• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Omnipotent God

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If you believe in God, can your God be removed? Removed from schools? Churches? Anything?

Viker

Häxan
No. My gods aren't even omnipotent or omnipresent (close but not all the way). But they can't be "removed" from any where. I can be prohibited from forcing others to observe them or pray to them, in which I agree is appropriate.

lostwanderingsoul

I also think no one should be forced to observe or pray to any god. But I also think that putting something like the ten commandments on a school wall does not force anyone to do anything.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
If you believe in God, can your God be removed? Removed from schools? Churches? Anything?

Which one?

I suppose you could take a specific god concept out of something. But the divine as I see it is in everything(though to varying degrees)... you can't remove it entirely.

I also think no one should be forced to observe or pray to any god. But I also think that putting something like the ten commandments on a school wall does not force anyone to do anything.

No, it doesn't force anyone to do anything. But constantly exposing someone(especially children) to an idea forces it into their conscious, and they take that into their personal culture, for good or ill. Some parents don't want their kids exposed to other religions in such a way that it negates their own.

Would you be okay with verses from the Gita or Quran plastered on the walls of your child's school, provided the child wasn't forced to follow what they laid out?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

I believe God is the best in wisdom and best in guiding humanity. Government is a vital role for humans to be happy and for chaos to end and for justice to spread, so human rights and government laws are very important for humans.

The right religion for me would have a detailed guidance for politics, and government, as well as how to deal with oppressive governments when you can't overthrow them and when the truth is acknowledge by majority or minority in society.

It has a detailed guidance for whatever faces humans in terms of government. If falsehood and dictators rule, there has to be a way out, and God would show the way out.

Discourse is the greatest type of "power" in politics, more then the force type power of police force or show of force. God's discourse to me is a vital part of how society is ever going to establish justice.

Part of the discourse is to rely on the family of the reminder to understand God's discourse and for the Captains who sail the ship of salvation by the name of God out of tribulations to be held on to whether we are in oppressed state and tribulations or we make to land and safety, then we should show gratitude to God's favor and thank God and the guides for steering us out of tribulations.

I believe humanity is meant to be govern by wisdom and not ignorance. I believe we stray to ignorance, when we don't hold on to God's guidance.

Government is meant to serve humanity. God being the True King, means, his guidance will benefit us including if we make him the Ruler, judge and master of our social and political affairs as well.

lostwanderingsoul

Which one?

I suppose you could take a specific god concept out of something. But the divine as I see it is in everything(though to varying degrees)... you can't remove it entirely.

No, it doesn't force anyone to do anything. But constantly exposing someone(especially children) to an idea forces it into their conscious, and they take that into their personal culture, for good or ill. Some parents don't want their kids exposed to other religions in such a way that it negates their own.

Would you be okay with verses from the Gita or Quran plastered on the walls of your child's school, provided the child wasn't forced to follow what they laid out?
I think children shoud be exposed to many different ideas and cultures. Reading a verse from the Bible or Quran or Gita will expand their views. This is good. Aclosed mind that is only exposed to one idea is like a bird in a cage. It cannot reach its full potential.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I think children shoud be exposed to many different ideas and cultures. Reading a verse from the Bible or Quran or Gita will expand their views. This is good. Aclosed mind that is only exposed to one idea is like a bird in a cage. It cannot reach its full potential.

That's good. A lot of people who would post the 10 Commandments in a public place aren't always open to letting other people do similar with their own religious guidelines/scriptures. Glad to know you're not one of them. :)

I agree with this outlook.