• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

old face popping in

jewscout

Religious Zionist
HI all,

I was reminiscing about old times and thought about this forum that I was once very active on, to the point I was a moderator for a short while.

So I thought i'd pop in and see all the new faces (and some old ones).

can't say i'll be here like I was, just thought it would be fun to go down memory road.

Yalla! bye!

xkatz

HI all,

I was reminiscing about old times and thought about this forum that I was once very active on, to the point I was a moderator for a short while.

can't say i'll be here like I was, just thought it would be fun to go down memory road.

Yalla! bye!

Shalom! :)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Hey Jewscout! Who could forget you! How have you been doing?

Very well, Baruch HaShem, altho I am back in the US now, we moved back from Israel in '09, a decision I still regret but finances forced my hand.

As you may recall I got married and we had twins in '09, a boy and a girl...so they are 5 now and will be going to kindergarten in the fall, it's crazy how time flies and how quickly they grow up :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Very well, Baruch HaShem, altho I am back in the US now, we moved back from Israel in '09, a decision I still regret but finances forced my hand.

As you may recall I got married and we had twins in '09, a boy and a girl...so they are 5 now and will be going to kindergarten in the fall, it's crazy how time flies and how quickly they grow up :)

Sorry to hear you had to leave Israel. That must have been heartbreaking.

Time flies indeed! My oldest nephew is now ten and yet I'm quite sure he was born yesterday.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Sorry to hear you had to leave Israel. That must have been heartbreaking.

Time flies indeed! My oldest nephew is now ten and yet I'm quite sure he was born yesterday.

it was heartbreaking, and I long to take my family back there. The thought of it always brings tears to my eyes.

I know the feeling, I stop sometimes just to realize that my kids are real kids now, not toddlers or babies.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
HI all,

Yalla! bye!
Hello, old friend. If you can believe it I was thinking about you this very afternoon. I hope everything is well.

it was heartbreaking, and I long to take my family back there. The thought of it always brings tears to my eyes.

I know the feeling, I stop sometimes just to realize that my kids are real kids now, not toddlers or babies.
Agony and ecstasy in the same paragraph. I hope you are able to return to Israel, sooner rather than later. Congrats on the ankle-biters.

Last edited:

jewscout

Religious Zionist
thanks YmirGF, it's cool to be back, although I think i'll do my best to keep out of political threads and arguments as much as possible, I found those take up way too much energy, especially when it comes to something very personal to me like Israel.

gonna try to stay light hearted on here when I am on. :D

jewscout

Religious Zionist
also, need to switch my country back to the US, the time stamps on here are throwing me off haha

jewscout

Religious Zionist
thanks Tarheeler, it's good to see so many Jews on here, I remember when there were hardly any haha

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
thanks Tarheeler, it's good to see so many Jews on here, I remember when there were hardly any haha

We still ebb and flow, and only a few have been very active lately.
Hopefully we'll pick it back up soon.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Hey Jewscout, welcome back to the forum.

We're a friendly group of Jews here. I, for example, am a radical reform Jew. :D

I used to post in the DIR but I was too argumentative, so I left........before they threw me out. My heros are: Spinoza and Rabbis Stephan Wise, Sherwin Wine, Mordeci Kaplan and Zalman-Schecter Shalomi. And Abraham, he was the biggest rebel of them all. ;)

These days I mostly post in the debate sub-. Hope to see you there. :)

Btw, what are your thoughts on Chosenness ? :)

Last edited: