• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OKay, let's dial it back.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't recall the term. What does it typically refer to?
Tom
It's basically this nonsense of cancelling everything you don't agree with or that upsets you. It started online, and is where it is mostly found still, but it got Bill Maher disinvinted from whatever college graduation commencement speech, and apparently it also has people completely and totally ignoring someone as if they don't exist, in real life, over some perceived offense.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Okay kiddos, forget I ever mentioned any tv shows, in hindsight they weren't the best examples and are obviously distracting people from the actual point, so let me boil it down:

Trying to lump peaceful protestors and violent looters and vandals together = bad.
Trying to lump honest, honorable cops with the corrupt, abusive ones = bad
Trying to lump all conservatives with bigot 'fascists' = bad
Trying to lump all liberals with PC SJW 'commies' = bad
We have such a wide cultural divide due to a mentality that's prone to overgeneralize and oversimplify.
I'm just suggesting progress might require a more pragmatic approach. Find some balance and middle ground and then aim for the lofty idealism. Right now it seems like everyone is grabbing the pendulum and swinging it as hard as they can at each other's faces.
Or I could be wrong. :shrug: Am I making any sense, or no?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Trying to lump honest, honorable cops with the corrupt, abusive ones = bad
Until these good ones are speaking out during times of peace--during normal times and not just during times of unrest--when they are no longer turning blind eyes to abuse and remaining silent about corruption, until that time the best they can hope to be is mediocre. Why? Their silence during times of peace is a massive accomplice and major enabler of police brutality and corruption as a whole.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Until these good ones are speaking out during times of peace--during normal times and not just during times of unrest--when they are no longer turning blind eyes to abuse and remaining silent about corruption, until that time the best they can hope to be is mediocre. Why? Their silence during times of peace is a massive accomplice and major enabler of police brutality and corruption as a whole.
Some insight to the system.....
Here's What Happens to Good Cops When They Stand up to Bad Cops
Lorenzo Davis awarded $2.8M after IPRA fired him for refusing to change his findings | The Crusader Newspaper Group
In that 2nd article, Scott Ando wasn't even prosecuted
for attempting to cover up cop crimes. Instead, he got
a wonderful job offer elsewhere.
It's like pedo priests, who are shuttled from place to place,
committing the same crimes over & over. There is almost
no accountability.

Florida corrections officer fired after reporting guard’s eye gouge
Excerpted....
A Florida prison guard was fired after exposing a fellow corrections officer who gouged out a mentally ill inmate's eye.

Whistleblower John Pisciotta, who witnessed the sickening attack, learned he'd lost his job on the same day his brutal colleague was convicted on federal charges, the Miami Herald reported.

"I knew once I did the right thing and I stepped forward... my career would be over," Pisciotta told jurors during the 2009 trial. "It's something you don't do. You don't go against other officers, because my life has been a living hell ever since."

Pisciotta, who grew up in Long Island, was part of an "extraction team" assigned in 2008 to pull inmate Kelly Bradley from his cell in the psych ward of Charlotte Correctional Facility.

The schizophrenic prisoner had used his mattress to barricade himself in, and a veteran supervisor sent the officers to remove him.

"This inmate was cowering under a blanket in the corner of his cell," Pisciotta told the Miami Herald. "He was an older man, very frail and mentally ill. He wasn't trying to fight anybody. He was just scared. He was no threat to anyone."

A muscle-bound officer, William Hamilton Wilson, jammed his finger into Bradley's eye, "digging and digging" until he popped it out of the socket, Pisciotta testified.

The helpless prisoner, convicted of dealing drugs, lost his eye in the horrifying encounter, but it was like it never happened, according to the officers' reports.

The guards washed off his blood, threw away their gloves and claimed they had no idea what had happened.

Only Pisciotta came forward — and the consequences were dire.

New details of the retaliation endured by the brave officer were recently revealed as part of a grand jury report on the death of a different inmate during another violent extraction in 2014.

There are endless such articles.
Another one....
In Florida, Cops Flout the Law and Continue Working

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Some insight to the system.....
Here's What Happens to Good Cops When They Stand up to Bad Cops
Lorenzo Davis awarded $2.8M after IPRA fired him for refusing to change his findings | The Crusader Newspaper Group
In that 2nd article, Scott Ando wasn't even prosecuted
for attempting to cover up cop crimes. Instead, he got
a wonderful job offer elsewhere.
It's like pedo priests, who are shuttled from place to place,
committing the same crimes over & over. There is almost
no accountability.

Florida corrections officer fired after reporting guard’s eye gouge
Excerpted....
A Florida prison guard was fired after exposing a fellow corrections officer who gouged out a mentally ill inmate's eye.

Whistleblower John Pisciotta, who witnessed the sickening attack, learned he'd lost his job on the same day his brutal colleague was convicted on federal charges, the Miami Herald reported.

"I knew once I did the right thing and I stepped forward... my career would be over," Pisciotta told jurors during the 2009 trial. "It's something you don't do. You don't go against other officers, because my life has been a living hell ever since."

Pisciotta, who grew up in Long Island, was part of an "extraction team" assigned in 2008 to pull inmate Kelly Bradley from his cell in the psych ward of Charlotte Correctional Facility.

The schizophrenic prisoner had used his mattress to barricade himself in, and a veteran supervisor sent the officers to remove him.

"This inmate was cowering under a blanket in the corner of his cell," Pisciotta told the Miami Herald. "He was an older man, very frail and mentally ill. He wasn't trying to fight anybody. He was just scared. He was no threat to anyone."

A muscle-bound officer, William Hamilton Wilson, jammed his finger into Bradley's eye, "digging and digging" until he popped it out of the socket, Pisciotta testified.

The helpless prisoner, convicted of dealing drugs, lost his eye in the horrifying encounter, but it was like it never happened, according to the officers' reports.

The guards washed off his blood, threw away their gloves and claimed they had no idea what had happened.

Only Pisciotta came forward — and the consequences were dire.

New details of the retaliation endured by the brave officer were recently revealed as part of a grand jury report on the death of a different inmate during another violent extraction in 2014.

There are endless such articles.
Another one....
In Florida, Cops Flout the Law and Continue Working
Those are the good cops. Or, rather, were the good cops. But it should be of no surprise to anyone that the good cops aren't really much of thing because they got fired for being good cops. They spoke out when it was not easy, trendy, or fashionable. They should rightfully be the ones we mention and honor, not the pigs looking for a cheap and easy PR opportunity while there are international outcries against them.

gnomon

It's not about TV shows per se though the show Cops is outdated.

More important is doing away with the concept of qualified immunity for police officers. It's a standard that doesn't fit in with the Constitution of the U.S. and should be done away with.
Any reform measure that does not include eliminating qualified immunity is not enough to correct the measures of police brutality in this nation. One of the best measures I've heard is that of accessory among policing. That if one officer is found abusing his authority resident officers would be held accountable under the terms of accessory. That is a standard applied towards the citizenry so why should it not be applied towards the members of law enforcement?

But I'm just a drunk. I'm ****ing tired. I had a service dog lunge and attack me a week ago.

And I'm on vacation starting tonight. Surprised I got it. So **** all of this **** right now.