• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On the nature of the Confederacy, the American Civil War, and Slavery

Good-Ole-Rebel

You have not presented any additional information, only your and Jefferson Davis's personal opinions. Despite my asking you over the last five pages, you still haven't shown any source to support your claims.

You also refused to recognize any of my evidence as valid, insisted on the most spurious arguments in the face of evidence to the contrary, and kept insulting me throughout all of that, as if respect and politeness is something you are entitled to but others must beg off your hands.

And now you're playing the victim, after another round of thoroughly insulting me.

It's drained all desire from me to engage with this subject. I went into this discussion hoping to learn something, and instead, I just got insulted by someone who gets offended when I say that race based slavery was based on racism.

So, congratulations. You win. I will leave this debate.

Also, I am putting you on ignore. Please do not attempt to talk to me ever again.

I have cited many sources other than Jeff Davis.

You have only given the secession declarations of a few states as evidence. And, as I said, you ignore the parts in those declarations that state that it is in violation of their Constitutional rights that are being attacked.

I'm not playing any victim. I'm just saying you have tunnel vision. You see slavery and nothing else.

What you really said, post (14), was that the 'preservation of slavery was the primary motivation for the South to go to war'. You now say 'race based slavery was based on racism'. To which much was addressed also.

I would like to believe your intent was to learn. I am not convinced.

I myself don't mind ignoring people, but I don't put people on ignore.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Last edited: