• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Officer Charged with Murder and Manslaughter in Death of George Floyd

Terry Sampson

LOL! Head's up. Technically, I suppose, this item merits a whole new thread of it's own, but my "talking lamp" is running MSNBC's Brian Williams and his "11th Hour" TV slot. Live coverage of civil disorder events in Louisville KY. Police were clearing the street and a friggin' cop was firing "pepper bullets" at the MSNBC reporting team. All of a sudden the female reporter shouts: "Ow, Ow." Then she says: "I think the police are firing rubber bullets, ... at me." Then the camera pans over and focuses on a cop aiming a "rifle" directly at the camera, (and me sitting in my chair at home. My jaw dropped in amazement at the size of the cop's huevos.) Turns out that he wasn't firing rubber bullets; he was firing "pepper bullets". (I've got no idea what those are). But still, ... directly at MSNBC's camera. :eek::eek::eek:
The female reporter says into the microphone: I think they want us to move.

And I said to my wife: "Do ya THINK so?!!!"

@Revoltingest, @Sunstone @Kangaroo Feathers

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's they wisely went for 3rd degree murder. It will be easily to prove by the evidence.
Yeah. 3rd has enough wiggle room to do it. 1st and 2nd I just see no possible way to clear guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Especially with a pesky, clever ******* defense lawyer.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
LOL! Head's up. Technically, I suppose, this item merits a whole new thread of it's own, but my "talking lamp" is running MSNBC's Brian Williams and his "11th Hour" TV slot. Live coverage of civil disorder events in Louisville KY. Police were clearing the street and a friggin' cop was firing "pepper bullets" at the MSNBC reporting team. All of a sudden the female reporter shouts: "Ow, Ow." Then she says: "I think the police are firing rubber bullets, ... at me." Then the camera pans over and focuses on a cop aiming a "rifle" directly at the camera, (and me sitting in my chair at home. My jaw dropped in amazement at the size of the cop's huevos.) Turns out that he wasn't firing rubber bullets; he was firing "pepper bullets". (I've got no idea what those are). But still, ... directly at MSNBC's camera. :eek::eek::eek:
The female reporter says into the microphone: I think they want us to move.

And I said to my wife: "Do ya THINK so?!!!"

@Revoltingest, @Sunstone @Kangaroo Feathers
I personally do not think CNN and MSNBC being targeted was a coincidence. Trump frequently attacks them, the badge attracts many RW types, including RW authoritarians. Its why that ****s words matter. He speaks, the **** he spews has consequences.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I am wondering if we should reconsider if “third degree” should really be a lesser charge at all.

Is this level of depraved indifference, of absolute disregard for another person’s life any less disgusting than an intent to kill?

Maybe it is time to start considering depraved indifference to be the higher charge.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
3rd degree murder and manslaughter. For charges against police, this was lightning fast. Not fast enough to prevent rioting.

The fact that he was charged with the lesser crime of manslaughter suggests to me that they think their case on murder is weak.
So do we think he ever would he ever been charged without the protests?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
People are wondering why the Minneapolis police officers haven't been arrested yet, but I think you need to understand that an investigation takes time.
If four black men had been caught kneeling on a bound, dying policeman, you can be damn sure that those who lived through the apprehension would be in jail with the sh!t beaten out of them.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
If four black men had been caught kneeling on a bound, dying policeman, you can be damn sure that those who lived through the apprehension would be in jail with the sh!t beaten out of them.
I think you need to read my whole comment, and maybe buy a new sarcasm detector