• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh NOes!!! White Supremacists Want Your White Children

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Hey Kids! click the spoiler below:
upload_2019-10-22_8-41-10.jpeg

A mothers warning: An upper middle class white woman just like you is warning parents that White Supremacists are needing children for their racist army. Scared of their own shadows and completely oblivious to the very real threats to children online we must reignite the lie that somehow there is a racist under every bed and a Nazi around every corner and they are coming for your children.

A mother's warning: If you have white teen sons, listen up ... - CNN

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin

A mothers warning: An upper middle class white woman just like you is warning parents that White Supremacists are needing children for their racist army. Scared of their own shadows and completely oblivious to the very real threats to children online we must reignite the lie that somehow there is a racist under every bed and a Nazi around every corner and they are coming for your children.

You realize that white supremacy actually does still exist in America and is currently going through a resurgence, right?

Hate groups hit 20-year high; white supremacy definition up, SPLC says
White nationalism, born in the USA, is now a global terror threat
Unite the Right rally - Wikipedia

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

One thing that struck me about this is the mother's quote early on in the article:

"They've studied the way that our young men interact online, and they have looked at what these boys need," she said. "And they have learned how to fill those needs in order to entice them into propaganda."

But she doesn't say exactly what these boys need or why no one else in society is able to fill those needs.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
You realize that white supremacy actually does still exist in America and is currently going through a resurgence, right?

What I see is some in a society that will always have a shadow to fight with, the chosen boogey man has different names and appears at different times but it's still the same fear.

34268641312_392b0048a7_b.jpg

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
What I see is some in a society that will always have a shadow to fight with, the chosen boogey man has different names and appears at different times but it's still the same fear.

34268641312_392b0048a7_b.jpg
So you've already forgotten that massive white supremacist rally that ended in a person being run over? Or the massive increase in domestic terrorism caused or incited by white supremacists?

Are these things imaginary?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Because it's hysterical to warn people about the dangers of white supremacy and its influence?
It's hysterical to get hysterical about it....& to justify hysteria.
Consider an alternative....
How One Man Convinced 200 Ku Klux Klan Members To Give Up Their Robes
Excerpted...
Daryl Davis is a blues musician, but he also has what some might call an interesting hobby. For the past 30 years, Davis, a black man, has spent time befriending members of the Ku Klux Klan.

He says once the friendship blossoms, the Klansmen realize that their hate may be misguided. Since Davis started talking with these members, he says 200 Klansmen have given up their robes. When that happens, Davis collects the robes and keeps them in his home as a reminder of the dent he has made in racism by simply sitting down and having dinner with people.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
One thing that struck me about this is the mother's quote early on in the article:

But she doesn't say exactly what these boys need or why no one else in society is able to fill those needs.
This is partially covered in another article about the same woman:

"The boys [are] consuming media with the 'people are too sensitive' and 'you can't say anything anymore!' themes," Schroeder tweeted. "For these boys, this will ring true — they're getting in trouble for 'nothing.' This narrative allows boys to shed the shame — replacing it w/anger."

To prevent kids from shutting you out, get curious she says. Meet them where they are. "Instead we inquired more: Where did you hear this? Where did you see this? Can you show me that?" she said. "When they showed us, the first thing we tried to do was say, 'I get why this seems funny on the surface. And I totally get why it's confusing.' "

Schroeder started talking to her sons, now 11 and 14, about the hate they were encountering online this past year. Laying that groundwork early, when they're younger and more open, she said, may help them think more critically about the media they consume later.

"I hope that we were able to build with our kids a foundation where they believe that when we say something is not great, maybe they disobey but deep inside there's a little voice that's going to say to them: you know, I should question why this seems so funny and yet I feel like I have to keep it a secret."

Schroeder isn't worried about white male youth themselves, she said, calling this generation "the most open-hearted potentially kindest critical thinking loving group of boys that I've ever seen," she said.

She's worried about how propaganda is being spread online — by weaponizing that benevolence.
How One Mom Talks To Her Sons About Hate On The Internet

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I am so very glad we here on RF have at last reached a state of sophistication in which racism and white supremacy are jokes, and anyone who feels they ought to be taken seriously is labeled "hysterical". Makes me proud of RF. We rank right up there with raw sewage these days.