• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On that Note, JWs I have a question for you

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

Do JWs still teach that presently their baptism is the only righteous one and that being baptized by another church for Christ is not a valid one?

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons. 1 Corinthians 10:21

Do Jehovah's Witnesses still teach that all other religions and opinions are demonic and they alone eat at The Lord's table?

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

Do JWs still teach that presently their baptism is the only righteous one and that being baptized by another church for Christ is not a valid one?

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons. 1 Corinthians 10:21

Do Jehovah's Witnesses still teach that all other religions and opinions are demonic and they alone eat at The Lord's table?

Ask yourself, if a church teaches lies, pagan ideals, allows homosexuality, etc, etc, etc, what could YOU conclude?

Remember what Jesus said, "not everyone saying to me 'Lord, Lord' will enter into my Kingdom".
Also remember that few are those who are on the road to life.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ask yourself, if a church teaches lies, pagan ideals, allows homosexuality, etc, etc, etc, what could YOU conclude?
OK! What do you think of when the organisation teaches false stuff? One most prominent one is "millions now living will never die".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Remember what Jesus said, "not everyone saying to me 'Lord, Lord' will enter into my Kingdom".
Also remember that few are those who are on the road to life.
Do really believe those answer my questions? Those can most certainly be applied to what the Watchtower does also. Why not?

OK! What do you think of when the organisation teaches false stuff? One most prominent one is "millions now living will never die".
I don't think about those minor details too much...it just slows me down. I look at the big picture. Sure, there have been misinterpretations and errors, but when everything is boiled down, the JWs are as close as your going to ever get to the truth. Remember the scripture that says the light is getting brighter and brighter. JWs see it that way. That's why they continue to study, learn, apply, move forward.

Remember too, Jesus' own disciples who had listened to him face-to-face had many, many errors and problems...it's just human nature. The great thing is that God understands this and allows us sufficient time to work on these, He doesn't expect perfection either from us as individuals or as an organization.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't think about those minor details too much...it just slows me down. I look at the big picture. Sure, there have been misinterpretations and errors, but when everything is boiled down, the JWs are as close as your going to ever get to the truth. Remember the scripture that says the light is getting brighter and brighter. JWs see it that way. That's why they continue to study, learn, apply, move forward.
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. Revelation 3:20

YOU say Jehovah's Witnesses are as close to the truth as a person can get. With that in mind, what does Rev 3:20 mean? According to your thinking the JWs are the door. They are not the door.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Remember too, Jesus' own disciples who had listened to him face-to-face had many, many errors and problems...it's just human nature. The great thing is that God understands this and allows us sufficient time to work on these, He doesn't expect perfection either from us as individuals or as an organization.
This has to be the very worse human malady in the history of the world. JWs say that error marks all other religion making them demonic. THEN they say JW error doesn't make them demonic. Which is it? You can not have it both ways.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you see it? The brains of JWs are able to believe 1. The teaching of error and practicing sin makes all others demonic. and 2. The teaching of error which is practicing sin does not make the Christian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses demonic

That is a worrisome phenomenon. imho.

This has to be the very worse human malady in the history of the world. JWs say that error marks all other religion making them demonic. THEN they say JW error doesn't make them demonic. Which is it? You can not have it both ways.
No, you are wrong...it's not the error that makes them "demonic", it's the fact that they CHOOSE to be in error and "demonic

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One serious erroneous teaching comes to mind. Please, can you explain this?

I know that Jesus made the way to heaven for some people. So the JWs teach that because the way was not made until Jesus' death sacrifice then only people after his death are able to get there. I can very easily prove by scripture that isn't true. Can you prove by scripture that it is true?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, you are wrong...it's not the error that makes them "demonic", it's the fact that they CHOOSE to be in error and "demonic
But so does everyone choose their own way. The JWs too. The GB CHOOSES to believe that "everyone is alive to Jehovah" does not apply to the way to heaven.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. Revelation 3:20

YOU say Jehovah's Witnesses are as close to the truth as a person can get. With that in mind, what does Rev 3:20 mean? According to your thinking the JWs are the door. They are not the door.
On an individual basis, we all have the opportunity to "open the door" to allow Jesus in "for an evening meal".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Another thing that the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses chooses to bbelieve is that THEY are the faithful and discreet slave. Scripture does not identify who it is. In fact, it remains a question.

Jesus says "not one word of mine will pass away" but the governing body have done away with Jesus' word "WHO?" Haven't they?

One serious erroneous teaching comes to mind. Please, can you explain this?

I know that Jesus made the way to heaven for some people. So the JWs teach that because the way was not made until Jesus' death sacrifice then only people after his death are able to get there. I can very easily prove by scripture that isn't true. Can you prove by scripture that it is true?
The Bible doesn't explicitly say "everyone before Jesus will be resurrected to the Earth, everyone after Jesus has an opportunity to go to Heaven". Deductive reasoning is required.