• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Occasio-Cortez on Medicare for all.

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
She came from a working class family, dealt with her father dying to cancer while in school and still graduated cum laude. She can't be all that stupid.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I believe that is where we landed; a lot of criticism but little actual evidence.
I don't have any particular dog in the fight. I know very little about her and oppose Democrats on general principle. That said, I like to see my political fellows abide by the same standards we would look for in others. Saying "well just listen to her" isn't a good enough reason to condemn people we like, it shouldn't be offered against people we don't like either.

youknowme

I don't have any particular dog in the fight. I know very little about here and oppose Democrats on general principle. That said, I like to see my political fellows abide by the same standards we would look for in others. Saying "well just listen to her" isn't a good enough reason to condemn people we like, it shouldn't be offered against people we don't like either.

I also don't have much claim in it, outside this discussion I rarely thought about her. I just noticed the narrative was being pushed without a shred of evidence.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Why? Just watch the dimwit.
Why? Show us the video. And don't link some RW entertainment blog.
Such a simple task and you've yet to do anything but repeat what RW blogs tell you about her.

(they don't provide evidence either)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I also don't have much claim in it, outside this discussion I rarely thought about her. I just noticed the narrative was being pushed without a shred of evidence.
I do appreciate that. I really do. I guess I'm just suffering from "we hold these truths to be self-evident" syndrome.

Such a simple task and you've yet to do anything but repeat what RW blogs tell you about her.

I also assume people are familiar with a new thing called "GOOGLE". If you are old fashioned try, Yahoo or perhaps MicroSoft Bing.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

She does rather seem to be the tribal right's punching bag du jour.

youknowme

I do appreciate that. I really do. I guess I'm just suffering from "we hold these truths to be self-evident" syndrome.

I don't feel that the Declaration of Independence is a good excuse to go around calling other people stupid.

youknowme

I also assume people are familiar with a new thing called "GOOGLE". If you are old fashioned try, Yahoo or perhaps MicroSoft Bing.

I did Google her, that is where I got the info on her family and her education. Did you Google her?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Present some "truths" first, at least? Then we can decide whether they're self evident.
The first one that comes to mind is that employment is low because everyone is working two jobs. She doesn't give any context, just carries on as if it's an obvious answer. :rolleyes:

Ocasio-Cortez wrong on several counts about unemployment

Breathtaking stuff for someone who has studied economics to claim. Maybe she was just excited about being interviewed on TV. Who knows?

I did Google her, that is where I got the info on her family and her education. Did you Google her?
Indeed, I have. I already said she is a charming young lady. Smart people say stupid things. Stupid people don't know what they are saying is stupid.

youknowme

Really the Right is only making her more popular by their constant attacks, which will only give her more leeway in Congress.

Shad

Veteran Member
Really the Right is only making her more popular by their constant attacks, which will only give her more leeway in Congress.

Bad press is still press coverage I guess. Rising popularity just reinforces my view the voter base is a major problem.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Like threatening private citizens with subpoena power she does not yet have (and may never have)? I'm not entirely sure I want politicians to have that kind of leeway.

youknowme

The first one that comes to mind is that employment is low because everyone is working two jobs. She doesn't give any context, just carries on as if it's an obvious answer. :rolleyes:

Ocasio-Cortez wrong on several counts about unemployment

Breathtaking stuff for someone who has studied economics to claim. Maybe she was just excited about being interviewed on TV. Who knows?

Indeed, I have. I already said she is a charming young lady. Smart people say stupid things. Stupid people don't know what they are saying is stupid.

Thank you for the link I will take it into consideration. Although, I hope you can understand why I can't consider this single event as conclusive evidence. Politicians misspeak all the time, this is not really anything out of the ordinary.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Thank you for the link I will take it into consideration. Although, I hope you can understand why I can't consider this single event as conclusive evidence. Politicians misspeak all the time, this is not really anything out of the ordinary.
It wasn't a misspeak (god, I hate that expression). She meant it and made no effort to correct her statement (when she easily could have).