• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nuh, flood.

Salaams everyone
If Quran is word of Allah SWT how do we reconcile doubt /confusion when reading account of the flood? Global /regional, animals in pairs, insects upwards?

Salam/Peace
I would say Flood was localized to Holy Land, which ejected rejecters from the Holy Land. The mention of pairs does not say animals only in Quran. It could mean for people going on a journey to keep provision from every pair of utilities.
Not sure about 'insects upwards' question. Is it possible to give reference of the verse?
Thanks

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salaams everyone
If Quran is word of Allah SWT how do we reconcile doubt /confusion when reading account of the flood? Global /regional, animals in pairs, insects upwards?

Hi Stephen,
Walikum alsalam. How are you? I hope you are doing great. It's been a while.

Do you mean why cause flood gloably? Or you mean something else?

Wasp

Wa alaikum salam,

You should listen to or read about the views of scholars on this. The flood was local and it doesn't say in the Qur'an that Noah took with him a pair of all species.

Ellen Brown

Wa alaikum salam,

You should listen to or read about the views of scholars on this. The flood was local and it doesn't say in the Qur'an that Noah took with him a pair of all species.

Muhammad PBUH called the Jews and Christians, "The people of the Book". In my opinion, Islam is a copy of Judaism in many ways.