• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Om GamGanapatyaya Namah

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Ganapati has come to our home, but we will be able to see him only during sthapana tomorrow morning.
Edit: Thursday and not today, my wife corrects me.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We just finished making the clay murthies, just before I rad your post ... a few days yet before immersion in the river. The temple I go to will once again have its busiest day of the year.

Kirran

Premium Member
The guy in the shop here mentioned Ganesh Chaturthi, and I mentioned yeah I'll be going to an ashram in Wales for that period. He didn't seem able to process that - just said, no, it only happens in India, seemingly thinking that I was surely mistaken that this could happen in Wales.

Respectful question: cool, huh? :D

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We will have a new decoration this time. Arch type, rather than cube type. I always wanted that.
arch7.jpg

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The guy in the shop here mentioned Ganesh Chaturthi, and I mentioned yeah I'll be going to an ashram in Wales for that period. He didn't seem able to process that - just said, no, it only happens in India, seemingly thinking that I was surely mistaken that this could happen in Wales.

Respectful question: cool, huh? :D

Yes, that happens. He needs to get out more.
Is there a Maharashtan or Marathi society in London, or in England? If there isn't a group thing, most certainly individuals will practice Visarjana. All the main temples will do Chaturthi.

Kirran

Premium Member
Yes, that happens. He needs to get out more.
Is there a Maharashtan or Marathi society in London, or in England? If there isn't a group thing, most certainly individuals will practice Visarjana. All the main temples will do Chaturthi.

He seemed to have some kind of Swaminarayan poster up - so maybe Gujarati. If in doubt, British Hindus are Gujarati! There are Hindu networking things in Newbury, at the least.

A lot of Indians live in Newbury cos the Vodafone HQ is there.