• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OMG-EU Way of Life?

Bob Jones

Prove It!
BRUSSELS — When Ursula von der Leyen, the incoming chief of the European Union’s powerful administrative branch, unveiled her top team at a news conference on Tuesday, one new job title provoked a sea of puzzled faces: “vice president for protecting our European way of life.
As reported by the NYT. When this agency was exposed just about every millionaire EU elitist went bananas Condemning her as a racists, far right extremist and that the EU represented open migration for just about anyone. Solution, have these millionaire elitist build private camps at their castles or mansions for these migrants. Supply them with their special food and clothing. Europe has made sure it has committed suicide, by simultaneously hanging itself while shooting itself through the head!

exchemist

Veteran Member
BRUSSELS — When Ursula von der Leyen, the incoming chief of the European Union’s powerful administrative branch, unveiled her top team at a news conference on Tuesday, one new job title provoked a sea of puzzled faces: “vice president for protecting our European way of life.
As reported by the NYT. When this agency was exposed just about every millionaire EU elitist went bananas Condemning her as a racists, far right extremist and that the EU represented open migration for just about anyone. Solution, have these millionaire elitist build private camps at their castles or mansions for these migrants. Supply them with their special food and clothing. Europe has made sure it has committed suicide, by simultaneously hanging itself while shooting itself through the head!
So you're now a big fan of Ursula von der Leyen, I take it.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I would be the first to admit total surprise at her actions. I thought for sure she belonged to the politically elites.
You see things in black and white when they are shades of grey. I think everyone now recognises that there is a problem with large numbers of people from another culture dumped in a few locations. I myself get worried when I see what has happened to the East End of London since I was young. The Mile End Road now looks as if it belongs in Dubai, where I once worked. I can well imagine that the locals from the 1980s must wonder what the hell is going on.

But then there was a time when that area was all full of Jewish tailors. Now the Jews have got well-established and moved upmarket to North London, where they fit in pretty well. So assimilation does happen, at a certain rate, and generally that enriches any confident and outward-looking society. So as with anything what we need is a balance. The irony is that by leaving the EU we may have to admit more people from alien non-European cultures than we do now, to help with the NHS etc..

When it comes to migration from the rest of the EU, it is interesting that a recent UK poll has found that people now think the UK can control its immigration without leaving the EU - a complete turnaround from three years ago. More here: Public now believes immigration can be controlled without Brexit, poll finds

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Can I ask what exactly your objection here is?

It seems to me that the issue is primarily one of an unfortunate title, which resembles mantra's from the extreme right.
What just about every "contra" article / argument I have read somehow missed, is that the "european way of life" refered to, is multiculturalism and having the right as an individual to live your life how you see fit, as long as it is within the confines of the law. Meaning freedom of religion and all that stuff. So in fact, what is meant by it is actually the direct opposite of what extreme right nationalists mean by it..........

In retrospect, I agree it would be better to go for a title that more reflects this, which doesn't carry with it any baggage that was unloaded upon it by the extremist nationalists and stuff.. Eventhough such people tend to be anti-eu anyway and will rarely refer to themselves as european or to their culture as the "european way of life".

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I suppose I wouldn't what some government agency going about telling me what my way of life ought to be.

rocala

I think everyone now recognises that there is a problem with large numbers of people from another culture dumped in a few locations.
I hope so but I am far from convinced. I made a similar comment here on RF a few years ago and was stunned at the level of abuse.
I have had many conversations with colleagues and friends in the work place who are from all parts of the globe. Most freely admitted to racist opinions of one form or another.
I think huge progress could made if the fears of the local people were not only recognized but shown to be not unique.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I hope so but I am far from convinced. I made a similar comment here on RF a few years ago and was stunned at the level of abuse.
I have had many conversations with colleagues and friends in the work place who are from all parts of the globe. Most freely admitted to racist opinions of one form or another.
I think huge progress could made if the fears of the local people were not only recognized but shown to be not unique.
It's natural to object to what may seem like a cultural takeover of your neighbourhood. I believe politicians ought to recognise that and try to manage levels of change. However the paradox is that the most xenophobic communities are often those with the least exposure to outsiders. Here in London we have everyone from all over the world and in general it is not too problematic (East End is exceptional) and people have worked out that the muslim bus driver with a beard is not generally trying to blow them up, or impose sharia law. But rural communities can get very agitated when a Polish shop opens, to sell sausages to the guys that come over to pick the cabbages (even though they are blond Catholic Christians, with a reputation for hard work and no troublemaking). Fear of the unfamiliar, a lot of it, and fear that it is out of control.

Bob Jones

Prove It!
Bus drivers with beards!WOW! In Sweden they stop the bus,kick everyone off and then start their prayers!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
EEXMmxEWkAEnL70.jpeg.jpg

Bob Jones

Prove It!
Do you have a reputable source for this story? All I can find is crap from Jihadwatch etc.
Muslim bus driver locks passengers aboard as he stops to pray
A Muslim bus driver knelt in the aisle to pray for five minutes leaving bemused and anxious passengers trapped in ther seats.

By Heidi Blake

11:51AM GMT 08 Feb 2010

The driver pulled over without warning and rolled out a high-visibility jacket as a makeshift prayer mat before removing his shoes, turning to face Mecca and starting to chant in Arabic. Muslim bus driver locks passengers aboard as he stops to pray.Muslim bus driver locks passengers aboard as he stops to pray. Telegraph
(2)
Sweden: Muslim Driver Stops Bus Service, Refuses Women Entry for Prayer,” by Chris Tomlinson, Breitbart, August 7, 2019:

A Muslim bus driver in Stockholm refused to let a woman board his bus as he and another two others began praying in the vehicle.

The incident took place on Friday evening with the woman later saying that she thought no one would believe her story.