• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Observations promoting Intelligence behind life & support systems

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Well, that is sort of what I am observing. As you say, "we lack the necessary knowledge to reproduce it". Knowledge and design are necessary.

Good-Ole-Rebel

ow dear

We also lack the necessary knowledge to make hurricanes form on demand. Therefor, there are undetectable entities making hurricanes form?

You are making below zero sense.

It's like you have taken the argument from ignorance and then implemented a version of it after beefing it up with steroids and then doubling down on it.

tas8831

Google the human robots. I'm sure you can find it. I was certainly impressed with them.
Good for you.
That supports creationism how, again?
Good flags all.
The white flag of southern surrender is the best.
I like em. And there are others. Actually, the South never surrendered. Yes, we were beaten militarily and our armies at individual times surrendered. Appomattox was the surrender of Lees Army. The war continued on for several months later. But the Confederate Government never surrendered.
Right - it dissolved.

The government of a hostile foreign nation that attacked the Union in order to preserve the most important states' right - slavery. What a legacy!
That or traitors, whichever one might prefer to be known as.
Just show me the surrender papers signed by Jeff Davis. Good luck.
Indeed - he ran off and hid. Can't sign anything when you run away.

In fact, just like I have showed in other threads on this forum, Jeff Davis was never brought to trial as a traitor, because the North knew that if it went to trial, they would be the ones guilty of treason. Not the South.
LOL!
Good one...
Right, Ok... So in addition to scientific revisionism, you are into historical revisionism.
So, do a little more history on the flags of the Confederacy.

OK... Oh look what I found:

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States

Georgia

The people of Georgia having dissolved their political connection with the Government of the United States of America, present to their confederates and the world the causes which have led to the separation. For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slave-holding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery....
While it attracts to itself by its creed the scattered advocates of exploded political heresies, of condemned theories in political economy, the advocates of commercial restrictions, of protection, of special privileges, of waste and corruption in the administration of Government, anti-slavery is its mission and its purpose. By anti-slavery it is made a power in the state. The question of slavery was the great difficulty in the way of the formation of the Constitution.

While the subordination and the political and social inequality of the African race was fully conceded by all, it was plainly apparent that slavery would soon disappear from what are now the non-slave-holding States of the original thirteen. The opposition to slavery was then, as now, general in those States and the Constitution was made with direct reference to that fact. ...
The prohibition of slavery in the Territories is the cardinal principle of this organization....

Mississippi
A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union.

In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization....
It has nullified the Fugitive Slave Law in almost every free State in the Union, and has utterly broken the compact which our fathers pledged their faith to maintain...

It [the union]advocates negro equality, socially and politically, and promotes insurrection and incendiarism in our midst.

Texas
A Declaration of the Causes which Impel the State of Texas to Secede from the Federal Union.

...She [Texas] was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery-- the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits-- a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time. Her institutions and geographical position established the strongest ties between her and other slave-holding States of the confederacy. Those ties have been strengthened by association. But what has been the course of the government of the United States, and of the people and authorities of the non-slave-holding States, since our connection with them?...
In all the non-slave-holding States, in violation of that good faith and comity which should exist between entirely distinct nations, the people have formed themselves into a great sectional party, now strong enough in numbers to control the affairs of each of those States, based upon an unnatural feeling of hostility to these Southern States and their beneficent and patriarchal system of African slavery, proclaiming the debasing doctrine of equality of all men, irrespective of race or color-- a doctrine at war with nature, in opposition to the experience of mankind, and in violation of the plainest revelations of Divine Law. They demand the abolition of negro slavery throughout the confederacy, the recognition of political equality between the white and negro races, and avow their determination to press on their crusade against us, so long as a negro slave remains in these States.​

Such a proud pro-slavery heritage....
But at least Jeff Davis didn't surrender! Yeee haw!

Sherman had the right idea.

Bye bye - I have no interest in communicating with a pro-slavery anti-science religionist.

tas8831

Lol. All you expose, is your rudeness. If you presented some sourced counter-arguments, you might have a point. But you don’t.

There’s no discussion, just ad homs.

Even you...you cry about not presenting evidence, but when I did, you just said, “Nah, I’ll take your word for it.”

Sad
At least you didn't plagiarize again.

I thought you put me on ignore?

Funny thing - when I'm on ignore, I can still see your posts. So I will still root out plagiarism and point out your many errors. You just won't be able to see them. Then you might start to wonder what other posters are laughing at you about.

Amazing - all of this could be avoided if you would just stop plagiarizing, paraphrasing, and embellishing the claims of other creationists, embellishing and spinning quotes from malcontents, and presenting irrelevancies without comment as 'arguments.'

But, hey - a creationist has got to creationist...

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Even you...you cry about not presenting evidence, but when I did, you just said, “Nah, I’ll take your word for it.”
Did you present evidence, or did you just post a link to alleged evidence?

Actually you did neither.
Have you spent time doing an in-depth study of the Scriptures? Did you come to realize that Hellfire is not Biblical? Have you, on your own, found the Comma Johannum to have not been in the O.M. (Original Manuscripts)?
Surely, you can figure that out.

Nah. I'll just take your word for it.
What you did was ask if I spent time looking for HellFire in scripture. What you did was ask a question about Comma Johannum.

So, your concept of providing evidence is asking questions and letting others "figure it out".

And then you wonder why people laugh. But I do understand your problem. You have nothing, so you have to duck and dodge and evade and make silly posts and call them "evidence".

Last edited:

tas8831

Well, it isn't clear what *specified* information consists of. Who does the specifying? And how can we know?
We can only know by after-the-fact analysis - and this is straight from the mouths of ID advocates.

Well, not in so many words of course, for those words would have condemned IC/ID/CSI to the trash heap even for other science-savvy ID supporters.

Many years ago, I presented a sequence of DNA that I had copied from Genbank onto a now defunct IDC discussion forum, and challenged IDCs to measure the CSI.

EVERY one of them asked 'What is it? Is it a gene? What does it make'?' I asked them why they would need to know. They told me that if it was functional, the CSI would be more than if it was noncoding. I told them that this means that the whole concept is just post-hoc equivocation. They said I hated Jesus.
I laughed.

tas8831

Easy...

By using currently accepted empirical methods....all complex information that’s been discovered, in most fields of science except in the life & earth sciences, always recognizes mind as its source.
Even SETI is set up that way, determining intelligence as the cause of even simple things, like patterns. They’ve so far looked in vain, but that’s the way they expect to achieve their objective.
All of these currently accepted empirical methods detect the human mind as the source for information in things humans have made or in ways that humans have defined information.

tas8831

^^ this — what you posted — is information...specified and complex.

“ouvheYattoeymnernaaindeenif””ststniotenincomrafnoi” is nothing.

“Youhaveyettodefine"information"inaconsistentmanner” is discernible, complex, usable information.

“You have yet to define "information" in a consistent manner” is specified, complex information.

Not too hard to grasp, I hope.

Do these have CSI? Or just gibberish?

Llanfihangel Tre’r Beirdd
Rhosllannerchrugog
Schmetterling

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Is a hurricane more complex then a walking cane?
Yes:

FD9872_foldp.jpg

HurryCane® Freedom Edition All-Terrain Cane

tas8831

The entire scientific communicty already did.
Even a conservative judge did.

In fact, Behe HIMSELF admitted under oath that for ID to be called "science", he had to redefine what a scientific theory actually is.... AND that under this new definition, Astrology (you know... horoscopes) ALSO qualifies as a scientific theory.

This is the calibre of the people you are holding up here..... guys who admitted themselves that if their nonsense is science, then horoscopes are also science.

Take a hint..................................

:rolleyes:
Behe also said that, unlike every other scientist in history (except for the theoretical types), it is not up to him to provide support for his own claims, so Hockey and others demanding evidence for, say, abiogenesis is rather hypocritical...

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Well then, you tell me: what complexity, exactly, originating solely through natural Darwinian mechanisms, has been verified conclusively?
*sigh*

And here we go again....you throw in an extra, subjective qualifier ("verified conclusively"), which means if I were to provide you a paper the first thing you'd do is search it for words such as "likely", "probably", or "possibly" and as soon as you find one (regardless of context), you'll use it to declare that it isn't "conclusive". Then you'll never have to think about it again.

You did the same thing with "obvious precursors" in another thread, and like I noted then.....your defense mechanisms are very obvious and transparent.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Google the human robots. I'm sure you can find it. I was certainly impressed with them.

Good flags all. I like em. And there are others. Actually, the South never surrendered. Yes, we were beaten militarily and our armies at individual times surrendered. Appomattox was the surrender of Lees Army. The war continued on for several months later. But the Confederate Government never surrendered.

Just show me the surrender papers signed by Jeff Davis. Good luck.

In fact, just like I have showed in other threads on this forum, Jeff Davis was never brought to trial as a traitor, because the North knew that if it went to trial, they would be the ones guilty of treason. Not the South.

So, do a little more history on the flags of the Confederacy.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Your posts seem extremely familiar. Did you go by "Stranger" at Christianityboard?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Well, that is sort of what I am observing. As you say, "we lack the necessary knowledge to reproduce it". Knowledge and design are necessary.

Good-Ole-Rebel
It's not that difficult.....

If you want to find out where robots come from, you go to a robot factory and watch them being made.

If you want to find out where humans come from, you go to a hospital and watch them being born.

Those are completely different processes. If you can't grasp that, then there's little hope for you.