• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, how would you deal with the Covid Conundrum

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
New Given the economic impacts and the fact that stimulus packages are going out that are piling debt onto some of our countries, I think that government should adopt some frugality measures with respect to current/ongoing government spending, while at the same time funneling some of the saved cash into as much research as we can muster.
Sure - when you're in a huge economic slowdown, teetering on the brink of a depression, why not slam the brakes on the economy?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Non-political - Masks and Social Distancing should be enforced and not debated. It hurts no one and protects the masses.

If it didn't hurt anyone there would be no pushback.

It's that kind of arrogance that starts trouble.

Twilight Hue

I think we need federally legalized cannabis to help make up for the lost revenue. Now more than ever. Its a cash crop, and states and fed are now more strapped for cash than theyve been in a long time.
Looking to get high huh?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Looking to get high huh?
I live in California, and have a medical card.
I'm thinking of sollutions to make tons of quick cash fast. Legalized cannabis will do just that, and help the budgets in other areas to, such as what is saved in freeing up demand on law enforcement and jails/prisons. For Uncle Sam and the states that haven't, now is a great time to help make up for state budgets hemorrhaging from Covid.

Twilight Hue

I live in California, and have a medical card.
I'm thinking of sollutions to make tons of quick cash fast. Legalized cannabis will do just that, and help the budgets in other areas to, such as what is saved in freeing up demand on law enforcement and jails/prisons. For Uncle Sam and the states that haven't, now is a great time to help make up for state budgets hemorrhaging from Covid.
Might as well. New York is focusing heavily on bringing back gambling over here.

Money is money. There's no arguing that and I would prefer to see things like that then having my taxes go up on an already economically stressed middle class.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Might as well. New York is focusing heavily on bringing back gambling over here.

Money is money. There's no arguing that and I would prefer to see things like that then having my taxes go up on an already economically stressed middle class.
Gambling is another good way to make up the losses. Probably other areas more typically associated with Lubertarians as well, such as legalized prostitution. Gutting and destroying laws of moral enforcement are going to hold keys for budget sollutions.

A Vestigial Mote

Sure - when you're in a huge economic slowdown, teetering on the brink of a depression, why not slam the brakes on the economy?
As if there are absolutely no types of government expenditures that could be curbed without "slamming the brakes on the economy." I am sure there is plenty of government spending that doesn't reach the hands of the private sector and the business-faring men and women of the country.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Nuke China when the first case was discovered (makes as much sense as anything done so far)...

Rational Agnostic

Nuke China when the first case was discovered (makes as much sense as anything done so far)...

No, I think it's safe to say that course of action would have resulted in a catastrophe that would make the coronavirus pandemic look like a picnic.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I am reading a lot of things lately as to how the Pandemic should have been handled better, or the handling of it was botched. I am seeing it politicized, made into a patriotic stand, and vilified. There are countries that worked hard to get it under control, there are countries that did nothing and there are countries that denied having a problem. There are politicians, medical professionals and layman all complaining, pointing fingers and using it to justify all sorts of things. There people that are all for following the guidelines, people against following the guidelines and people who could not care less either way. Add to that most discussions go political and never ever approach their idea of a solution, or a better way to deal with it.

Frankly, I don't have a clue. I personally think we are reopening just to close again and I feel an actual solution is a vaccine...but then there are also those against vaccines.....

So, what is you idea?

And try to not make it political....but I'm betting it will go that way just the same.....
Here's another one...;

A friend just went to ER with symptoms... their statement?

Go home, rest, take vitamins and see if you will overcome it.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
No, I think it's safe to say that course of action would have resulted in a catastrophe that would make the coronavirus pandemic look like a picnic.

But the quarantine from the half life of the radiation would surely be less than it is now...or so a friend told me.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I am reading a lot of things lately as to how the Pandemic should have been handled better, or the handling of it was botched. I am seeing it politicized, made into a patriotic stand, and vilified. There are countries that worked hard to get it under control, there are countries that did nothing and there are countries that denied having a problem. There are politicians, medical professionals and layman all complaining, pointing fingers and using it to justify all sorts of things. There people that are all for following the guidelines, people against following the guidelines and people who could not care less either way. Add to that most discussions go political and never ever approach their idea of a solution, or a better way to deal with it.

Frankly, I don't have a clue. I personally think we are reopening just to close again and I feel an actual solution is a vaccine...but then there are also those against vaccines.....

So, what is you idea?

And try to not make it political....but I'm betting it will go that way just the same.....

I don't know why people make it into some political issue either. The disease affects humans, no matter if they're right-wing or left-wing. I can understand people's frustrations, though. This is wearing people down. People just want this to end.

The thing is, if people would just practice safe distancing and other precautions, it probably wouldn't be as bad.

I'm still hoping that they can come up with a vaccine against stupidity. If not, then I'll be happy if they can just come with a vaccine against coronavirus.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

So, what is you idea?

I see the problem for what it is.....nature

in a small town like this one....the local hospital will have a dozen beds....ICU
if the population suffers 200 incidents of virus needing attention
CRISIS!

and the remaining 29,800 people might not feel a thing
nothing

it's natures way of sorting out the weak
we humans are apex predators
only if we stumble ….does something bigger kill us

nature seems to seek it's own balance
and there are way too many of us

so...….something smaller than us has become the advisory
and it's all about chemistry
if your chemistry is not up to it
you will die

all the rest of what we do is superficial
the mask is a mechanical answer
so too....keeping your distance

take your vitamins
stop eating junk food
your chemistry is your fortress

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Frankly, I don't have a clue. I personally think we are reopening just to close again and I feel an actual solution is a vaccine...but then there are also those against vaccines.....So, what is you idea?

However, I will make it biblical because of what is recorded at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13
There is also an old adage that says it is darkest before the dawn.
Things will get worse before they get better.
But ' better they will get ' because according to Revelation 22:2 there is ' healing ' coming to earth's nations.

Ponder This

So, what is you idea?

Don't rely on someone else to find a magical cure for you.
Instead, take personal steps to insure your own safety.
For everything else, have faith and courage.
The right attitude can help everyone to realize the very best.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I see the problem for what it is.....nature

in a small town like this one....the local hospital will have a dozen beds....ICU
if the population suffers 200 incidents of virus needing attention
CRISIS!

and the remaining 29,800 people might not feel a thing
nothing

it's natures way of sorting out the weak
we humans are apex predators
only if we stumble ….does something bigger kill us

nature seems to seek it's own balance
and there are way too many of us

so...….something smaller than us has become the advisory
and it's all about chemistry
if your chemistry is not up to it
you will die

all the rest of what we do is superficial
the mask is a mechanical answer
so too....keeping your distance

take your vitamins
stop eating junk food
your chemistry is your fortress

You don't ever make use of antibiotics, right?
I mean, you really don't want to get into the way of nature, right? :rolleyes:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You don't ever make use of antibiotics, right?
I mean, you really don't want to get into the way of nature, right? :rolleyes:
been infected.....and wasn't told the exact item

doctors do that
you present yourself
they look at your condition
they GUESS the ailment
and then hand you a bottle of pills

the draw back on this routine...….
the antibiotics will almost wipe your slate clean
and unfortunately
your gut needs a BALANCE of living things...….to keep you living

and I've been posting here of late this one thing quite a bit