• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On what ethics has to do with rules, and why it must transcend rules

dianaiad

That does not have any convincing factual basis, so it just doesn't stick.

What....are you actually claiming that the Dems did NOT contest the 2000 election due to 'hanging chads' in Florida, or that they have been calling for Trump's impeachment since the day after he was elected, 3 months before he actually took office?

Because...and this isn't about extremists who called for impeachment and didn't actually have the power to do it, such as the idiots who wanted to impeach Obama for not being born in the USA (he was) or ...what were the other two? I forget.

THIS is about official calls by the likes of Elizabeth Warren in Dec. 2016, (and earlier) along with several fellow Democratic Senators.

Does it 'stick' now?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Except, of course, that they didn't.
Except they did. Starting with insisting that he couldn't hold office because he wasn't a US citizen. Certainly, not all Republicans, but few that didn't deny his citizenship put out much effort to counter the nonsense.

In fact, since I became politically aware back in the 70s, there hasn't been a President who, once elected, was not almost immediately accused of high crimes and misdemeanors--or general incompetence--by the opposition party, and calls were made for impeachment

dianaiad

Except they did. Starting with insisting that he couldn't hold office because he wasn't a US citizen. Certainly, not all Republicans, but few that didn't deny his citizenship put out much effort to counter the nonsense.

In fact, since I became politically aware back in the 70s, there hasn't been a President who, once elected, was not almost immediately accused of high crimes and misdemeanors--or general incompetence--by the opposition party, and calls were made for impeachment

Actually, except for those idiot 'birthers', I don't know of any who were so attacked as soon as the election was over.

I'll give you the bit about extremists going after presidents and president elects, but they WERE extremists. In Trump's case, it has been the mainstream Democrats. Did you miss WHO was calling for it two months before he took office?

It wasn't the extremists...unless you consider all Democrats to be extremely left wing biased.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What....are you actually claiming that the Dems did NOT contest the 2000 election due to 'hanging chads' in Florida, or that they have been calling for Trump's impeachment since the day after he was elected, 3 months before he actually took office?

Of course I am not.

I am just pointing out that there are people with functional brains among the Democrats.

Because...and this isn't about extremists who called for impeachment and didn't actually have the power to do it, such as the idiots who wanted to impeach Obama for not being born in the USA (he was) or ...what were the other two? I forget.

THIS is about official calls by the likes of Elizabeth Warren in Dec. 2016, (and earlier) along with several fellow Democratic Senators.

Does it 'stick' now?
Precisely. It does not stick, because it is so schizo.

I do admire the imagination, though.