• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Occultism

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
My explanation is that the person who found Christianity to be evil and harmful and left it only knew a religion and left a religion organization... such a person never ever knew the True and Living Personal God, the loving Almighty Creator of heaven and earth.

Can't the same be said about any testimonies?

blackout

Violet.
Life would not be the same if all the occult factions vanished.

Care to elaborate?

Can you just imagine hollywood and christianity without their supernatural evil icons?

I'm not sure who would suffer the loss most.
I think hollywood.

The world would lose an entire genre of 'horror' entertainment, superstition and scapegoating.

What could possibly fill the void?
people love that stuff.

Fear of the Unknown .... the Unseen... the Dark....
Mysterious Power Filled Icons and Symbols....
Circles and Stars on the floor of a dark attic...
outlined in black candles....
entities to fear.... 'spiritual' enslavement/posession....
'evil pacts' resulting in 'impossible diabolical acts'....

It's Dark Mythology.

Superstition pushers only thrive because of all the superstition junkies.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
Mass marketed commercial retail helps fuel the superstition regarding certain 'taboo' symbols as well,
by simply not offering the 'bad taboo' symbols along side the 'good religious' symbols
in their stores.
You can't find a single pentagram pointed any which way in a chain craft store.
(or mainstream store jewelery selection)
Nothing that says "Wiccan" or "Occult" or ... or....
Yet there are crosses galore, stars of David,
you can find a Buddah here and a dancing Shiva there,
but a star outline, or a star outline in a circle? no way.
It's taBOO!

You have to go out of your way to an occult venue,
or a 'naughty' store
to buy such a thing. :rolleyes:
Or wait till halloween for some cheap costume accessory labeled 'adult'. lol
(we all know how 'adult' basic geometric shapes are)

It all adds to the ordinary person's ... avoidance... and personal non-contact
with the symbols set aside by main stream religion and pop culture mythology
(hollywood) for 'dark superstition'.
It sets them apart... as 'untouchable'... and personally 'unknown'.... or, quite literally, unheld.

Funny thing is, all of this actually does infuse these symbols and icons
with some 'Set apart' power,(namely fear and superstition), in the minds of the masses.

Psycodrama may often be powered by symbol and myth
but it comes to life in the human mind.

Last edited:
There are a lot of occultists and a lot of them have functioned in the forefront of the media. There are signs that they might be vanishing, but that would still leave a void where they had been. And discussions they had been concerned in would not be continuable.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
There are a lot of occultists and a lot of them have functioned in the forefront of the media. There are signs that they might be vanishing, but that would still leave a void where they had been. And discussions they had been concerned in would not be continuable.

Yeah... I don't think many occultists are involved in the media. Many are in writing, art, movies and such. Look at Walt Disney, Tim Burton, Alan Moore, and many many more. But I don't think an occultist would waste their time in a corrupt, white, male, conservative Christian business like the media.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe John Thiel meant something else by "occultist?" As far as I'm aware, there are very few people who self-identify openly as occultists in the mainstream media. As a fringe and often misunderstood subculture, they're often as in the broom closet as Neopagans (perhaps more so?).

blackout

Violet.
"Occultists" don't generally announce and reveal themselves as such.
Occult meaning hidden, covered, veiled, eclipsed and all.....

No, the map is not the territory,
but is it possible that sometimes the territory is also the map?

Occult knowledge is knowledge sought of things unknown but relevant to the spirit. It seems the word means of the nature of that sought by cults. Cults are formed to investigate the unknown or what is unknown in the known. That's my understanding of it.