• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On that Note, JWs I have a question for you

Another thing that the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses chooses to bbelieve is that THEY are the faithful and discreet slave. Scripture does not identify who it is. In fact, it remains a question.

Jesus says "not one word of mine will pass away" but the governing body have done away with Jesus' word "WHO?" Haven't they?
Why would this be a stumbling block? What does this have to do with YOUR faith?

Another thing that the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses chooses to bbelieve is that THEY are the faithful and discreet slave. Scripture does not identify who it is. In fact, it remains a question.

Jesus says "not one word of mine will pass away" but the governing body have done away with Jesus' word "WHO?" Haven't they?
I do not allow others to be masters over my faith (see 2 Corinthians 1:24). Therefore, I don't get hung up on these minor things.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Bible doesn't explicitly say "everyone before Jesus will be resurrected to the Earth, everyone after Jesus has an opportunity to go to Heaven". Deductive reasoning is required.
The reasoning of men required. What if they are wrong? If they are they judge themselves unworthy to receive Jehovah's blessing of everlasting life. It is their own rule. With what judgement you are judging you will be judged.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do not allow others to be masters over my faith (see 2 Corinthians 1:24). Therefore, I don't get hung up on these minor things.
WHAT? Haha. Minor things??? You say "those who choose to believe error are goats". Did you not say that?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes, "minor things", those which have nothing to do with MY PERSONAL relationship with God
When you choose to believe a lie you give up the opportunity to gain everlasting life. This applies to people of Babylon the Great. Does it apply also to JWs?
When you choose to believe anything that isn't true it is personal. But when you teach it you become a liar and liars won't inherit God's Kingdom. Correct?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your comments have a ring of bitterness...one that comes with something personal.
To know there exist people who can accept opposite opinions and trust they are both true is a scary thing to behold. Is my fright showing? Well, then, you are perceptive.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is a "minor thing" according to the funny man to believe the governing body leads for Jesus Christ. Even though there are hundreds of scriptures which say beware you are not deceived. I shall look them up. Maybe there's not 100.

Matthew 7:15 Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
1 Kings 13:18
The old prophet answered, "I too am a prophet, as you are. And an angel said to me by the word of the LORD: 'Bring him back with you to your house so that he may eat bread and drink water.'" (But he was lying to him.)
Jeremiah 23:16
This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.
Ezekiel 22:27
Her officials within her are like wolves tearing their prey; they shed blood and kill people to make unjust gain.
Daniel 11:34
When they fall, they will receive a little help, and many who are not sincere will join them.
Matthew 7:14
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Matthew 24:11
and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
Matthew 24:24
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
Mark 13:22
For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
Luke 6:26
Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.
John 10:12
The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it.
Acts 20:29
I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.
Romans 16:17
I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.
2 Timothy 3:5
having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
2 Peter 2:1
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Revelation 16:13
Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

That is the work of the wonderful BibleHub which according to the JWs is false religion even though those people share the Bible for free. Oh really? JWs share for free? No. they do not.

/shakes her head/ did any JW answer my OP?
Sorry, this thread turned into something which distracted from the OP...

However, your question is too vague. There are many things that make JWs different from other "christian" religions.
As far as fundamental differences between JWs and others, which if I understand you correct, could be the fact that they don't get involved in politics or fight in wars.

Would you classify this as a tenet which differentiates JWs for other "Christian" religions?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Actually, I wouldnt know. Id have to think about it. A contraversial difference between catholic and baptist, for example, is that the former the Eucharist is thr body ans blood of Christ. The latter, it is only a symbol. (Its not unique because all christians believe in communion)

A unique aspect of Catholicsm that separates itself from other denominations yet are christian is pergatory. No other denomination I know of believes in pergatory ans it isnt a basic of the christian faith to where all believe it but have contraversial differences in its nature.

Im not sure if other christian denominations, like Omish, wont fight in war. Every denomination believes in Jesus but the controversial difference is his divinity in relation to salvation. I would say their form of witnessing is unique but LDS does the same.

Sorry, this thread turned into something which distracted from the OP...

However, your question is too vague. There are many things that make JWs different from other "christian" religions.
As far as fundamental differences between JWs and others, which if I understand you correct, could be the fact that they don't get involved in politics or fight in wars.

Would you classify this as a tenet which differentiates JWs for other "Christian" religions?