• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One America News Might Become Kaput

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OAN has been a leading purveyor of Trump propaganda,
anti-vax propaganda, & Covid 19 conspiracy theories.
I've found it fascinating to watch their news coverage.

DirecTV loss could cripple rightwing One America News
Excerpted...
WASHINGTON, Jan 15 (Reuters) - The largest satellite provider in the United States said late Friday it will drop One America News, a move that could financially cripple the rightwing TV network known for fueling conspiracy theories about the 2020 election.

The announcement by DirecTV, which is 70% owned by AT&T, comes three months after a Reuters investigation revealed that OAN's founder testified that AT&T inspired him to create the network. Court testimony also showed that OAN receives nearly all of its revenue from DirecTV.

To read the Reuters report, click here: Special Report: How AT&T helped build far-right One America News

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The AT&T connection gives a serious propaganda boost to anti-capitalists.
Everything is bias confirmation to anti-capitalists.
I'll bet they even see OAN's demise as proof of
the need for government to preserve their freedom
of speech.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
OAN has been a leading purveyor of Trump propaganda,
anti-vax propaganda, & Covid 19 conspiracy theories.
I've found it fascinating to watch their news coverage.

DirecTV loss could cripple rightwing One America News
Excerpted...
WASHINGTON, Jan 15 (Reuters) - The largest satellite provider in the United States said late Friday it will drop One America News, a move that could financially cripple the rightwing TV network known for fueling conspiracy theories about the 2020 election.

The announcement by DirecTV, which is 70% owned by AT&T, comes three months after a Reuters investigation revealed that OAN's founder testified that AT&T inspired him to create the network. Court testimony also showed that OAN receives nearly all of its revenue from DirecTV.

To read the Reuters report, click here: Special Report: How AT&T helped build far-right One America News
But people like their conspiracies and propaganda!

On the other hand who really cares?

Like Direct TV is the epitome of stellar media anyways.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
At least it wasn't Sprint. Goodness knows what kind of news network might have resulted.

Twilight Hue

FOX is facing lawsuits from Dominion with a potential 1.6 billion penalty. What is odd is that Carlson and Hannity are still going strong with disinformation about important issues in the nation.
They can say whatever they want.

It's your responsibility to decide for yourself.

F1fan

Veteran Member
They can say whatever they want.

It's your responsibility to decide for yourself.
FOX has a terrible reputation as a media outlet. I've seen FOX and I have decided it is trash.

And there are still libel and slander laws that people have to be accountable for if they cross lines, especially if they supposedly have a public trust to report news.

Twilight Hue

FOX has a terrible reputation as a media outlet. I've seen FOX and I have decided it is trash.

And there are still libel and slander laws that people have to be accountable for if they cross lines, especially if they supposedly have a public trust to report news.
I agree actually, but fox has a middle reputation.

It's not always good reporting, but it's not always that bad either.