• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Number of Interracial Marriages, Multiracial Americans Growing Rapidly

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
After a number of people here asserting they are trying to save their white identity - I have news. That fight is over. The future of America is multiracial and that future is arriving at warp speed.

the number of mixed-race Americans is growing three times faster than the U.S. population as a whole. The U.S. Census projects the multiracial population will triple by 2060. In the 1970s, 1 percent of children were of mixed race. That number has grown to 10 percent. Number of Interracial Marriages, Multiracial Americans Growing Rapidly

In 2015, 17 percent of newlyweds – or at least 1 in 6 of newly married people – were intermarried, which means they had a spouse of a different race or ethnicity. When the Supreme Court decided the Lovings' case, only 3 percent of newlyweds were intermarried. Interracial marriage in the US: 1 in 6 couples now racially mixed

bb8ic2qate-wa_cbgc2ifg.png

In U.S., 87% Approve of Black-White Marriage, vs. 4% in 1958

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Well I am a biracial man dating a woman who is only half my race :D. I approve of interracial marriages although I hate those interspecies ones :mad:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I'm all for interracial marriage.

I'm also happy with those whom wish to save their cultural identity.

I'm Swedish and German and would love to see this continue in my children.

Just don't expect to see me dancing around in a Brunhilda outfit. :D well, maybe later. :p-
Heidi%205677.jpg

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The arabs have a considerable amount of english and irish blood in their veins after at least four centuries of taking slaves from our coastal towns. They often took entire villages.
The British themselves have rarely worried about who they married Race wise.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
After a number of people here asserting they are trying to save their white identity - I have news. That fight is over. The future of America is multiracial and that future is arriving at warp speed.

the number of mixed-race Americans is growing three times faster than the U.S. population as a whole. The U.S. Census projects the multiracial population will triple by 2060. In the 1970s, 1 percent of children were of mixed race. That number has grown to 10 percent. Number of Interracial Marriages, Multiracial Americans Growing Rapidly

In 2015, 17 percent of newlyweds – or at least 1 in 6 of newly married people – were intermarried, which means they had a spouse of a different race or ethnicity. When the Supreme Court decided the Lovings' case, only 3 percent of newlyweds were intermarried. Interracial marriage in the US: 1 in 6 couples now racially mixed

bb8ic2qate-wa_cbgc2ifg.png

In U.S., 87% Approve of Black-White Marriage, vs. 4% in 1958

It'd be more interesting to see this broke out by income level, but far be it from me to trust Gallup, because "Hillary Won". :D

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

It will be meaningful when we stop calling it interracial marriage, until then the numbers just prove we are still racists.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So you cannot screw racism into nonexistence?
Apparently not. Brazil is far more miscigenated than the USA, and while it sure helped in dissolving racism somewhat, it is hardly non-existent here.

Interestingly, it has also made it somewhat more fantastic. It is very common to find people making surprising claims about their own ethnicity, often without even realizing it.

Many Brazilians, myself included, have little clue on what we should claim as our ethnic groups. It is simply not very common to think of Latinos as non-Caucasians, for instance.

DavidFirth

The Bible does not mention the word, "race." Race is an invention of biased men.

People of different "races" were never forbidden to intermarry, only the children of Israel were commanded not to marry Gentiles.

There are no races, only men and women.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
As a Me'tis, I am a by-product of interracial parents, as two of my grandparents were French and Indian and one Scottish and Indian. The Me'tis were pretty heavily discriminated against, typically not being accepted by either the white nor the Amerindian societies. Fortunately, there's little of that discrimination and prejudice left.

I remember a while back that one anthropologist predicted that the U.S. would be more like Brazil eventually, and I think he's likely to be correct.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It's scientific that interracial babies are the best looking, and I wouldn't just say it cause I'm bias.
And if we become as interracial as Brazil, maybe we'll even learn how to win at soccer!

Flame

Beware
It's scientific that interracial babies are the best looking, and I wouldn't just say it cause I'm bias.

I agree ;) Both my daughter and I were cuties when we were babies but my daughter got to keep her cuteness.