• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Odd sleeping habits

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I sometimes sleep on the floor in my closet instead of my bed. I put down some blankets and a pillow and some of my stuffed animals and to me it's very comfortable. I know it's weird but sometimes it's preferable to me over my bed. Anyone else have weird sleeping habits? Just curious.

VoidCat

This is my closet set up to sleep in:
16694777968988479715566630751765.jpg
I honestly dont know why i sometimes would rather sleep there then my bed. It's just comfortable to me.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I sometimes sleep on the floor in my closet instead of my bed. I put down some blankets and a pillow and some of my stuffed animals and to me it's very comfortable. I know it's weird but sometimes it's preferable to me over my bed. Anyone else have weird sleeping habits? Just curious.

Actually, when I was your age, I slept in my closet, too. It was a nice one!

I don't like beds. They hurt my back. I have a sleeping mat and I sleep in the library on it in front of the glass door. I find seeing the night sky so clearly has kept me better in tune with things.

VoidCat

Actually, when I was your age, I slept in my closet, too. It was a nice one!

I don't like beds. They hurt my back. I have a sleeping mat and I sleep in the library on it in front of the glass door. I find seeing the night sky so clearly has kept me better in tune with things.
That sounds nice. I would sometimes sleep outside as a kid but I can't do that here at the group home. Stars are wonderful to look at while falling asleep.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I don't like sleeping in the open though I'm fine in a room by my self with all of the door closed.
It feels weird to me to think that someone might be watching my body while I'm not in there.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Given that space on smallish sailing yachts is not that generous, most bunks are of minimal width and often with little headroom, but they are surprisingly comfortable. If sleeping whilst on the move, there is usually a length of canvas on the outer edge to make sure one doesn't fall out - given that yachts are often tipped over at a substantial angle when sailing and this changes as the boat tacks. One of the most comfortable berths I had was sleeping in a bunk called a pipe-cot - which can be hinged so as to be out of the way when not in use. This was right up near the bow and the up and down motion of the yacht plowing through the waves was a bit like being back in mum's womb.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I sleep with music playing, often times something like electronic dance or industrial music. The mind focuses on the percussion and that seems to help me sleep.
During colder months I'll sleep with a window open to keep it cold enough to sleep under a pile of blankets.
Sometimes I'll sleep on the floor, as every once in awhile I feel it helps me back feel better.
And when I'm anxious I sleep on my side. So much so I have some arm amd shoulder pains from it.
When I'm really anxious I sleep with the TV on. It's supposed to be really bad for sleep, but there are times when whatever about it helps me sleep.

Erebus

I tend to sleep on my back with my hands on my chest.

I didn't think that was weird until I stayed over at somebody's house and they said something to the effect of, "Please stop sleeping like Dracula. It makes me nervous."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I sleep on the floor too. Like the Japanese. There are more of us than you think.

I also like the fetal position. For me, it's extremely and uncannily comfortable.

Viker

Häxan
Every once in a while I will sleep on the floor near the sliding glass window. I also will sleep on the couch. Sometimes in a hammock on the back porch. My animals prefer that I sleep in the bed or floor. I suppose so they can cuddle.

Audie

Veteran Member

Writing on RF at 3 a.m.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Obviously, it's because you're a cat.

Brian2

Veteran Member

Sounds very cozy.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I tend to sleep on my back with my hands on my chest.

I didn't think that was weird until I stayed over at somebody's house and they said something to the effect of, "Please stop sleeping like Dracula. It makes me nervous."

I think that is a confident position, but I would say that back sleepers probably snore more. But if you have a pillow that keeps your head up a bit so you mouth stays closed the snoring will probably be less.