• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Once again no comment from Obama as an Egyptian church is bombed at Christmas... why so minimal?

whirlingmerc

Why is the Obama administration so minimalistic regarding religious persecution and particularly of Christians (He claims to be one, after all as does Hillary)

see reporting at:
Cairo church bombing kills 25, raises fears among Christians

One of the reasons I seriously doubt either Obama or Clinton are Christians is the minimalistic response to terrorism even as churches were bombed at Easter or Christmas in parts of the middle east' There was a long history of such in the middle east with Obama rarely and minimalistically speaking to issues of persecution of non muslim minorities in the middle east which rose during his years.... so... why is that?

whirlingmerc

The church that was bombed was the church the Coptic Pope is at, it's like attacking the Vatican
I find it odd that Obama didn't condemn the act... but.... 'there he goes again'... to paraphrase Reagan

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The church that was bombed was the church the Coptic Pope is at, it's like attacking the Vatican
I find it odd that Obama didn't condemn the act... but.... 'there he goes again'... to paraphrase Reagan
Is there any particular reason why he should speak on a matter that clearly does not relate to his duties?

whirlingmerc

Foreign policy and human rights aren't part of his duties? The fact is Obama does speak out on international issues... it's just that he cherry picks his issues so oddly .... ignoring many human rights issues in the large,

Whether he is a muslim or not I don't know... but his policies and what he speaks out about don't seem consistent with being a Christian. Seems some type of eclectic views duct taped together with post modernism and core values aren't the right word for views that change from group to group he addresses or year to year.

Last edited:

whirlingmerc

My view is that Obama appears willing to throw his weight around about settlements in Israel in a not very helpful way ... and then goes hush hush when non muslim minorities are blown up on Christmas.... strikes me as more than odd.

The not appearing to take sides by not voting is a long held strategy of Obama going back to his days in Illinois when he would vote 'present' to abortion issues as part of a strategy of not being identified as pro abortion. Similar here. Silence is not neutral but gives an illusion of neutrality.

Shad

Veteran Member
Foreign policy and human rights aren't part of his duties? The fact is Obama does speak out on international issues... it's just that he cherry picks his issues so oddly .... ignoring many human rights issues in the large,

Considering America's track record which has repeatedly ignored it's own, and allies, violation of human rights for the sake of foreign policy... No... He is doing nothing different than Presidents before him.

Whether he is a muslim or not I don't know... but his policies and what he speaks out about don't seem consistent with being a Christian.

He is trying to be unoffensive as possible as a leader of a secular nation-state. Sadly for some people they find the idea someone not being zealots like themselves to be offensive.

Seems some type of eclectic views duct taped together with post modernism and core values aren't the right word for views that change from group to group he addresses or year to year.

Yes it is called compromise. It is the basis of the government. Heard of it? People are capable of change, heard of it? By your stance I should treat American Evangelicals as racist bigots due to their views in the past and deny not only that this stance has change but that Evangelicals are capable of change.. Your points are absurd

habiru

My view is that Obama appears willing to throw his weight around about settlements in Israel in a not very helpful way ... and then goes hush hush when non muslim minorities are blown up on Christmas.... strikes me as more than odd.

The not appearing to take sides by not voting is a long held strategy of Obama going back to his days in Illinois when he would vote 'present' to abortion issues as part of a strategy of not being identified as pro abortion. Similar here. Silence is not neutral but gives an illusion of neutrality.

Of course everyone should know that Obama is pro abortion as the same way Hillary is for it.. Who does not know it? But they are trying their best to see that the Media like FOX NEWS and so on.., Are destroy for not posting what they wanted the public to hear only. These devils doesn't understand that you cannot keep nothing for so long in the dark without being expose to the light.

“When he was in the Illinois state Senate, Barack Obama voted to deny basic Constitutional protections for babies born alive from an abortion — not once, but four times. I know it’s by the grace of God that I’m alive today, if only to ask America this question: Is this the kind of leadership that will lead us forward — that would discard the weakest among us?” Did Obama deny rights to infants who survive abortion?

14c3feeae8.gif

omega2xx

Is there any particular reason why he should speak on a matter that clearly does not relate to his duties?

That is hilarious, as if he should not do anything that is not his official duties. Is golf one of his official duties.

If he is a Christian as he claims, it is his Christian duty to speak against it. If was a mosque that was bombed, he certainly would have.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That is hilarious, as if he should not do anything that is not his official duties. Is golf one of his official duties.
I don't remember the Egyptian governments response to #BLM instigating the Dallas police shootings. You know why?
Because it's none of their business and their opinions don't matter to me.
Same with Obama and a violent tragedy in Egypt. None of his business and Egyptians don't care about his opinion on the subject.
Tom

habiru

I don't remember the Egyptian governments response to #BLM instigating the Dallas police shootings. You know why?
Because it's none of their business and their opinions don't matter to me.
Same with Obama and a violent tragedy in Egypt. None of his business and Egyptians don't care about his opinion on the subject.
Tom
Then why are they involving themselves with the Israelis and Palestinians affairs? It is not our business. Why did we involved ourselves in the Iraqis and the Kuwaitis affairs as well? Iraq had the right to take back their land that an corrupted government had sold it to a rich cat. It was the Iraqis' land in the first place. That is like as if Obama decided to sell off California to the Saudis.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Then why are they involving themselves with the Israelis and Palestinians affairs? It is not our business.
I agree. The USA government should stop getting involved in the Middle East.
But Obama can't just say "No more money for the Israeli military" and "No more vetoes in the UN" without a hellstorm of Zionists screaming ANTISEMITISM! at the top of their lungs.
This would be proof to the people who hate Obama that he is a Muslim.
Several of them post here on RF.
I think you are one, myself. No matter what Obama does it's wrong.
Tom

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why is the Obama administration so minimalistic regarding religious persecution and particularly of Christians (He claims to be one, after all as does Hillary)...

One of the reasons I seriously doubt either Obama or Clinton are Christians is the minimalistic response to terrorism even as churches were bombed at Easter or Christmas in parts of the middle east'
It is just this kind of pathetic bigotry that repulses me-- yours, not theirs. Anyone who does not believe that both Obama and Clinton aren't bothered by the attacks on people and religion is oblivious to what their background entailed, what they have said in the past on many occasions, and where they're coming from on how people have been and still are persecuted worldwide.

What moronic and judgmental trash you post.

Notanumber

A Free Man

It did not stop him from coming over to the UK and speaking about Brexit and telling us that we would be at the back of the queue for trade deals.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It did not stop him from coming over to the UK and speaking about Brexit and telling us that we would be at the back of the queue for trade deals.
And your point is...?

Are you people truly complaining that the POTUS does not share your priorities and goals?

People can have minds of their own, you know.