• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olympics Rio 2016

Angy Ex Arcana

Pagan Priestess
g7o6i9gp1aq61j1mt7uz.png

The Olympic Flame will be lit in Greece on April 21, at Olympia.
I'm the only one that will look?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I assume he was joking. "Old flame" has a specific meaning that does not really have to do with the Olympics.

GoodbyeDave

I find a lot of the sports profoundly uninteresting. A group of people run/swim/cycle and one turns out to be faster than the others. Well duh — what did you expect?

Something where one can see and appreciate skill is different, however: tennis or gymnastics, for example. And naturally I watch the women's beach volleyball — for the skill, of course.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You know the Rio Olympics is in big trouble when....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...market-sale-Olympic-Games-World-Cup-flop.html
EXCLUSIVE - 'Sex sessions for £13 and a THREESOME for just £9': Disappointed prostitutes in Rio launch 'supermarket sale' for Olympic Games after World Cup flop
  • Rio prostitutes offer 'sex sale' as World Cup 'boom' never happened
  • Sex workers in the city's famous Vila Mimosa have dropped their prices
  • Flyer in English invites Olympic athletes to red light area near centre
  • 30 minutes costs 40 reals (£9) - down 48 per cent on 'normal' 75 reals (£17)
  • 'We were all expecting so much from the World Cup, but no one turned up'
  • Long-term sex worker says they are offering deals 'like a supermarket'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ympic-Games-World-Cup-flop.html#ixzz4DUT8Smgv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No, I'll be watching the Olympics. I love the Summer Olympics. I missed the torch lighting this year, unfortunately.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are Brazilian cops shaking down athletes?
http://abcnews.go.com/International/zealand-athlete-claims-kidnapped-police-rio/story?id=40851160
"First he asked me to stretch my arms, then patted me down. He grabbed my genital area, which was quite a surprise,” Lee told New Zealand website Stuff, where his girlfriend Laura McQuillan works.
Lee said police officers also searched his car. He was then notified that he could not drive in Brazil without carrying his passport, according to Lee.
Police said Lee would be arrested if he didn’t pay 2000 Brazilian Reais (around $610), according to Stuff.
But he didn’t have enough cash so the police forced him into one of the officer's cars, Lee explained.
"At this point I acknowledged to myself that I've completely backed myself into a corner,” Lee told Stuff.
After Lee withdrew the cash and gave the police the money, he was released.
“You can't say anything to anyone about this, not a word,” the police said, according to Lee, but he told Stuff that he reported it to the Tourist Police the same night.

james bond

It's part of the IDEAL I suppose. We all admire perfection, but not everything will be perfect. Thus, even the poorer nations are included to play hosts to this international event. Thus, the challenge is to stay safe, remain healthy and not be robbed of your possessions all the while visiting the games or trying to win them. I read the US men's basketball team rented a luxury yacht for their players to stay (in case they need to make a getaway?) . I'm not sure if it's docked offshore or onshore. Probably the worst is to be cooped up in an Olympic Village nowadays. People have gotten away from that idea. I won't complain about the pomp and circumstance of the opening ceremonies because the imperfections of politics and how to cheat to win these games will remain. Russia is supposed to win the most medals as they have become a country that knows how to disguise PEDs the best. What more can I say, but let the games begin.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Today cruel accident happened to sportive from France .

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Today cruel accident happened to sportive from France .

OUCH!!!!!
It hurts just to look at the photo.
I once broke my right leg, & it looked just like that.
I remember reaching down to straighten it so that it wouldn't look so disturbing.

On the bright side, 19 year old engineering student, Virginia Thrasher, won gold in the 10M air rifle competition.
She whooped the Chinese gals who were favored to win, leaving them with silver & bronze.
Stellar performance!
RIOEC8613SYM1_768x432.JPG

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
OUCH!!!!!
It hurts just to look at the photo.

On the bright side, 19 year old engineering student, Virginia Thrasher, won gold in the 30M air rifle competition.
She whooped the Chinese gals who were favored to win, leaving them with silver & bronze.
Stellar performance!
RIOEC8613SYM1_768x432.JPG
Air rifles are an Olympic sport?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
There is something fascinating to me about the Amazon River. As an American who was once an American boy, I recall how such great rivers as the Amazon and others inspired the spirit of adventure in our young hearts, and the more wild or exotic (? Is that the word ?) the images of a great river and surroundings, the more we wanted to go there. If you might die, all the better. The slow moving boat, the jungle - the more jungly the better is the adventure and behind the elephant's ear where the secrets await, oh to only go there where the spears fly, a British military style kakhi cap and guns in hand, every boy's dream the guns that are the salt and pepper of a cooked wild grub, a canteen with water tied to the belt, down the river of life, and death, will I be killed or will I kill (?), let me see the naked ones, danger ahead yet soul mates with the wild one's down the river, Apocalypse Now, see the other world of humans and bugs and animals and birds and fish!

Down the Amazon. Down the Nile. Down the Ganga. Down the Yellow River and the Yangtze. Down the Mississippi. Oh - down the Mekong! Down the Congo River. Down the American River and the Eel.

When a child, the favorite ride in Disneyland for so many a red blooded American boy was the Jungle Cruise. You get on a boat, slowly down the river. Into. The Jungle. Each boat named after a great river. They are the Arteries of the Heart of Bhumi Mother Earth. Her favorite Sister is the jungly Adventure that awaits you in the heart beat of the Kingdom of Bugs and Animals - and of course, the Snakes, yes the Snakes! Our friends of a boy's adventure. Rifle boys we are. We sleep in bugs. The naked one's are out there. Ours friends and savages - God Bless each and Everyone even if we have to kill one or two, we are One Heart of the Tiger and the Snake. My friends are the Monkeys. I am also a Monkey. See me climb a tree.

The Amazon.

So yes. For some strange reason, even though Zika is there - I turn on the TV. Zika reeks right through the boob tube - YOU CAN SMELL IT THROUGH THE TV! Zika. Stale water. The sound of caw caw caw. Did you hear that? A gun? Or the loud SNAP (!) of the kucookamba tree branch dead in the path as it snaps under the paw of the Green Jaguar who just jumps from the rock next to the water fall that falls into The River. Is the women's gymnastics on yet? I see them as the Natives. Will the mosquito bite? They are almost the naked ones, too. Like those wonderful Amazonian girls with war paint and no shirt. Talk about a wild one, how about tea time with the Amazonia Babe in War Paint on her face, woooo. What bugs hang as earrings?

I said I wouldn't watch. The RIO games.

Yet... I do!

The Amazon calls every boy. It reeks right through the TV. SMELL IT?