• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Offering Thanks to the Goddess?

sol_mas

Spiritual Investigator
I've had an amazing set of blessings from the Goddess lately and, in addition to my normal prayers, would like to offer my thanks to Her in a new-to-me way.

Anyone willing to share / direct me someplace?

Thank you,

sm

Onkara

That is nice to hear sol_mas, :)
I am not sure where you would like to be directed or have shared? If you mean a way to say thanks which is different to your normal way, then you might need to explain what you have in mind or what you normally do to say thanks. You could, for example, express your gratitude by helping others, either with time, food, donation or just sharing your understanding in this thread with us :)

sol_mas

Spiritual Investigator
I was more cryptic than I meant to be. :)

Basically, I'm looking for ways to honor and say thank you to the Goddess. If people have ways they do this (your ideas are great, Onkara), or if someone has a book or website that has ideas they can recommend, I'd like to hear about them.

sm

Onkara

Thanks for clarifying Sol_mas, I would be interested in others response. I am tempted to ask you what you feel like doing to celebrate, what does you inner feelings say?

Kai'a

Freethinker
You can spend additional time with Her, as in going to nature, spending more time out than you would be usually, or do something that is beneficial to protection of nature to show the gratefulness. Not all the thanks have to come forward in ritual settings. >_>

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
"Thank you's" and offerings of things she likes are usually good. If you don't know what she likes, just ask :)

sol_mas

Spiritual Investigator
You can always say a prayer or light a candle, pink is preferable.

Happy Solestice

A candle is a good idea. I like that - thank you. I started writing prayers to her that I can say when I need them.

Thanks for clarifying Sol_mas, I would be interested in others response. I am tempted to ask you what you feel like doing to celebrate, what does you inner feelings say?

Celebrate - I hadn't thought of that! I'll have to think about that one.

My feelings say to find out more about her, which I'm working on. I also feel like I'm being asked to make more time for my relationship with her, which I'm doing.

You can spend additional time with Her, as in going to nature, spending more time out than you would be usually, or do something that is beneficial to protection of nature to show the gratefulness. Not all the thanks have to come forward in ritual settings. >_>

Thanks, Kai'a. This made me think about what else I can do that I'm not doing now. When I started down this path, I became very mindful of my connection to her and her creation, and how much a part of it we are.

"Thank you's" and offerings of things she likes are usually good. If you don't know what she likes, just ask :)

Good ideas - thanks, Gentoo.

--
Everyone, thank you for the good advice and for bearing with me while I 'catch up'. I'm still new to this. Some things feel so comfortable while some feel so foreign...

-sm

I've had an amazing set of blessings from the Goddess lately and, in addition to my normal prayers, would like to offer my thanks to Her in a new-to-me way.

Thank you,

sm

What about paying it forward?

I don't know what your views are, but I believe that love is the essence of Spirit. It is the nature of love to give joyfully and freely of itself; think of how a mother gives to her children and I think you have some idea of how the Goddess gives to us every day of our lives.

So, I would suggest, perform some act of love for another in Her name, and don't tell anyone else about it. Keep it just between you and Her. Of course, the person you're doing it for may have to know of your action, but if so then just do it and let it go at that. If you have to give an explanation, don't give a religious one; simply say that someone did something nice for you and you are "paying it forward." They'll understand that, and won't feel threatened by you as if you were some proselytizing do-gooder. The Goddess will know. And, since we are all Her children, what we do for others we do for Her.

murugan

Thank you,

sm

The best way would be to just say a heartfelt thank you. If you want to add a little more to it means, then you could light incense, decorate your goddess in a special way, leave a food offering, else you can create a piece of art or poetry in her honor.

Am very glad to know that your ritual went well and your goddess is with you always.

sol_mas

Spiritual Investigator
The best way would be to just say a heartfelt thank you. If you want to add a little more to it means, then you could light incense, decorate your goddess in a special way, leave a food offering, else you can create a piece of art or poetry in her honor.

Am very glad to know that your ritual went well and your goddess is with you always.

Thank you. I actually have been writing poems as prayers for Her; I post them on my blog so I have them to help when I can't think of a good prayer.

She's always there, I just sometimes have to remind myself.

-sm

Mata

Insert Witty Title Here

Thank you,

sm
I see on your religion tag it says "Dharmic Goddess path" so maybe looking into certain ways of honoring Buddhist/Hindu goddesses might give you an idea.

I know that some Buddhists offer particular incense to Kuanyin in praise of her. So maybe you can find some traditional (high quality) incense to burn for her?
EDIT: I meant your goddess, not Kuanyin in particular lol. I was just using Kuanyin as an example.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Don't be intimidated in praising the Goddess, mention her. It's difficult in a sense that I do not want to be dis-respectful,
as I am on accident. The visage I was given of her in my mind, she is stunning.

The Athena, I think, or the Isis or Iris. It's confusing if you want to use the mind, no matter how convincing it may be,
the most I can do is praise this Goddess, who remains in my mind, counseling
on occasion, mainly making me shameless, although refined. Her charm and beauty I can not
articulate.

Although there is another whom has blonde hair and seems to associate with the Norse Gods. She is
changing in character on occasion and far more absent from my mind. Stoic or hardy at a time then
a lady.

The mind is a key component in learning through meditations and disciplines. Evil though idols are
entertaining, idol worship is not key.

kundalini_snake

Thank you,

sm

The Eastern puja (which means thanksgiving) ritual usually at basis offers an object for each sense, such as some small food, water, incense, fire, and sound. Pujas can be elaborate to where the deity is given clothes, liquor, meat, and so on. The details of your worship are up to you. A basic puja could be found online anywhere, and I would suggest taking one and exchanging everything in the rite with personal contents.