• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Old Help Wanted Ad

rrobs

want_ad.jpg

Any takers? :)

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You need to change the permissions so we can all see.

Last edited:

rrobs

Someone with the good judgement to find a better job with better pay.
What's better pay than eternal life in paradise? As if that's not enough, he'll be the ruler. The devil offered that to Adam and Eve (Gen 3:5), but that backfired. God had warned him not to fall for it (Gen 2:17), but he didn't listen. Jesus didn't fall for it though (Luk 4:1-13). Instead he finished the job and God actually made him the ruler of the new heavens and new earth to come (John 5:22).

This is just what the scriptures declare. Of course belief is optional, but I've not heard anything better to look forward to.

rrobs

Did anybody, ever?
To the best of my knowledge, nobody did answer this non-existent ad. Any more than anybody ever agreed to spend Christmas eve flying around the world delivering toys to children everywhere.
Tom
The scriptures declare that Jesus Christ of Nazareth did answer the ad and finished the work (John 19:30). Of course belief is optional. Nonetheless, it's funny how most people that don't believe it have never actually read it for themselves, let alone study it like they studied high school or college course material. Most only think they know what it says. Their knowledge comes by hearsay. But I can't blame them. The churches have done a bang up job of ruining the message. They don't even know who the main character is. They all think Jesus is God. Needless to say, by so mis-characterizing the main character of any book would make the story unintelligible.

Take care...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is no debt to pay, no payment needed. It appears that the job is a sinecure. One bad weekend and an eternity of ruling reality. Quite the racket.

rrobs

I suspect discrimination.
Not a single non-Jew was interviewed for the job!
It's just an analogy. God didn't actually "interview" anybody. The entire Old Testament was an instruction manual on what one would have to do to redeem mankind from sin and it's penalty, i.e. death. Anybody, Jew or non-Jew, could have followed those instructions. It just so happened that it was a Jew.

That's a quick and dirty explanation, but it give the gist. In any case, God is certainly not racist. Of course if CNN said He was, then I suppose that would make Him one. :)