• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Omnist

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
You are all things to everyone... Welcome to the other th... thi... thing...
6iqOge.jpg

nazz

Doubting Thomas
G'day Tabb, welcome to RF.
In general terms, you can post wherever you like.
However, there are DIR (Discuss Individual Religion) areas which have different rules to the rest of RF.

Main thing to be aware of is that the colour of the DIR indicates how strictly it will be moderated, but ALL DIRs are more strictly moderated than other parts of RF.

Blue DIRS mean non-members of that area are limited only to respectful questions, and are not allowed to make any non-question posts.

Just to add my non-staff member possible clarification to that I think that blue DIR's are generally speaking for people who identify solely with that religion/philosophy rather than someone who identifies with more than one. But aren't we currently colorless anyway?

IOmnist

Wordsmith
Personally, as an Omnist, I would feel comfortable posting anywhere so long as it does not entice any sort of a debate. There is much about religion I do not know, but I am always welcome to new knowledge from everywhere. I love to learn and I love to listen. I'm not a big fan of interjecting my opinion unless someone is being way too overbearing, in which case I typically ignore them or let them outsmart themselves. Some people are just too smart for their own good and when they aren't using it to enlighten others than it is wasted knowledge.

Chris Halligan

Hi everyone can anybody help me out I have been a Christian for some while now I see myself has someone who believes in a truth in them all (omnist)

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
What is Baha'i

Hi Chris,

Welcome to RF. It sounds as if you are looking for a more omnist approach to your Christian Faith. I grew up Christian but having acknowledged the truth in all the main religions needed to explore an approach that was more inclusive and accepting of the other faiths. That journey led me to the Baha’i Faith 30 years ago. There are of course many approaches both within and outside Christianity that have similar leanings. I recently started a thread exploring to what extent Christianity allows for pluralism here.

Supersessionism and beyond - Can Christianity meaningfully address religious pluralism?

The Baha’i Faith teaches that all the main religions derive their inspiration from the same source and there is simply one religion, the religion of God.

In short, Baha’is believe in the essential oneness of all of the world’s great Faiths. The Baha’i teachings focus on the new, rational and even radical idea that one God has given humanity one Faith throughout history, brought into being by Manifestations of God who bring love and knowledge to light.

This core Baha’i principle of religious unity comes directly from Baha’u’llah:

…the Bearers of the trust of God are made manifest unto the peoples of the earth as the Exponents of a new Cause and the Bearers of a new Message. Inasmuch as these Birds of the Celestial Throne are all sent down from the heaven of the Will of God, and as they all arise to proclaim His irresistible Faith, they therefore are regarded as one soul and the same person. For they all drink from the one Cup of the love of God, and all partake of the fruit of the same Tree of Oneness. – The Book of Certitude, p. 152.

One Foundation for All Religions

For more information:

Baháʼí Faith and the unity of religion - Wikipedia

What Bahá’ís Believe | The Bahá’í Faith

I hope this is useful for you and all the best with your journey.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm new to the RF and was admonished in one of the forums for speaking out of term because I wasn't a member of that particular religion. For that I apologize. My question is what Forum do you go to if you're an Omnist?

Omnism is the belief in all religions; those who hold this belief are called omnists (or Omnists). The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) quotes as the term's earliest usage the 1839 long poem "Festus" by English poet Philip J. Bailey: "I am an omnist, and believe in all religions". In recent years, the term has been emerging anew, due to the interest of modern day self-described omnists who have rediscovered and begun to redefine the term. It is best thought of as syncretism taken to its logical extreme.
How do synchronize all the religions?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Eh, you are responding to a thread that was started in 2015 by one who has long gone...:)