• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nu Here

Medhak

Hi, how are you? ... 2/18/2022

Am so glad to be here: what is your spirit animal?

Is anyone here familiar with Poison Path?

- Medhak

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hi there, welcome to RF. No, I'm not familiar with "Poison Path?" But i am familiar with cake.

3291372281_d72ef5e24f_b.jpg

Enjoy.

No doubt @Revoltingest will be along later with the keys to the staff debating chamber and a free helping of haggis.

exchemist

Veteran Member

- Medhak
Poison path sounds like something to avoid.

I see you have chosen Toad of Toad Hall as your avatar. Classy. Poop poop. :D

Medhak

The timely welcomes are much appreciated.

Great to meet you, enjoy the discussion.

Uhsoolian?

Regards Tony

Uhsoolian, yes. Frog-faith...Very old! and very new...

Poison path sounds like something to avoid.

I see you have chosen Toad of Toad Hall as your avatar. Classy. Poop poop. :D
Poison-Path may be something to avoid; I understand it is related to herbalism, but of course, it must go further than that...

Toad of Toad Hall is something I will look into. My avatar is The Frogman of Oz, a character of Frank L. Baum's.

exchemist

Veteran Member
The timely welcomes are much appreciated.

Poison-Path may be something to avoid; I understand it is related to herbalism, but of course, it must go further than that...

Toad of Toad Hall is something I will look into. My avatar is The Frogman of Oz, a character of Frank L. Baum's.
I had in mind him:-

toad_of_toad_hall.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Join us for dinner in the staff cafeteria.
We have scintillating & civil discussions
about the compelling issues of the day.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
- Medhak
At the moment you are a puzzle, but we will find the answer. Welcome to RF. :)
"These include over 7,100 species in 55 families, of which the Craugastoridae (850 spp.), Hylidae (724 spp.), Microhylidae (688 spp.), and Bufonidae (621 spp.) are the richest in species."
Frog - Wikipedia
Poison-Path may be something to avoid; I understand it is related to herbalism, but of course, it must go further than that ..
Frog-faith. Like the 'Frog in the Well" - "Koopa-manduka".
Soma, Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani, Homeopathy, or the newer one?
256x256bb.jpg

Last edited:

ajay0

- Medhak

Interesting questions. I am interested in knowing who my spirit animal is ! :)

Welcome to the forum, and hope you can elaborate on these. Thanks.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

- Medhak

Hello, Medhak, and welcome to Religious Forums.

2ee27116f93aa12d1c1937c47ead5c0e.gif

I know that spirit animals are part of different spiritual beliefs other than Native American spirituality. Speaking as a descendant of the Cherokee and Choctaw, I'm intrigued by native spirituality, but I respect Native Americans enough to know that their ancient spirituality is sacred to them, and it's insulting to them when an outsider (someone who doesn't have Native American ancestry or isn't a member of a tribe) attempts to practice it, but doesn't follow it correctly. Personally speaking, I'm familiar with spirit animals in Native American spirituality, but I don't adhere to it, out of respect for Native Americans and their sacred spiritual beliefs.

I'm not familiar with the Poison Path. Would you please elaborate? Thanks.

Medhak

I know that spirit animals are part of different spiritual beliefs other than Native American spirituality. Speaking as a descendant of the Cherokee and Choctaw, I'm intrigued by native spirituality, but I respect Native Americans enough to know that their ancient spirituality is sacred to them, and it's insulting to them when an outsider (someone who doesn't have Native American ancestry or isn't a member of a tribe) attempts to practice it, but doesn't follow it correctly. Personally speaking, I'm familiar with spirit animals in Native American spirituality, but I don't adhere to it, out of respect for Native Americans and their sacred spiritual beliefs.

I'm not familiar with the Poison Path. Would you please elaborate? Thanks.

I really don't understand your stance. You're Cherokee and Choctaw, but you refer to the Natives as "them." I don't believe in blood-quantum and any indio person who takes blood-quantum seriously is no different than a colonizer. The part of me that is indio is the part of me that is spirit.
- The part of you that is spirit is free to access the sacred. It doesn't require a priest's permission.
Just like within any other people group, spiritual indigenous peoples have to work out their salvation for themselves.
- Finding your spirit animal may just be a case of finally deciding what your favorite animal is and thus, finally understanding why. From there, the journey begins.

I'm looking for info of the Poison Path myself...

Ella S.

Dispassionate Goth
The Clavicula Nox magazine released a book on Sabbatic Satanism that talks about what they call "the poison path," and it's also mentioned in Liber Falxifer III if I recall correctly. I might be able to dig them up again from my collection.

I don't know if it's what you're looking for. The general idea was that historical witches were often poisoners. They knew how to handle toxic herbs that could be used in small doses as psychotropic drugs or antiseptics or as ingredients for rituals. It seems a little dangerous to me.

Medhak

The Clavicula Nox magazine released a book on Sabbatic Satanism that talks about what they call "the poison path," and it's also mentioned in Liber Falxifer III if I recall correctly. I might be able to dig them up again from my collection.

I don't know if it's what you're looking for. The general idea was that historical witches were often poisoners. They knew how to handle toxic herbs that could be used in small doses as psychotropic drugs or antiseptics or as ingredients for rituals. It seems a little dangerous to me.

Ah, that's all I needed to know.

I like to avoid Satan and the practices of witches. I've read Anne Rice...:frogface:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. but you refer to the Natives as "them." I don't believe in blood-quantum and any indic person who takes blood-quantum seriously is no different than a colonizer. The part of me that is indic is the part of me that is spirit.
Just like within any other people group, spiritual indigenous peoples have to work out their salvation for themselves.
I suppose, his 'them' included himself too. We are what we are. How does denying help?
Do people need any salvation?

Medhak

I suppose, his 'them' included himself too. We are what we are. How does denying help?
Do people need any salvation?
First of all, we're not talking about indic peoples.
And even if we were, I don't know what you're indicating that I suggested be denied.

I don't know if people need salvation; however, I have known people who wanted salvation and received it. Salvation is in itself a good thing. We should all want salvation at some point.