• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Occult Practice and Divination

Draupadi

Can anyone prove to me from the Quran that ALL FORMS of occult practice and divination are forbidden, including the ones that are done Islamically? As much as I know the Quran forbids divination by arrows and magic taught by the djinns of Prophet Solomon. If all forms were forbidden, couldn't God have said that directly instead of giving specific examples?

Union

Can anyone prove to me from the Quran that ALL FORMS of occult practice and divination are forbidden, including the ones that are done Islamically? As much as I know the Quran forbids divination by arrows and magic taught by the djinns of Prophet Solomon. If all forms were forbidden, couldn't God have said that directly instead of giving specific examples?

This is one the facts that Almighy ALLAH gives a great emphasis . Knowledge of unseesn , according to the Qur'an only belongs to HIM , the Exalted . Only one verse made it exception for the Messengers , who HE , the Majestic wills .

[003:179] God will not leave the believers in the state in which ye are now, until He separates what is evil from what is good nor will He disclose to you the secrets of the Unseen. But He chooses of His Apostles (For the purpose) whom He pleases. So believe in God. And His apostles: And if ye believe and do right, ye have a reward without measure.

For example , Prophet Isa told the coming of Ahmed , Prophet Noah told his people the calamity of flood , Prophet Joseph predicted the drought of Egypt etc .

Therefore it is safe to say that fortune-telling , divination and related acts are not within the capacity and intelligence of human kind and if someone claims so , he is certainly fraud , unless he proves first that he is a messenger of Almighty ALLAH .

Draupadi

I have downloaded a book that contains lessons on Kabbalistic magic. The writer says that the God of Kabbala is one and the various names in the system are His attributes; concepts that I find similar to our belief. So instead of doing rituals calling upon Yahweh, can I do that by calling upon Allah (although I know they are both the same)? It's like modifying non-Islamic stuff into Islamic ones.

Union

I have downloaded a book that contains lessons on Kabbalistic magic. The writer says that the God of Kabbala is one and the various names in the system are His attributes; concepts that I find similar to our belief. So instead of doing rituals calling upon Yahweh, can I do that by calling upon Allah (although I know they are both the same)? It's like modifying non-Islamic stuff into Islamic ones.

I am not so sure of what is going on in your mind , but magic for good reasons is not forbidden in Qur'an . The other case , to practice magic in harming people, is condemned :

[002:102] They followed what the Shayatin (devils) gave out (falsely of the magic) in the lifetime of Sulaiman (Solomon). Sulaiman did not disbelieve, but the Shayatin (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels, Haroot and Maroot, ]but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, "We are only for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us)." And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between man and his wife, but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allahs Leave. And they learn that which harms them and profits them not. And indeed they knew that the buyers of it (magic) would have no share in the Hereafter. And how bad indeed was that for which they sold their ownselves, if they but knew