• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Look....

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
These are people, not political pawns to be sacrificed to advance your political game.
Whatever happened to the "compassionate conservatives?"
What happened to the compassionate liberals? Apparently they don't want them?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
How is sending them to another state treating them as chattel? Spread the wealth around, right?
Why should Texas have to deal with the problem on their own?

Because there is no actual plan of action, or cooperative coordination between the States to ensure a safe transfer of this already vulnerable to exploitation population?

Or did I miss the part where Abott (and AZ Gov) called the New York and DC Govs and said "how do we get this done?".

Edit: this whole ploy is political grandstanding at the expense of treating these people as expendable.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

It's called coordinating, you should try it some time.

You don't just throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks when it comes to human lives.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What is interesting is how these States changed their tunes when they have to personally deal with illegal immigration.
Yep and is that ever a fact.

I still remember all the incessant bragging going on, on how much better at handling the migration crisis if they were in charge.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Because conservatives are racist, immoral, and insensitive. No wonder polls are showing they are losing the public's trust.
Seems like conservatives are helping the illegals by calling attention to thier situation.
But of course it's racist to demand anyone in a liberal state do anything about the situation.
:rolleyes:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We just want to leave them alone, to live their lives and contribute to society.

We take a broad view of the situation. What is the root cause of the problem? What drove them to migrate, and what can be done to correct it?

Temporary, Band-aid solutions are a futile waste of time, money and resources, in the long run.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
These are people, not political pawns to be sacrificed to advance your political game.
Whatever happened to the "compassionate conservatives?"

Exactly. They are human beings period. Why treat them as chattel.

This is one reason why I tend to scoff at conservatives who claim to be "pro-life," but whose bigoted attitude towards undocumented immigrants clearly shows otherwise. I was always at odds with other conservative Christians when I was still one myself because of their bigoted attitude towards immigrants (documented or not) and LGBTQ+ people. I still think that they tarnish Christianity's image.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Because conservatives are racist, immoral, and insensitive. No wonder polls are showing they are losing the public's trust.

The majority of the conservatives I've known over the years certainly are as you described, but there are a few who are actually civil, decent, and compassionate human beings. I'm not a conservative any more, but I was one for over twenty-five years, and I'm now of the opinion that any conservatives who are civil, decent, and compassionate human beings are the exception rather than the rule.

Last edited:

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Because there is no actual plan of action, or cooperative coordination between the States to ensure a safe transfer of this already vulnerable to exploitation population?
There is no plan or resources for them in Texas or surety of safe transition to America for these people, but you're fine telling them to keep coming and calling people against it racist.

Send them to the people who are responsible for this humanitarian disaster. Liberals in DC.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The majority of the conservatives I've known over the years certainly are as you described, but there are a few who are actually civil, decent, and compassionate human beings. However, after over twenty-five years of experience as a conservative, I now consider conservatives who are civil, decent, and compassionate human beings to be the exception rather than the rule.
They're very compassionate and altruistic -- within their own tribes/status communities.