• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama looks like the Manchurian candidate

Unes

Premium Member
Obama looks like the Manchurian candidate; Obama entered into the Democrat camp to win their nomination and then lose it to the Republican. That is the only plausible rational that I can make for this Democrat’s tragedy! Obama team campaigned so effective against Hilary Clinton and now against McCain they are campaigning so stupidly!

Obama defeated the mighty Clinton political machine, but since he won the democratic nomination he has become a helpless punching bag for the McCain’s attack machine.

In all fairness to Obama I should admit Dukakis, Gore, Kerry they all acted the same way!

May God Bless Us All,
Unes

Last edited:

Unes

Premium Member
Jayhawker Soule, where have you been!?
By the 8 years Republican records the Democrats should be ahead in the poles by at least 30 – 35 points. Last pole that I heard; McCain pulled ahead!

Jon Steward in 90 second he discredit McCain with such clarity and humor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa20q2s2BRs

The following links brings up many damning issues against McCain. McCain can be discredited with any of these points. These groups are small operations. They do not have the resources which the Obama Camp possesses, but they do make clear cut points which totally discredit Sen. McCain’s positions on the important issues of this presidential election. And yet Obama camp fails to have any coherent message.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c

http://therealmccain.com/squad/?utm_source=rgemail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXZbIGJrDkg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK_9sI7hzAc

May God Bless Us All,
Unes

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

It's mildly ironic that we all have a similar sense of humor. :biglaugh:

Watchmen

Premium Member
Unes, the problem with your rationale is that it ignores the fact that millions of Americans choose to remain ignorant. In the information age we can choose the news we want to hear and we choose that which confirms our own beliefs. Thus, the information you posted and the things being shared by others will never be received by the Bush/McCain crowd. If they do receive the information it will be through the filters of the organizations they do choose to listen through. Because of this, there is a large group of people who will continue to support McCain and the polls and indeed, the election will be close.

Unes

Premium Member
DisneyMan said:
Unes, the problem with your rationale is that it ignores the fact that millions of Americans choose to remain ignorant.
I strongly disagree with this assessment. I alleged that Obama does not do his Job. He is not using many damning issues which would discredit McCain totally. Instead, they are pointing out that McCain is computer illiterate, or McCain does not use email!? This is like a bad joke! And the Joke is on us! If those ignorant Americans are getting hit by many twisted ads from the McCain camp, which some independent observers call them bordering lies, and Obama camp sitting ideal and let all those lies to pass through, then those busy Americans who are not as sophisticated as you are naturally would fall for those deceptions. My whole argument is why Obama who was so brilliant campaigning against Hilary Clinton, now acting so timidly!? We saw what happened with Sen. John Kerry, Obama is following the same path. It is implausible that the Republicans be so good at confusing the public and the Democrats be so inapt not being able to make their case. Today there are many devastating issues which the Republicans are totally responsible for them.

It was announced that since Obama camp had great advantage in Internet fundraising, he refused public funding for his campaign. Obama camp announced because of this big advantage in campaign fundraising, they were going to challenged McCain even in the states which are traditionally Republicans’ stronghold. I live in California, and I usually watch NBC national news. Since couple weeks ago, in that half hour of NBC national News I have seen one McCain ad every night. California is a stronghold for the Democrats. I have not seen any Obama ad yet. This is totally opposite of what was announced by the Obama camp! This activity is supposed to be the other way around! The rhetoric is saying one thing but the real action goes in opposite direction! Everything functions in a strange way, which defies any logic. So, by these ads which are bordering lies, I won’t be surprised if at the end many curios observers to get fooled and favor McCain!

Just ONE Flip Flop vote which Sen. Kerry had done 15 years earlier regarding the 50 cent gasoline tax defeated him, and now we have many recent Flip Flops by McCain that the comedians have a field day and yet the Obama camp totally ignoring them. And the question arises why!? Aren’t these Democrats interested to win this presidency!? There is something fundamentally wrong here and blaming that on the Ignorant American is quite unfair. Why don’t you acknowledge about the fifty percent of the same ignorant Americans who gave up this masquerade altogether? They stopped voting. The same ignorant Americans were intelligent enough to recognize this masquerade properly and they gave up participating in these elections! This is only us, the wishful people, who hope maybe this time a real change is going to come to the American Government, and the American voters take control of their Government! And when you listen to Kevin Phillips in Bill Moyers, even Obama Presidency will not change anything!

Kevin Phillips on Bill Moyers: Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

May God Bless Us All,
Unes

Last edited:

OutOfTime

omg one of you actually agree that Manchurian candidates exist. i don't exactly see him as one though. i see him more as a blood sacrifice.

as in...he'll win the election without problem (personally i think they're all rigged) and then he'll be assassinated or something...die in office is the point.

Unes

Premium Member
Drew Westen analyzed Obama speech on "The Huffington Post"
Drew Westen: The Day the Momentum Changed: And What Obama Needs to Do in the Debates to Keep It

In his article Drew Westen wrote:

"He (Obama) took his listeners back two years, to February 2006, when he introduced legislation to prevent fraudulent or abusive mortgage practices. "A year later," he went on, "before the crisis hit, I warned Secretary Paulson and Chairman Bernanke about the risks of mounting foreclosures and urged them to bring together all the stakeholders to find solutions to the sub prime mortgage meltdown. Senator McCain did nothing!"

Yes, I thought this was a very effective speech. As Drew Westen claims the speech boosted Obama standing in the polls. But funny thing is this; just the day after Obama's speech McCain claimed exactly similar thing; that it was him who two years earlier introduced legislation to control the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and he talked to the treasury department, and Sen. Obama did Noting!!! McCain camp actually has put this message in their ad and they played it every night for a week! And I have not seen anybody to complaint or to challenge McCain's claim! And there is no truth is advertising! Anything goes!!

This consistency which McCain is delivering this effective message without any challenge from anybody, made me to believe; maybe this message originally was meant to be delivered to McCain camp, but by mistake they delivered it to Obama camp! And then it was corrected and now the McCain camp is hammering it to unsuspected public!

May God Bless Us All,
Unes

Last edited:

Watchmen

Premium Member
Anyone still think Obama is a Manchurian candidate?

He leads in every battleground state except Missouri.

It's (almost) in the bag! :) (knock on wood)