• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NYC’s anti-Semitic spree

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Today was attack # 10 against Jews during Hanukkah. All these attacks have been in Brooklyn. Today five people were stabbed at a Hanukkah party.

I’ve always thought of the US as a safe place for Jews to be. I don’t know about that anymore.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Today was attack # 10 against Jews during Hanukkah. All these attacks have been in Brooklyn. Today five people were stabbed at a Hanukkah party.

I’ve always thought of the US as a safe place for Jews to be. I don’t know about that anymore.
Unfortunatly many spiritual and religious groups are being persecuted all over the world today, and again Jews are also targeted.
I think it is important that all religious/spiritual groups work together to force the end of persecution, just because we hold a spiritual belief or practice a form of cultivation.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I feel like this stuff has been becoming more and more common lately. Are we gonna finally get a grip and start dealing with the problem yet?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
In the latest stabbings and other attacks not much was said about White Nationalism, Neo- Nazis, or Trump.

Wonder why that is....

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
In the latest stabbings and other attacks not much was said about White Nationalism, Neo- Nazis, or Trump.

Wonder why that is....

No one has a monopoly on hate for sure. That said, quite a few white nationalists have taken up residence where I live the past couple years. They were leaving flyers at the local collage, and even were pelting my appartment building with plastic bags holding flyers that were weighted with rocks. Looked something like this.

pf-oc-poster.jpg

They have seemed to be getting more vocal and bold.

rosends

Though many have been in Brooklyn, at least one of the recent attacks was in Manhattan and the stabbing was in Monsey.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It's not just the religious being attacked; atheists are being attacked in many countries.
It is attacking people who are 'different' through fear and ignorance.

PureX

Veteran Member
Has any of this to do with the horrific behavior of the Israeli government, lately? No one seems to be willing to even ask that question for fear of being labeled an anti-Semite.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Has any of this to do with the horrific behavior of the Israeli government, lately? No one seems to be willing to even ask that question for fear of being labeled an anti-Semite.
Even if the Israeli government had done something everyone could agree were heinous, why on earth would that make (normal people) attack random Jewish people? What did they have to do with the faults of the Israeli Knesset? I don't particularly like some world leaders myself, but I wouldn't think of beating people of a particular background or ethnicity to a pulp just because I think their government sucks.

PureX

Veteran Member
No. Are you looking for a convenient justification?
There is no "justification" for these acts of violence. But there is probably a motive of some sort. And the Israeli government has been behaving literally like nazi storm-troopers against the Palestinians, lately, and our own government and news media is staying determinedly silent about it. I have to wonder if this is fueling some of this anti-Jewish rage. Or perhaps some new conspiracy theories.

Stanyon

WWMRD?

I don't think you are an anti-Semite but I do think you are avoiding the obvious. With more and more frequency we are seeing this- and it's not typically White Nationalists or Neo-Nazis and I am pretty sure the people committing these acts couldn't care less about the policies of Israel.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
There is no "justification" for these acts of violence. But there is probably a motive of some sort. And the Israeli government has been behaving literally like nazi storm-troopers against the Palestinians, lately, and our own government and news media is staying determinedly silent about it. I have to wonder if this is fueling some of this anti-Jewish rage. Or perhaps some new conspiracy theories.

It seems it has more to do with people of colour feeling they have been used and abused by Jewish store owners and landlords.

PureX

Veteran Member
I don't think you are an anti-Semite but I do think you are avoiding the obvious. With more and more frequency we are seeing this- and it's not typically White Nationalists or Neo-Nazis and I am pretty sure the people committing these acts couldn't care less about the policies of Israel.
What you're "pretty sure of" isn't particularly relevant to me, though. SOMETHING is fueling this recent violent trend, and if the perps are nationalists, what has inspired their uptick in rage? And it's not just here in the U.S., remember.

PureX

Veteran Member
It seems it has more to do with people of colour feeling they have been used and abused by Jewish store owners and landlords.
Is it? Says whom? And why would Jewish store owners be behaving badly toward them these days? Are Jews around the world becoming more aggressive now that Israel has done so?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
No one has a monopoly on hate for sure. That said, quite a few white nationalists have taken up residence where I live the past couple years. They were leaving flyers at the local collage, and even were pelting my appartment building with plastic bags holding flyers that were weighted with rocks. Looked something like this.

pf-oc-poster.jpg

They have seemed to be getting more vocal and bold.

Quite a few of these recent attacks have been committed by African Americans.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
What you're "pretty sure of" isn't particularly relevant to me, though. SOMETHING is fueling this recent violent trend, and if the perps are nationalists, what has inspired their uptick in rage? And it's not just here in the U.S., remember.

The attacker was a black male with a machete.

The way articles are written tend to give you clues when it was probably a non-white that commits a hate crime.

How does all this fit into the White Nationalist and neo Nazi terrorist narrative? It doesn't, that is why you most likely won't see panel after panel of outraged talking heads.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
The attacker was a black male with a machete.

The way articles are written tend to give you clues when it was probably a non-white that commits a hate crime.
What does the skin color of the attacker have to do with why the attack occurred?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

Apparently, what you "have to" do is focus on anything but antisemitism.