1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Older men: beware of testosterone supplements for fatigue.

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Jonathan Bailey, Jan 29, 2020.

1. PureX

PureX Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +7,753
    Religion:
    Philosophical Taoist/Christian
    Your doctor should have discussed this with you, certainly. And kudos to you for taking the time to look up the possible side effects and alternative solutions.

2. sun rise

sun rise "This is the Hour of God"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +25,015
    Religion:
    Love
    Ask women about male doctors.

3. sun rise

sun rise "This is the Hour of God"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +25,015
    Religion:
    Love
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Revoltingest

Revoltingest I have the kavorka
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +60,392
    Religion:
    Atheist
    You do know that I was being sarcastic?
    (The humans here got that.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Rival's Wife

Ratings:
    +27,097
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    Have you ever stopped to think the problem may not necessarily or always be other people but you?

6. Jainarayan

Jainarayan ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,931
    Religion:
    śrī kṛṣṇasya sevāyām - “In Lord Krishna’s service”
    She didn't forcibly inject you or slather gel on you I presume. The choice is yours to have the prescription filled or not. That said, I do agree that other tests should be performed to find out the cause of the low testosterone. One could have hypopituitarism, as I do. The pituitary is not producing the hormones to tell "the boys" to make testosterone. If that is the case, no amount of "natural" treatments will correct hypogonadism (the term for the condition).

The risks of exogenous testosterone come with blood levels above 600-700 ng/dl. That is the level of a healthy adult male. We're not talking about amounts comparable to the anabolic steroids used by bodybuilders and strength athletes, and other athletes too. The boys will not shrink at therapeutic dosages. Blood level of T above that for a long period of time can increase the risk of heart attack and stroke because of the overproduction of red blood cells. It basically turns your blood into ketchup.

They'll pry my testosterone gel pump out of my cold dead hands before I give it up willingly. It's made too much of a difference for me. I started on it almost 20 years ago. and have had no negative side effects. If you need it, you need it.

7. Rival

Rival Veteran Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +25,384
    Religion:
    בת נח
  8. Darkforbid

Darkforbid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +694
    Religion:
    Theist
    I thought you Yorkshire folk ran out of testosterone during the War of the Roses!

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Darkforbid

Darkforbid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +694
    Religion:
    Theist
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Howard Is

Howard Is Lucky Mud

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Religion:
    Egregious Cyber Hippy
    This is the advice @Jonathan Bailey needs.

One caveat - item 4 is vitamin D supplements or sunlight. Stick with sunlight. There are possible risks with vitamin D. One risk is related to bowel cancer. There are four types of precancerous colon tumours, and one of them can be accelerated by vitamin D.

The list of supplements in item 8 is good. I start each day with a smoothie of maca, cacao, ashwagandha, mucuna and pea protein. The Breakfast of Champions ;)

Everyone I share this mix with is very impressed. Energy, focus, and libido. I could write pages on all the micronutrients it contains, and their synergies. Anyone who wants details can message me.

11. Howard Is

Howard Is Lucky Mud

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Religion:
    Egregious Cyber Hippy
    There is a naturally occurring variant of caffeine, theacrine, which increases focus without the negative side effects of caffeine. No jitters, no increased heart rate. Also a nice mood elevator in a gentle natural way.
    Apparently methylliberine (Dynamine) is even better, but I haven’t tried it yet.