

To whom did God give His Spirit in fullness - who but Jesus!

People who deny the divinity of Jesus seem to have a problem understanding the Sonship of Jesus and what that means in His relationship with His Father.
They also seem to have a problem understanding the Son having become a servant, a man, and what that means also.

Before the anointing, Jesus was ‘Jesus’. After the anointing, Jesus is ‘CHRIST Jesus’.

Brian2, what was the purpose of an anointing… anointing with the spirit of God?

Brian2, what is the meaning of the title, ‘Christ’?

How do these two words relate to Jesus?
(Hint:
  • It is the spirit of God that sanctified (set apart) Jesus. God anojnted jesus WITH His holy spirit. And, in doing so, set Jesus apart as His very own:
    • “And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.” (Mark 1:11)
    • “In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.” (Hebrews 5:5)
Jesus the servant man did not take those things that were His but waited to be given them, which His Father has done in honoring Him.
  • “Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.” (Acts 2:36)
  • “You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached—how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.“ (Acts 10:37-38)
  • “what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?” (John 10:36)

The Son was the Son before being sent to earth by His Father.
Do you think He became the Son because He was begotten by God in Mary? When do you think this happened?
He was also the Christ and the Lord when He came to earth from heaven.
Luke 2:11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
He resurrection from the dead however is how God proclaimed to the world that Jesus was Christ and Lord.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
There is one Spirit (Eph 4:4) which we receive and that is the Spirit of God, which is also the Spirit of Christ.

Jesus did not falter in Gethsemane, He was a man being confronted with the prospect of torture and asking God to go a different path is possible.
Also as a man He has a human Spirit which He committed to His Father at His death. That Spirit is imo, what came down from heaven to become a man.
—————————-

People who deny the divinity of Jesus seem to have a problem understanding the Sonship of Jesus and what that means in His relationship with His Father.
They also seem to have a problem understanding the Son having become a servant, a man, and what that means also.

The Son was the Son before being sent to earth by His Father.
Do you think He became the Son because He was begotten by God in Mary? When do you think this happened?
He was also the Christ and the Lord when He came to earth from heaven.
Luke 2:11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
He resurrection from the dead however is how God proclaimed to the world that Jesus was Christ and Lord.
There are many that Satan loves. They are his Sons because they do the world of Satan.

Oh, and I see you didn’t answer the questions about the meaning of ‘Christ/Messiah’ nor what if mesns you be ‘Anointed’.

Was there a reason why you didn’t answer to those questions?