• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oats vs Farina

Oats or Farina

• Oats

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Farina

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Which do you prefer for breakfast?

I'm partial to both in all honesty. But I'm not making that an option ;).

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not going to eat either for breakfast, but either is fine later on.

If I had to pick, I'd probably pick farina(the sooji version). Last time I made it, it was in a recipe similar to this one(though I think mine may have also had tomatoes).

Sooji (Upma) - Indian Cream of Wheat

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I'm not going to eat either for breakfast, but either is fine later on.

If I had to pick, I'd probably pick farina(the sooji version). Last time I made it, it was in a recipe similar to this one(though I think mine may have also had tomatoes).

Sooji (Upma) - Indian Cream of Wheat

Why not for breakfast?

I've never been big on savory Farina. Or their coarser cousins grits for that matter.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't have a clue what farina is, i will sometimes have oats with honey. Mostly though, muesli, wheetabix or special k

Does that mean i should vote oats?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I don't have a clue what farina is, i will sometimes have oats with honey. Mostly though, muesli, wheetabix or special k

Does that mean i should vote oats?

I'm not sure what wheetabix is, so probably oats. I was specifically referring to Hot Cereals :).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm not sure what wheetabix is, so probably oats. I was specifically referring to Hot Cereals :).

Ok, i voted oats
On cold mornings i will pop my cold cereal into the microwave for a minute.
Although wheetabix is available in America apparently it doesn't sell well. So it should be hidden on your supermarket shelf.

Edit : Weetabix sorry for my poor spelling

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Gotcha. Oooh. No thanks. I'd be very grumpy. I used to do the no breakfast thing, but mentally I feel better and clearer with a bit of food in the AM. Even if only a couple hundred calories.

I think it helps many people to eat something in the morning, but I find it makes me sluggish, and more prone to grazing all day.

I think every body is different. :)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I vote for oats, mainly because I’m not American so we don’t have Farina.