• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obligatory Israeli Elections Thread

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Today is Israel's 4th round of elections in the last two years.

31288ImageFile2.jpg

I myself voted for a party that I'm not certain will reach the minimum number of votes, but here's hoping.

There will be no Bibi Netanyahu-bashing on this thread, not because I like him, but because I'm tired of the political bashing, especially here on RF.

Israel-bashing is most certainly off the table here.

Carry on.

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-23_10-21-52.png
    upload_2021-3-23_10-21-52.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 1

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
@Harel13 by forbidding certain comments here you write as if you are speaking for staff. But since it was not written in red, your demand that certain topics are off the table because you are the ruler of the thread is invalid.

Israel represents a classic example of the problems of a parliamentary system just like Italy does. There are some in the US that wish we had such a system, but based on Israel's example, I'm against it.

There is also a contrast between the US where someone accused of a crime demands that he not be tried while still in office and Israel where the trial goes on. I'll be very curious to see what happens if Netanyahu is convicted.

Another part of the I'll write what is in the rules is the coverage that is being given to the trial and the impact on voting groups: If Netanyahu is convicted, the 'second' Israel will be dethroned | Opinion

And if the mess in Israel is not crazy enough, an Islamist party might be willing to join Netanyahu's coalition government. Israel's Arab parties split in boost for Netanyahu

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
@Harel13 by forbidding certain comments here you write as if you are speaking for staff. But since it was not written in red, your demand that certain topics are off the table because you are the ruler of the thread is invalid.
I was defining what I consider off-topic for the thread. The off-topic zone is something that exists in all threads (except, perhaps, games/jokes/etc). It is not my intention to delete posts myself, but to report such posts to the staff for their decision, as other members regularly report posts they deem off-topic in their own threads. Now, what have you?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Furthermore, @sun rise, if you wish to bash anyone, you may create as many threads of your own as you wish.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
It's looking like the party I voted for will pass, with maybe even a couple of extra seats. :)

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
This is to some degree speculation on my part, but pro-Likud bloc does seem to gain more and more votes every election - or rather, I suspect, based on what I've read, that people increasingly stop going to these elections, increasing the portion of hardcore Netanyahu supporters and detractors. So who knows, maybe they only need to do this a couple more times until Netanyahu's bloc finally emerges as the clear winner.