• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oculus Quest 2

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Oculus_Quest_white.png

I got one yesterday. Was a little hesitant because I had the first Oculus and wasn't impressed.

This is actually kind of neat. You create a safety zone in your current environment which shows up as a grid around you if you start to get too close. Then if you step through shows the actual outside room you are in.

It comes with hand controllers but also can recognize hand gestures.

Let my wife and sister-in-law try and they were pretty amazed. Which, I'm pretty happy about not getting yelled at for spending the money.

Unfortunately, it is pretty narrow so doesn't fit over my glasses.

So far watched some wildlife and flying over the plains in Africa.
After wearing it for 20 mins-half hour, you take it off and reality does not seem quite real anymore.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Tying oculus to having an active facebook account in good standing was a big turnoff for me. But the specs on it are nice. Beat Saber, Synth Riders and Until You Fall also allowed me to get in some cardio variety during lockdown.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Oculus_Quest_white.png

I got one yesterday. Was a little hesitant because I had the first Oculus and wasn't impressed.

This is actually kind of neat. You create a safety zone in your current environment which shows up as a grid around you if you start to get too close. Then if you step through shows the actual outside room you are in.

Let my wife and sister-in-law try and they were pretty amazed. Which, I'm pretty happy about not getting yelled at for spending the money.

After wearing it for 20 mins-half hour, you take it off and reality does not seem quite real anymore.
Can you play minecraft with it? What about 2D games?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Oculus_Quest_white.png

That was one of my biggest contentions on VR headsets.

People with glasses are pretty much being ignored when it comes to designing the headset, plus, why oh why, can't they also have a focus feature so you don't need to wear the glasses?

Who designed these things?

Twilight Hue

Can you play minecraft with it? What about 2D games?
I have a psvr and yep, minecraft is vr compatible with all headsets. . I think Oculus is essentially the same.

2D games are a blast as well as movies. The virtual screen can be as large as an imax screen at your local theater. With headphones, that surround sound brings the big screen in places that will never fit in your personal living space unless you own your personal auditorium.

Twilight Hue

Tying oculus to having an active facebook account in good standing was a big turnoff for me. But the specs on it are nice. Beat Saber, Synth Riders and Until You Fall also allowed me to get in some cardio variety during lockdown.
That was the main reason why I never will buy the Oculus.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That was one of my biggest contentions on VR headsets.

People with glasses are pretty much being ignored when it comes to designing the headset, plus, why oh why, can't they also have a focus feature so you don't need to wear the glasses?

Who designed these things?

$69 they'll create a prescription lens set.
Oculus Quest 2 Prescription Lens Adapter - VR Optician

Just FYI. I haven't tried it so don't really know how well it'd will work.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I'm not a fan of Facebook either but I have an account I seldom use. First thing it did was to ask me to attach a credit card to my account for purchases through Facebook. I didn't, you don't have to but well but you kind of get where the Facebook Oculus relationship is going.