• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NWT, the most accurate Bible?

djhwoodwerks

JW's when you read your Bible, do you actually read the words, or do you mentally scan all WT publications as you read?

John 6-45, 46b.png

In verse 45 we see there on the left, in the JW's own KIT that the word "Theos" is translated as God, but on the right, it is translated as Jehovah. When we go to verse 46, we see the word "Theos" translated as God on both sides.

It's translated that way in your online Bible also.

.+ 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by Jehovah.’*+ Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me. 46 Not that any man has seen the Father,+ except the one who is from God; this one has seen the Father.+

The second thing to notice is, the translation of the Greek on the left says, "will be all taught "OF" God and having "heard" of the Father and having "learned" is coming to me." It doesn't say that Jehovah is the teacher, as it says on the right, but everyone will be taught "OF" (about) God.

Would a JW be so kind as to elaborate on this?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
People still swear by the King James, the New King James and even the
Queen James used by those with a penchant for homosexuality.
I kind of like the New World Translation used mainly by Jehovah's Witnesses.
But does anyone really not believe translators might use different but plausible
language to support a certain religious belief, or pick and choose and quote
verse to support religious claims?????
"Spare the rod and spoil the child" does not give permission to beat the kids.
It means the "rod" is the word of God, not a stick.
Ask the strange people that handle live pit vipers in "church" why they do so
and they will quote scripture to back up the near suicidal actions.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the ONLY way to get a JW to reason another way is to prove to them there is no Paradise Earth for them. It can't be done.

djhwoodwerks

Out of curiosity, which would you claim to be "the most accurate Bible?"

The OP is not about accurate Bibles, I guess I should have worded the title different so certain people would know how to respond.

"NWT, is it really the most accurate Bible?"

But, to answer your question, I never rely on one version of the Bible. I won't use a Bible that has "translation" on it's cover, i.e. Darby's New Translation, New English Translation, New World Translation. If you need to know why, research the difference between "translation" and "version". I use Olive Tree Bible+ for all my studies and have a few hard copies of the Bible as well.

ThirtyThree

People still swear by the King James, the New King James and even the
Queen James used by those with a penchant for homosexuality.
I kind of like the New World Translation used mainly by Jehovah's Witnesses.
But does anyone really not believe translators might use different but plausible
language to support a certain religious belief, or pick and choose and quote
verse to support religious claims?????
"Spare the rod and spoil the child" does not give permission to beat the kids.
It means the "rod" is the word of God, not a stick.
Ask the strange people that handle live pit vipers in "church" why they do so
and they will quote scripture to back up the near suicidal actions.
I am extremely technology literate, so the Bible I read is digital and it fits comfortably in my hand. All six point five inches of it.

However, I have to say, King James Version for me. Then, I just enjoy the way it is written. However, I use two apps on my Android tablet, so it is basically like I am reading many translations at once. This is great when something confuses me. I just consult the parallel and it makes sense. If it still does not, I consult Strongs, other lexicons or study notes. Also, I can highlight verses as I see fit in multiple colors, attach notes and search through those and the Bible itself. This is useful when I forget who came from who.