• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OMG! It's a Pagan Symbol!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I remember people claiming that the following symbol was satanic just because Marilyn Manson used it on his Antichrist Superstar album:

Danger-Electric-shock-risk-sign.gif

idav

Being
Premium Member
So pagans, what other symbols have you defiled with your Satanic religion? The square? The triangle? How about the squiggly line? Did you Satanize that too?

My firm went ahead and patented all those symbols for the royalties. Anyone can use them now but for a fee.

doorknob

skeptical
OH GOSH my mom use to believe in satanic symbols too.

Actually pagan and satanic are two different things as some one mentioned earlier. I think satanists actually warn against using circles in rituals. Wouldn't want to **** off the demons with those protection circles now would we?

jasonwill2

OH GOSH my mom use to believe in satanic symbols too.

Actually pagan and satanic are two different things as some one mentioned earlier. I think satanists actually warn against using circles in rituals. Wouldn't want to **** off the demons with those protection circles now would we?

I don't use circles because I think it's disrespectful, but if I was summoning an enemy spirit I might.

Babs

I remember people claiming that the following symbol was satanic just because Marilyn Manson used it on his Antichrist Superstar album:

Danger-Electric-shock-risk-sign.gif

I didn't hear the whole thing was, but I remember being told that the lightening bolt image in it was a symbol of the Satanic Army.

jasonwill2

I didn't hear the whole thing was, but I remember being told that the lightening bolt image in it was a symbol of the Satanic Army.

Some pentagrams have Thor's lightning bolt on it:

images

Here's Anton LaVey with one in this rare pic, the lightning bolt ain't even anywhere on their site or any of their literature:

anton.jpg

Sorry for the low res I couldn't find any higher. Anyways, there might be a grain of truth to the lightning bolt there.

Babs

Some pentagrams have Thor's lightning bolt on it:

images

Here's Anton LaVey with one in this rare pic, the lightning bolt ain't even anywhere on their site or any of their literature:

anton.jpg

Sorry for the low res I couldn't find any higher. Anyways, there might be a grain of truth to the lightning bolt there.

Yeah, could be.

I really wouldn't know one way or the other. Satanism isn't something I've really looked at. I suppose it could be a personal thing, too. Well, I mean you mentioned it wasn't on the website or in the literature, so...maybe it was something that had meaning to him alone.

And to bring Marilyn Manson back into it, I've seen a picture of him (must have been in his twenties - Iike back in his Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids, days) standing right next to LaVey. Well, if he knew LaVey (could have been some single afternoon meeting for all I know), but if he did know him, he could have been influenced by him personally. Maybe LaVey even told him what it meant.

jasonwill2

"Thor's lightning bolt"? No such thing.

I meant the lightning bolt from his hammer or some another.

Yeah, could be.

I really wouldn't know one way or the other. Satanism isn't something I've really looked at. I suppose it could be a personal thing, too. Well, I mean you mentioned it wasn't on the website or in the literature, so...maybe it was something that had meaning to him alone.

And to bring Marilyn Manson back into it, I've seen a picture of him (must have been in his twenties - Iike back in his Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids, days) standing right next to LaVey. Well, if he knew LaVey (could have been some single afternoon meeting for all I know), but if he did know him, he could have been influenced by him personally. Maybe LaVey even told him what it meant.

Erm, they met and made him a revered person of the Church, or rather a Reverend and Marylin Manson is familiar with LaVey's philosophy, however he's not a strict follower if it in any real sense from what he has said in interviews. However I think that it's mostly a coincidence as lightning bolts are quite common and the fact that it was in the context of electrically being shocked makes this so much more the case.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
This morning to my great consternation and dismay with untold sadness and clinical depression I have been inform that the "circle" is a pagan symbol. As a child I thought the circles was innocent of any Satanic influence and I was happy with the circle, it was my favorite shape. But alas all that childhood innocence as been ruthlessly taken away from me, forever gone like all childhood things such as lawn darts and friendship bracelets.

It seems that the pagans (may they be forever cursed with cooties) use the circle in their Satanic pagan rituals. They even like to get nikked and dance around in a circle right in the middle of the woods! I know this because I saw it on YouTube. And not only that but I found out that the wedding ring that sacred symbol symbolizing the bond of only a man and woman only (God didn't make Adam and Steve) in holy Christian matrimony may indeed have it's origins in paganism.

So pagans, what other symbols have you defiled with your Satanic religion? The square? The triangle? How about the squiggly line? Did you Satanize that too?
so..
What is it that you wanted to "debate"?

Babs

Erm, they met and made him a revered person of the Church, or rather a Reverend and Marylin Manson is familiar with LaVey's philosophy, however he's not a strict follower if it in any real sense from what he has said in interviews. However I think that it's mostly a coincidence as lightning bolts are quite common and the fact that it was in the context of electrically being shocked makes this so much more the case.

Yeah, I've seen him say he takes from many religions, Satanism just being one of them. I've heard people say here and there that he was a Reverend, but....people make up so much about Marilyn Manson, I wasn't sure it was true.

Yeah, your probably right. Probably just a coincidence.

Babs

People used to say the Proctor and Gamble symbol was satanic.

That Moon thing with the stars?

I had to look it up. I didn't off-hand remember a logo for them. I tried their website and didn't see anything there except P&G. I hoped nobody thought that the lettters P and G were Satanic. I finally found it in image search.

I don't remember seeing it before.

I wouldn't have really gone with Satanic, but it does look fairly pagan. Is that why they changed it? Did so many people complian about it they had to go with something so bland, nobody could get offended by it...P&G?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
That Moon thing with the stars?

I had to look it up. I didn't off-hand remember a logo for them. I tried their website and didn't see anything there except P&G. I hoped nobody thought that the lettters P and G were Satanic. I finally found it in image search.

I don't remember seeing it before.

I wouldn't have really gone with Satanic, but it does look fairly pagan. Is that why they changed it? Did so many people complian about it they had to go with something so bland, nobody could get offended by it...P&G?

I really like the moon and stars thing. People complain about the silliest things. Back in the 1700 and/or the 1800s people said Mozart's music was "devil music" because people danced to it- and they said the same thing about Rock and Roll later. It's plain silly, to me.