• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Officers Kneel, and Protestors Embrace Them During Rallies Against Bad Policing

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This has been widely circulated. Less widely circulated is when theses same police sympathizers get up and wade into the crowd with billy clubs and tear gas -- Just following orders.
A leopard can't change its spots. Can an authoritarian change his neuroanatomy?

I weep for you,' the Walrus said:
I deeply sympathize.'
With sobs and tears he sorted out
Those of the largest size,
Holding his pocket-handkerchief
Before his streaming eyes.

O Oysters,' said the Carpenter,
You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none —
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one."
excerpt. The Walrus and the Carpenter. -- Lewis Carroll.

Last edited:

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
This has been widely circulated. Less widely circulated is when theses same police sympathizers get up and wade into the crowd with billy clubs and tear gas -- Just following orders.
A leopard can't change its spots. Can an authoritarian can't change his neuroanatomy?

excerpt. The Walrus and the Carpenter. -- Lewis Carroll.

Unfortunately, this is another instance of what's called "copaganda" where they hire PR firms and plan stunts with news stations in order to improve their public perception. It's not really about solidarity, it's about paying influencers to convince non-protesters to go easier on them

If they really wanted to show solidarity, they would take their internal policies more seriously. I don't mean that to be dismissive of these sorts of public shows of support, because that is important, but they're just keeping up appearances here.