• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obssessive Gaming

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Does anyone else get obsessed with the game they spend most of their time on at a particular time? Like if I play Dragon Age Inquisition I obsess about it, I buy the books, I screenshot 300 images, and post a load of them. I constantly want to talk about the game and it is all I want to do with my days. Then I overdose on it and I take a break and do something else like art or writing for a while.

Please tell me I am not alone so I dont feel like a nutball lol.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
You are SO not alone. :D

I'm not that familiar with Dragon Age, but I do go through "phases" of being obsessed with particular games for a while.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
I remember being obsessed with Assassin's creed. The first three, only. However i pre-ordered Revelations and read that massive book it came with it. Still have it.

The Neo Nerd

I remember being obsessed with Assassin's creed. The first three, only. However i pre-ordered Revelations and read that massive book it came with it. Still have it.
My god i love assassins creed.

It started to get a bit stale with Unity (which was horrible on multiple levels) but i am enjoying Syndicate.

I still think number three was the best so far.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
My god i love assassins creed.

It started to get a bit stale with Unity (which was horrible on multiple levels) but i am enjoying Syndicate.

I still think number three was the best so far.
3rd one was when it dropped of for me. I dunno. I just cared less. And i'm Turkish! It was a cool game through. But i felt it lost something. AC4 was ok, i liked the character. Rahtonaketon. Yep. Still remember. :D Rest are trash. Pirates are boring, hate the ship warfare, and i din't even finish unity. Not even gonna play syndicate.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
I remember being blown away at the ending of Brotherhood. It was so amazing. I was 15 at the time.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not often, but sometimes. I was very much obsessed with vanilla World of Warcraft and The Burning Crusade, but Blizzard butchered the magic and wonder in a most horrible and gruesome way when they released Wraith of the Lich King. I tend to obsess over Elder Scrolls games, though I've not gotten any guides or anything else for them. I just love the games and can easily get lost in conversation about them as if I am discussing ancient Greek or Egyptian beliefs and culture. Some of the Legend of Zelda games I obsess over, primarily the first two, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess. And Castlevania games I definitely obsess over. I've played and beaten them all, know the dialogue of some of the games line-for-line, have pre-ordered many of them, have some collectors items, I have nearly gotten the platinum trophy for the Lords of Shadow games, have played various ones under certain challenge stipulations, I have the soundtracks the games and I listen to them regularly, and I even know how to play several of the songs on guitar and bass. Sometimes I even wish I could erase my knowledge of the games just to relive the first time thrill and face the challenge of the games again - except for the first one and Dracula's Curse, which on their own even on normal mode are widely considered two of the hardest games ever, and because apparently they thought normal wasn't already hard enough they added hard mode, which is way beyond wickedly difficult.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My hours on league are in the 4 digit's. Unfortunately.
I've hit the four-digit hours on Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - with just Shanoa alone, and hundreds more with the other characters (quite the feat considering I clear most levels in just a few minutes). I've probably also hit the 4-digit mark with Symphony of the Night, given it's been out for almost 20 years and I replay it a few times a year and I've even played the Japanese version.
I've probably also hit the 4-digit mark on Diablo 2, and probably World of Warcraft, and maybe even Star Craft. And all of the Disgaea games, but only combined rather than each individual one.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've hit the four-digit hours on Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - with just Shanoa alone, and hundreds more with the other characters (quite the feat considering I clear most levels in just a few minutes). I've probably also hit the 4-digit mark with Symphony of the Night, given it's been out for almost 20 years and I replay it a few times a year and I've even played the Japanese version.
I've probably also hit the 4-digit mark on Diablo 2, and probably World of Warcraft, and maybe even Star Craft. And all of the Disgaea games, but only combined rather than each individual one.
Good Lord! :eek:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Good Lord! :eek:
Yeah, I game...a lot. I was even considering a career making video games, but at the time I had zero confidence in my artistic skills, and submitting art work you've done was a part of the application process where I was looking at going. As much as I game, it's a wonder that I've also managed to get as much reading done as I have.
But, I did discover though there is a thrill and delight to seeing your name on top of the leader board, which I held at least for awhile on several levels, single player and co-op, on the PS3 version of Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. It actually makes me curious to see if any of my scores are still standing.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yeah, I game...a lot. I was even considering a career making video games, but at the time I had zero confidence in my artistic skills, and submitting art work you've done was a part of the application process where I was looking at going. As much as I game, it's a wonder that I've also managed to get as much reading done as I have.
But, I did discover though there is a thrill and delight to seeing your name on top of the leader board, which I held at least for awhile on several levels, single player and co-op, on the PS3 version of Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. It actually makes me curious to see if any of my scores are still standing.
I'm not that much of a gamer. I played GTA Online for the first time this morning and kept getting killed by other players over and over. I was just minding my own business and didn't even have a care most of the time. So rude. :D

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I am so very glad I am not alone! The games I mainly obsessed with were Elder Scrolls Online, Skyrim, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect, The Sims...Huniepop lol.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I remember playing and obsessing with Dragon Age Origins so much that my dreams were Dragon Age based lol.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Would put in an obscene amount of hours into Everquest and then later World of Warcraft way back in the day. MMOs have a way of consuming large amounts of time.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Damn, I have been royally demoted on the Castlevania: HD leaderboards. My highest position is only at 20 for local co-op, hard difficult, Chapter 2.
I remember playing and obsessing with Dragon Age Origins so much that my dreams were Dragon Age based lol.
I had a couple of StarCraft dreams myself, lol.

The Neo Nerd

3rd one was when it dropped of for me. I dunno. I just cared less. And i'm Turkish! It was a cool game through. But i felt it lost something. AC4 was ok, i liked the character. Rahtonaketon. Yep. Still remember. :D Rest are trash. Pirates are boring, hate the ship warfare, and i din't even finish unity. Not even gonna play syndicate.

3 is the one with Rahtonaketon. I really enjoyed the hunting in that game and the fight mechanics were the best so far.

I was definitely not fond of the ship fighting part of the game. But if someone took the game engine from black flag and made a piratey type of game unrelated to AC i'd probably play it.

If you find a cheap copy of Syndicate i suggest giving it a go. It is so much better than Unity (a turd simulator game would be better than that game). Having two main characters, one being combat and one being stealth opens up the game wonderfully.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
3 is the one with Rahtonaketon. I really enjoyed the hunting in that game and the fight mechanics were the best so far.

I was definitely not fond of the ship fighting part of the game. But if someone took the game engine from black flag and made a piratey type of game unrelated to AC i'd probably play it.

If you find a cheap copy of Syndicate i suggest giving it a go. It is so much better than Unity (a turd simulator game would be better than that game). Having two main characters, one being combat and one being stealth opens up the game wonderfully.
It's called that but the third game was Revelations. I'm done with the AC franchise. I might see the AC movie if it's really good.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I'm not that much of a gamer. I played GTA Online for the first time this morning and kept getting killed by other players over and over. I was just minding my own business and didn't even have a care most of the time. So rude. :D

I remember my gf having a go at Forza Horizon 2 in multiplayer mode and having people yelling at her for getting in their way lol.