• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O.W.Ls. My acceptance letter has finally arrived!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, not really. But I can still dream. :oops:

So for you bookworms out there, what are some read a thons that you have or are participating in? Have you created any yourself? Has your book club/circle come up with a particularly cromulent read a thon?
What do you think of the read a thon? Helpful nudge, or annoying nerdiness?
How do you get motivated to read?
And what is your TBR currently?

My favourite has fast become something of a tradition on "BookTube" among HP fans and Muggles alike. Hosted by the Harry Potter unboxing channel Book Roast (links below) the O.W.Ls or "Ordinary Wizarding Levels" runs during the month of April and has done for a couple of years now. Just a fun little Harry Potter themed read-a-thon to get readers motivated to tackle their mountainous TBR. (Don't worry. The N.E.W.Ts or "Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests" come later in the year.)
She has outdone herself this year, including an entire self made booklet filled with "job/career prospects" and prompts and a little Hogwarts Acceptance Letter intro.
The idea is you choose your career which lists the mandatory "subjects" and then use the prompts from each Hogwarts subject as a way to choose your next books currently languishing on your TBR pile.

And yes, I am aware of just how geeky this is. Ahh fandoms.

Last edited: