• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Okay, who would pay to see this at a riot?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Riot control so far has been human versus human confrontation. It kind of makes me wonder if that will change in the near future instead of having reliance on State Police and Local Police forming a Roman style push with shields and clubs, imagine a line of those little darlings...er Darliks ... heading toward the crowd. Terminate.... terminate......

Riot control robot that looks like a DALEK gives protesters electric shocks | Daily Mail Online

I see the day when government will employ the use of machines which are far more terrifying imo as a form of control and restraint than any human could ever be, and removes the danger when you have a police officer safely behind enemy lines controlling these things or even worse if they are autotomonus.

I'm beginning to see an age now where the role of machines to control humans will soon bring those dystopia science fiction movies into stark reality.

Doctor Who meets Blade Runner.

What's next? Maybe Screamers?

*Yikes*

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That is one trend.

Are you ready to praise and worship our benevolent machine overlords?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Looks more like a cute vending (or lending) machine to me - DO YOU WANT SOME MONEY! (In Dalek voice of course) :D

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When I lived near Baltimore I knew of a city police officer who would carry a small snake in his glove compsrtment. Apparently, threatening groups congregating on the street corners would scatter like rabbits as soon as he brandished it.

Last edited:

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Riot control so far has been human versus human confrontation. It kind of makes me wonder if that will change in the near future instead of having reliance on State Police and Local Police forming a Roman style push with shields and clubs, imagine a line of those little darlings...er Darliks ... heading toward the crowd. Terminate.... terminate......

Riot control robot that looks like a DALEK gives protesters electric shocks | Daily Mail Online

I see the day when government will employ the use of machines which are far more terrifying imo as a form of control and restraint than any human could ever be, and removes the danger when you have a police officer safely behind enemy lines controlling these things or even worse if they are autotomonus.

I'm beginning to see an age now where the role of machines to control humans will soon bring those dystopia science fiction movies into stark reality.

*Yikes*
Yes it will happen. But then the protestors will hack the software and the machine will turn on the police. Etc.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

*Yikes*
An informed and armed public may have its own bots to repel those bots in extremis. Thus the 2nd amendment may matter in this matter.