• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Odin

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
That is actually very interesting. Are they sure it's that old? If so, the detail... That's finer than anything I've seen from the 800's! Wouldn't that be the oldest depiction of a Norse god, as well?

Hildeburh

That is actually very interesting. Are they sure it's that old? If so, the detail... That's finer than anything I've seen from the 800's! Wouldn't that be the oldest depiction of a Norse god, as well?

No clue, I'm following the story as best I can, I also found this recently. It's a few years old but first time I've seen it.

Rare 1,500-year-old Odin amulet found in Denmark

Bad internet at the moment so difficult to research.

Goodman John

I'm already calling shenanigans on the statuette- the style of it is very modern in appearance and unlike anything else found from that period. And the shield is not of the Norse type- it has arms straps when viking-age shields had only a center handle. While the materials might be legitimate, I suspect it's a relatively modern production and not nearly as old as it's being presented.

The other post- the Denmark find- I find intriguing and much more believable.

Hildeburh

I'm already calling shenanigans on the statuette- the style of it is very modern in appearance and unlike anything else found from that period. And the shield is not of the Norse type- it has arms straps when viking-age shields had only a center handle. While the materials might be legitimate, I suspect it's a relatively modern production and not nearly as old as it's being presented.

The other post- the Denmark find- I find intriguing and much more believable.

Agreed. No info on the archeological forums, fake news (as you know who would say)........... Disappointed.