• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On the brutal murder of the homeless man...

Bishka

Veteran Member
evearael said:
Read the email that was sent to Gabe and comment.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/
What do you do with a child like that?

Wow...that was an intense and emotional reply. I absolutley agree with her on the video game part -- it's not the video games that 'make' a person do anything.

I'm not sure what I would do with that child.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I'm sick to my stomach. I hope his brother goes on to make lots of money and put his good-for-nothing sibling to shame.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
God, and my parents thought my cousin was bad for lighting pipe bombs at a courthouse lawn.
It's also a shame they didn't send him to juvy. (Prior to this event.)

kateyes

I read the original CNN story and thought about posting questions/comments. This is clearly one very smart very sick young man. He figured out very early on how to manipulate everyone (inlcuding the system) to his advantage. You can argue nurture vs nature, you can argue it was a bid for attention from anyone/everyone, you could argue it was the result of a broken home---the sad truth is while any or all of those could be contributing factors--this kid is just very very sick--putting him in prison isn't going to make him any better--and I think in 15 years (or less) the world had better watch out--because if he was bad before--there is nothing he is going to learn in prison that is going to make him any better.

evearael

You should really read the email... it's from the father's girlfriend. He seems to be a complete sociopath (APD) and there isn't much out there in the way of treatment.