• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYS AG files suite to dissolve NRA due to fraud/corruption.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Think that would stop loopy ambitious prosecutors from
seeking fame by proclaiming intent to dissolve them?
Nah.
You have no problem with DAM though?
They can't because there's nothing to dissolve. They're not legal entities.

I don't know anything about DAM.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The Beeb told us that the NRA has 5 million members.
But the USA has hundreds of millions of folks!
I thought the NRA was 'Half America'.....
....... Oh well.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No, just seems since you seem to have an issue with an organization that I happen to belong with you must have an issue with the members..
I don't like the NRA for the negative influences they have over the gun control issue in the US, and if they are a corrupt organization they deserve to be legally taken down.

esmith

Veteran Member
I don't like the NRA for the negative influences they have over the gun control issue in the US, and if they are a corrupt organization they deserve to be legally taken down.
To bad you don't understand the difference between the members and some in the governing body. But I do think your opinion is based on prejudice since I would say the majority of the members agree with the idea that we have to take a stand against those that wish to remove our rights.
But that is your opinion and even though I disagree with you I don't disagree with your right to have that opinion.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
To bad you don't understand the difference between the members and some in the governing body. But I do think your opinion is based on prejudice since I would say the majority of the members agree with the idea that we have to take a stand against those that wish to remove our rights.
But that is your opinion and even though I disagree with you I don't disagree with your right to have that opinion.
Perhaps you members should've done more to remove the problematic people on the governing party.
It's not prejudice but rather a disagreement that quasi-military weapons shouldn't be in the hands of the general public and that prospective gun owners need to subject to stricter requirements.
Thanks, but I don't need your or anyone else's permission to have an opinion.

Tambourine

We have guns. We plan to keep them.
Fascists, SJWs, snowflakes, & government
minions won't stop us from organizing.
1. Why did you store your guns at the NRA?
2. Why do you believe that they will be seized if the NRA leadership is implicated in fraud and embezzlement?

Tambourine

The NRA has provided tens of thousands of good customers to Gaston Glock et al, they are clearly operating as a charity.....

for the international firearms industry. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
1. Why did you store your guns at the NRA?
An odd question.
What makes you think I did?
2. Why do you believe that they will be seized if the NRA leadership is implicated in fraud and embezzlement?
Another odd question.
I don't believe that.

Btw, have you stopped beating your wife?

Last edited:

esmith

Veteran Member
Perhaps you members should've done more to remove the problematic people on the governing party.
Do you not think it is possible that we were not aware of the problem.
But what is the purpose of wanting to dissolve the NRA based on alleged misdeeds of the governing body?

It's not prejudice but rather a disagreement that quasi-military weapons shouldn't be in the hands of the general public and that prospective gun owners need to subject to stricter requirements.
That is your opinion.

Thanks, but I don't need your or anyone else's permission to have an opinion.
No you don't, but in other countries you might have an opinion but you may not be able to express that opinion to others.
No, I am not saying the NRA is the reason you have that right. That right was established and upheld by the members of the military.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
In the UK we have a Charities Commission and where an organisation is found to be feeding itself rather than outside beneficiaries then it just removes charitable status and that is that, no Court cases required unless a ditched organisation wants to make claims. The Freemasons lost charitable status a few years ago in that way.

If the NRA is a corrupt mess providing rich pickings for its officials then it should get dumped from any charity recognition.

It does look pretty bad from most reports.

ecco

Veteran Member
No you don't, but in other countries you might have an opinion but you may not be able to express that opinion to others.
No, I am not saying the NRA is the reason you have that right. That right was established and upheld by the members of the military.

The right to express opinions was established by the military? I don't think that is what is taught even in Texas using Texas textbooks.

esmith

Veteran Member
The right to express opinions was established by the military? I don't think that is what is taught even in Texas using Texas textbooks.
Nitpicking becomes you. I guess I was unclear, but I assumed that everyone should know that it was established by our Constitution and upheld by our military.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What's next?
States will try to dissolve political parties, BLM, unions,
ANTIFA, Stormfront, & DAM (Mothers against Dyslexia)?

We have guns. We plan to keep them.
Fascists, SJWs, snowflakes, & government
minions won't stop us from organizing.
They won't be able to anyways. It would be a breach of constitutional freedoms involving freedom of speech alongside the right to keep and bear arms.

The only scenario I think they would be able to, is if they can dissolve religious organizations. Like China does.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They won't be able to anyways. It would be a breach of constitutional freedoms involving freedom of speech alongside the right to keep and bear arms.

The only scenario I think they would be able to, is if they can dissolve religious organizations. Like China does.
Aye, tis mere political posturing & pandering.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Do you not think it is possible that we were not aware of the problem.
But what is the purpose of wanting to dissolve the NRA based on alleged misdeeds of the governing body?
As I already said, the membership is responsible for electing trustworthy representatives. What the representatives do, is representing the organization. When the representatives are found guilty of crimes (acting for or using property of the organization), the organization is guilty of the crimes.
The organization may get away when they themselves accuse the criminal behaviour of an individual (which didn't happen) or they may demand restitution from the criminals after the fact.

The only chance for the NRA as an organization to get away with as little damage as possible is to elect a new leadership asap and join the AG in the persecution of the former leadership.