• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

October 5th Is Bring Your Bible To School Day!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've been watching One Americastan News (OAN).
It's a fascinating window into religious conservatism.
And lo!
I discovered this take-your-Bible-to-school-day.

I like the idea, & would bring mine, but the borrower hasn't returned it yet.
(I lent it to another heathen about 40 years ago.)
The+Satanic+Bible.JPG

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Back in high school, I was on the rifle team.
It was a varsity sport, & we were pretty good.
(The team is no more in my very liberal town.)
I brought this to school to read at lunch.....
th

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I have several Bibles. I will do it!

Now, I just have to find a school that will allow a gay male stranger to come in to the school with an armload of Bibles.

That would probably be easy in Revoltistan, because we all know what Those People are like. But here in southern Indiana I would probably just get swarmed by cops.
Tom

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I never heard of this Bring Your Bible To School Day. I did a brief search on it and found this video:

They make it sound like bringing a Bible to school is like some daring act of dissent.

I remember some kids bringing Bibles to school back when I was in high school. The kids who didn't bring Bibles got stoned.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
th
Could you imagine if a teenager brought one of those in today?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
no wonder the Bible was called " the book of the Protestants" before the sixties in Italy
u protestants are obsessed with that book

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Now, I just have to find a school that will allow a gay male stranger to come in to the school with an armload of Bibles.

That would probably be easy in Revoltistan, because we all know what Those People are like. But here in southern Indiana I would probably just get swarmed by cops.
Tom
If you brought a gun as well it clearly meant that you wanted to use Bibles for target practice. Oh, what blasphemy.

Stanyon

WWMRD?

Tom

I think that any male stranger that walks into a school to hand things out to children should be swarmed by police.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
That would probably be easy in Revoltistan, because we all know what Those People are like
They.are.kind.and.prosperous.people... look at camera and smile... they.welcome.all.ideas.even.if.they- I can't do this, I'm sorr- *gun shots*

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
th
Oh my! Zero tolerance, ZERO TOLERANCE!!. You have triggered me, EEK!! It gets worse there are triggers on guns. Now I am triggered about being triggered!!

Will the violence never end?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Wondering...
Why would Rev be watching this channel, One America News (OAN) ?

Last edited by a moderator:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I think that any male stranger that walks into a school to hand things out to children should be swarmed by police.
Yeah,
because you Christians put your faith in fire power, not God.
Here where I live, I am surrounded by Christians.
Tom