• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama’s failed foreign policies

uberrobonomicon4000

Are those who voted for Obama happy he is taking a libertarian stance on foreign policy after his failure to maintain it? As in, taking two steps back from his failed approach, and letting the warfare in Israel and Gaza (Egypt, etc.) take place without U.S. involvement.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Are those who voted for Obama happy he is taking a libertarian stance on foreign policy after his failure to maintain it? As in, taking two steps back from his failed approach, and letting the warfare in Israel and Gaza (Egypt, etc.) take place without U.S. involvement.

I'm still trying to decide if yours is just some trolling post purposed to inflame alone, or has some value worthy of thoughtful reply...

Tell you what, as a middle-aged liberal white guy having merrily voted for Obama twice now... I'll offer you this singular perspective...

1) Obama is hardly an exampled "Libertarian"
2) IF Obama were a "Libertarian", he'd look you right in the eye and say any engagement in foreign affairs was meddling in the sovereignty of other free nations (see-- Ron Paul). Too bad he's no Libertarian... I suppose...

Just curious, now that you initiated this thread and own the floor here... what should have been Obama's/US "successful" foreign policy comportment in this specific instance?

What better course/policy should we silly people that voted for Obama be insisting upon instead?

Rant away as you please, or share some insight and wisdom as you may have to offer as informed rebuttal...

I promise that as an Obama supporter, I'll listen and offer you a considered reply...so have at it :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Obama....libertarian?
In case you haven't noticed, we're still at war in Iraq (despite claims otherwise) & Afghanistan.
We're still giving away a vast fortune yearly to people who despise us (eg, Pakistan).
And we're up to our neck in obligations to give money & military aid to Israel.
If Obama is libertarian, then I'm your grandmother.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
You can't be serious......:facepalm:

Are those who voted for Obama happy he is taking a libertarian stance on foreign policy after his failure to maintain it?

As in, taking two steps back from his failed approach, and letting the warfare in Israel and Gaza (Egypt, etc.) take place without U.S. involvement.

There is no failed approach. The first order of business for this president is to work on our own fiscal crisis here at home. He should be doing exactly what he's doing and that is making peace as much as possible as he's been doing this week.

Now...what would you have him do with the situation in Israel without world support? We think Israel is justified in "defending" themselves. That's what he said. At this point in time Israel doesn't need any military support from the US. We have to start thinking smarter before getting into fights and policing the world. As you can see we wound up getting into two unfunded wars that need to be paid for now...

Personally I believe Israel is gearing up to fight with Iran. I believe I heard the weaponry HAMAS has came from Iran. If they don't cease fire (both Israel and HAMAS) then further bloodshed is going to continue and Israel and Iran will be at it. Others such as Egypt will be caught in the middle.

After so much bloodshed and death of our own are you ready for us to be involved in another war in the middle east?.....Where is all this warmongering coming from?......The world financial markets are collapsing and our economy is right in the middle of it all. We can not afford (financially, physically or mentally) any more war....:sad:

Last edited:

uberrobonomicon4000

By Libertarian stance I am referring to his hands off approach with little to no involvement in foreign affairs.
Live and let live, let other countries work out their own problems and differences. I’m not real sure where you people get your definitions (understanding) of libertarian or get off on me calling Obama one.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I can hardly be described as an Obama supporter, but just the same, I am trying to distill some meaning from your statements.

Are those who voted for Obama happy he is taking a libertarian stance on foreign policy after his failure to maintain it?
Are you referring to his amateurish approach to foreign policy as being Libertarian? Are you implying that Libertarians are similarly amateurish in their approaches? Sorry, I can't parse much more meaning out of this.

As in, taking two steps back from his failed approach, and letting the warfare in Israel and Gaza (Egypt, etc.) take place without U.S. involvement.
I sense there is something tasty here, but alas, it is eluding my simpleton's intellect.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
By Libertarian stance I am referring to his hands off approach with little to no involvement in foreign affairs.
Live and let live, let other countries work out their own problems and differences. I’m not real sure where you people get your definitions (understanding) of libertarian or get off on me calling Obama one.
So this is another thread where you invent your own definition of words and then get upset that no one uses the same definition?

Alceste

Vagabond

Why should US taxpayers fund Netanyahu's war? Don't they have other priorities?

esmith

Veteran Member
Why should US taxpayers fund Netanyahu's war? Don't they have other priorities?
Yeah we do, but those don't seem to be going very well either. However, with the assistance of the US, Israel seems to be able to defend themselves without our direct help for now.